• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just picked up Mario Kart 7 for 20 bucks at KMart(had shop your way rewards points about to expire of 10 bucks) so I purchased it. Man this game is pretty fun :smokin

Mario Kart veterans Princess Peach and Yoshi provide the inspiration for two new Wii Remote Plus controllers – both releasing on same day as Mario Kart 8
With just over a month to go until gravity-defying racing comes to Wii U in the shape of Mario Kart 8, Nintendo has today announced that a Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition Wii U hardware bundle will accompany the launch of the game on 30th May.
The release of the Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition represents an ideal offering for first-time Wii U owners, with a black Wii U Premium console with 32GB* of storage packaged alongside a black Wii U GamePad controller, Sensor Bar, and the all-important Mario Kart 8 game disc. With Mario Kart 8 set to feature 16 remixed classic courses, as well as 16 courses that are brand new to the series, both newcomers and veteran drivers alike will face fresh karting challenges with the added twist of a new antigravity feature allowing Mario and company to race upside down or up vertical surfaces.

MARIO GOLF: WORLD TOUR REVIEW
BRIAN ALBERT

COME OUT SWINGING

APRIL 24, 2014 Mario Golf: World Tour is a fine game overall, with lots of ways to play and a challenges that reward skill, but what makes it great is how smoothly its levels progress you from beginner to unstoppable golfing machine. This sense of progression, paired with lots of content and smart multiplayer options, make it a worthwhile way to spend your time.
Hitting a ball in Mario Golf is as easy or as difficult as you want it to be, though it does reward those who take the more skillful route. You can line up the ball normally and just hit for power, or you can switch to the manual mode, which lets you add various spins to pull off fancy shots. Here, Mario Golf strikes an excellent balance of risk and reward. Putting backspin onto a ball so it will roll backwards toward the hole feels great when you pull it off, but it’s also easier to miss the “sweet spot.” Poor judgment can send your ball zooming into a sand pit or reeling backwards away from the hole, and learning those nuances comes with training as well as raw play time.

The bulk of Mario Golf is made up of three courses, each with 18 holes, and they all have something new to teach you. The forest course has slow winds and is relatively free of danger, so you’re free to learn the basics. The seaside course adds strong gusts and sand traps. And finally, the mountain course adds obstacles to shoot past and steep edges to avoid. Each course has that goofy, bulbous look and charm of a Mario world, though they are a bit tame until you unlock the challenge maps.
Mario Golf steadily ramps up in difficulty, but it intelligently teaches you new skills the whole time. By the end of the third course I was avoiding cacti, adding spin to my swings, and taking advantage of the wind to nail my shots. It felt great. There is always challenge, but there’s success and learning alongside it. Each match played also unlocks a new golf accessory in the store, so you can customize your golfer with new clubs and threads. Unfortunately, many of these items share identical stats, and differ only in how they look. It can also be difficult to find the store, or anywhere else, really, because the map is bare and unmarked.
After finishing the campaign, there are plenty of additional challenge maps to unlock. Finding them is a bit tricky because they’re located in a separate set of menus, even though they directly tie-in with the main map area. But once you do, Mario Golf opens up into a new kind of game that’s focused on trick shots. Collect all the coins on a course, send the ball through all the rings, and so on. It's another thing to think about instead of just getting the ball to the hole.

The courses also introduce items that affect how your golf ball travels. The Bullet Bill power-up sends your ball racing forward in a straight line. Another one sends your ball exploding upward, which is useful for nabbing coins. Just when you think you’ve mastered the game, it adds new ways to play. And the rewards for these challenges are new themed maps, like a Princess Peach course, or an underwater course with water physics.
Even though Mario Golf uses plenty of golf jargon, there are plenty of options that keep casual players’ heads above water. Toad’s tutorials are fast and well explained, and they cover the nuances of elevation, sloped shots, and dealing with wind.

Plus, before competing in any of the three main course championships, I was able to take a practice round and earn a handicap for myself. It’s a great way to test the waters, and as you improve, your handicap will change to match until, eventually, points are actually being added to your score because you’re just too good. This system even makes practice feel rewarding and worthwhile, instead of something you just do until you’re ready for the real tournament.
Mario Golf’s multiplayer modes are awesome, and they’re a great way to keep improving after completing the main courses. There’s the traditional competition to earn the lowest score, and one mode has you racing to complete three holes in the shortest time. It’s great, because with all the variables you’re used to dealing with in golf, doing things quickly is something I’d never had to consider.

THE VERDICT

You don’t have to be a hardcore golf fan to get hooked on Mario Golf: World Tour. It rewards good play, gives plenty to do, and is a great teacher. Its incremental approach to challenge kept me coming back to test myself, and the post-game challenges and multiplayer modes inspired me to play in new ways even after I thought I was a pro.

Mario Golf World Tour on 3DS
GREAT
Mario Golf does a great job of showing you the ropes, and the challenges and multiplayer keep you coming back.

+Good learning curve
+Great training options
+Lots to unlock
+Smart multiplayer
– Confusing map

Got my son legend of Zelda wind waker he was so juiced
I played it originally when it was released for the GameCube
Took me a minute to beat
He's 8 I wonder how long he takes
He flew through a link between worlds and even beat hero mode

People sleep on Mario I stay whoopin people with regular ol Mario
One thing I hate about brawl is it seemed almost everybody had the same weight
And would fly out the arena as soon as they reached a certain percent regardless of character

Mario in ssbm > brawl... brawl was nice but they dumb downed so many players I was upset. if they could combine the 2 games I'll get a u strictly for this.

People sleep on Mario I stay whoopin people with regular ol Mario
One thing I hate about brawl is it seemed almost everybody had the same weight
And would fly out the arena as soon as they reached a certain percent regardless of character

Mario in ssbm > brawl... brawl was nice but they dumb downed so many players I was upset. if they could combine the 2 games I'll get a u strictly for this.
i suspect thats what they trying to do for the new one

Took me a minute to beat
He'll get stuck when its time to find the TriForce. I was 15 I think and I got stuck trying to find the Triforce. I also got stuck trying to find the fire and ice arrows
Has this been proven fake?
I swear if Ganondorf doesnt have an entirely new moveset..... I think this is fake though.

Last edited:

Took me a minute to beat

He'll get stuck when its time to find the TriForce. I was 15 I think and I got stuck trying to find the Triforce. I also got stuck trying to find the fire and ice arrows

Has this been proven fake?

I swear if Ganondorf doesnt have an entirely new moveset..... I think this is fake though.
It hasn't been PROVEN fake yet though..............

And yeah it took me a while to figure out how to navigate
The ocean

Last edited:

Mario Kart veterans Princess Peach and Yoshi provide the inspiration for two new Wii Remote Plus controllers – both releasing on same day as Mario Kart 8
With just over a month to go until gravity-defying racing comes to Wii U in the shape of Mario Kart 8, Nintendo has today announced that a Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition Wii U hardware bundle will accompany the launch of the game on 30th May.
The release of the Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition represents an ideal offering for first-time Wii U owners, with a black Wii U Premium console with 32GB* of storage packaged alongside a black Wii U GamePad controller, Sensor Bar, and the all-important Mario Kart 8 game disc. With Mario Kart 8 set to feature 16 remixed classic courses, as well as 16 courses that are brand new to the series, both newcomers and veteran drivers alike will face fresh karting challenges with the added twist of a new antigravity feature allowing Mario and company to race upside down or up vertical surfaces.
I wish I had more friends who come over and play cause I want all 4. But a big issue is getting matching nunchucks

I wish I had more friends who come over and play cause I want all 4. But a big issue is getting matching nunchucks
i only ever used the nunchuck for super mari galaxy 1

So I think I'm finally gonna get a new game boy. Haven't had one since gameboy color. Can't remember a game since Pokemon red and blue.

Since I been having fuwith the wii u I figured I may as well dive in

The only thing is I'm very skeptical of 3d.

Now I know these questions will seem crazy to a lot of you but I would appreciate the help because I wanna know if I should buy it

Should I buy a 3ds over a ds for sure?
Is there a way to turn off the 3d capabilities?
How is it even 3d? Im assuming I don't need glasses
Can it play ds games? Are there that many good ds games?
Is there a huge library available?
Please recommend some games

This would be very appreciated please help

Yes 3D can be turned off. Yes it plays DS titles which has a HUGE catalog of AAA titles. You'll have plenty to play between DS titles, current 3DS titles and future titles as well. Also Nintendo is putting some GBA titles on the 3DS via the virtual console.

Thanks. I went to order and all I see is the XL version. Does anyone have any experience with that. Is it the better option

Thanks. I went to order and all I see is the XL version. Does anyone have any experience with that. Is it the better option
I had the first 3DS and it was too small for my hands (which aren't that big) then the XL got released. Picked it up and it was significantly better. That's your best bet. Even my wife complained about the size of the smaller model.

You can also buy a 2DS. It's less expensive while playing everything the 3DS does, as well as DS games. I have bigger hands though and it makes mine cramp a little when playing.

Thanks guys!

Got the black on black 3D XL

Super Mario land 2
Ocarina of time
Star fox 64
Luigi's mansion dark moon

I missed out on the last 3 because I was a playstation kid

Went from NES to sega to the 3 playstations with a game boy mixed in. Glad to be back with the wii u and ds. I almost got a ps4 but the lack of a vast library and not being able to play movies on a flash drive at the moment mad me put it off. I hate them for taking away that function

Thanks guys!

Got the black on black 3D XL

Super Mario land 2
Ocarina of time
Star fox 64
Luigi's mansion dark moon

I missed out on the last 3 because I was a playstation kid

Went from NES to sega to the 3 playstations with a game boy mixed in. Glad to be back with the wii u and ds. I almost got a ps4 but the lack of a vast library and not being able to play movies on a flash drive at the moment mad me put it off. I hate them for taking away that function
Post up ur friend code so we can add u
And how u forget to get Mario kart 7???

True... I got mariokart 7 and the new Mario golf which is the reason I gave in and got one in the 1st place and forgot

I'm debating if I want to pick up DKC:TF or Bravely Default next. I'm leaning towards DKC because I'm pretty good on JRPGs right now. I have about 10 hours or so left until I get complete FF X 100%. I'll still have FF X-2 and Lightning Returns. I also bought Star Ocean: The Last Hope to play again. They both look great but I'm a sucker for good JRPGs. Bravely Default is even more tempting since it is traditional turn based.

I can't speak for Bravely Default but DKC:TF is amazing, everything from the music to the level design is awesome.

The game is definitely worth it, it's so hard to put down once you start to get into the swing (no pun intended) of things. And then once you're able to ace the levels you can try the time modes and see how other people do and let me tell you, that mode is addictive.

Cranky Kong FTW.

Back
Top Bottom