• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played a little Balloon world. Nice way to pass time if you're determined to play more Odyssey, but otherwise eh.

That Balloon World gives a nice lil oop of coins in a quicker amount of time than the "Bowser Kingdom beanstalk in the clouds" method...........if you pick the easier balloons to find, I mean

I noticed it could be a pretty efficient hustle, especially at the bonus spots. The mode just isn't worth spending that kinda extra time on for me. They should just have some kinda environmental coin abundance after you beat the game, or find the 880 moons, or something

I noticed it could be a pretty efficient hustle, especially at the bonus spots. The mode just isn't worth spending that kinda extra time on for me. They should just have some kinda environmental coin abundance after you beat the game, or find the 880 moons, or something

Personally, they should've locked the option to buy moons AFTER you've obtained all 880 required moons......but typical Nintendo pandering to casuals that want to give everyone the "pay-to-win" option to put everyone on an even playing field :smh:

Personally, they should've locked the option to buy moons AFTER you've obtained all 880 required moons......but typical Nintendo pandering to casuals that want to give everyone the "pay-to-win" option to put everyone on an even playing field :smh:

They shoulda just given the 999 reward at 880 and not had any bought moons count

Took a while but allow me to give the end all be all definitive Zelda BOW review. I’ve wasted a lot of thought on a lot a negative things the past couple days (been snowed in so I’ve been on here for a bit) so I figured I’d spend some on a positive note

Before I begin let me start by saying I’ve played and beat to max capacity ALL previous Zelda games. It was a game I originally picked up at age 5 (Zelda 1 on nes) and have been a fan of ever since. Let me also add these new generation of games just aren’t my thing anymore for the most part. Expansions, DLC, games made with the sequel already halfway into development, games released half way with promises of fixes and,or completion (DLCestiny I’m look right at you you ***** *** mother ****er) and other things of that nature, I just can’t get down with.

Oddly enough I will forgo ALL positive things to say. “OMG waaaaa???”, let me explain, put the knife down. There’s no debate or denying that the game is good..... better than good. We hear it all the time, it is what it is. For the most part I share what everyone else has already said. Boring, let’s skip that.

Now, the cons

- shrines are NOT fun at all. They are not a challenge, they’re a chore. We got the kind you just fight in, some magnet kind, some throwy kind, blah blah blah. We break are balls for the orb, we could care less about the shrine

- “oooo this boss will be coo..... oh.....” the bosses are complete TRASH.... and there’s only FOUR of them. A random lion guy should not be cooler than ALL of the bosses

- the temples are TRASH. What used to be a creative staple has been reduced to 4-5 shrine like puzzles that repeat!!! What. The. ****. The whole time I thought these just might be the intro temples like the ones before you go to the dark world in ALTTP.... nope. Trash!

- weapons breaking is dumb. There’s absolutely no challenge to this. You find something, you save it because of your OCD, then it breaks. I get why it’s in place but a basic leveling system for link as a whole would fix ALL of that mess. There’s no sense of accomplishment

- WAY too many shrines and stupid seeds. Ok, so I get that they wanted to just have these for the OCD guys, I’m one of them, I didn’t want to do it. Why? Well, first the story was done before I even got to my first row of hearts. There’s absolutely no need for them other than for the sake of doing it. Secondly, it’s ******* boring. I couldn’t imagine running around the entire world just to climb trees and pick up rocks hoping those a little pedo elf there. If it added something that actually mattered and was useful MAYBE but more item slots? For what???? The stupid items break creating a constant open slots LOL

- ok, yes, the story in Zelda was never a huge selling point, I totally get that but my goodness I couldn’t care about it at all if I tried. At times I was wanting Gannon to kill Zelda because every time she spoke it sounded like she was on deaths door. Annoying ***** shut up. I get they wanted players to go about things the way they wanted but there was absolutely no direction to the game at all. Zelda version of Minecraft

- the world is huge, open, and mostly completely devoid of everything but grass. Populate the damn place

- holy lord only what? 4-5 different kinds of enemies? That’s it?

- **** rain

- I’m sorry but the frame rate issues in 2018 is ticking inexcusable. It’s absolutly horrible at times. The korok village makes me want to vomit YouTube PCmaster race hate posts.

Woo... anyway, I felt like this was more of a “ground zero” type demo to the type of game the next Zelda will be like. The foundation is there but it’s severely lacking crucial Zelda elements. The game is a 9.5/10 as a game in general but as a Zelda title it’s a 6/10 for me.

Until next time

Yep, I agree with most of your sentiments, especially about Zelda. They turned her into a bipolar emotional b*tch with a British accent. :lol:

Vastly overrated game with not a lot of substance

The game is beautiful , so sad It went that way, I felt exactly like that as well... too bad anyway as you say the fundation is there. Even though we didn't get much of it in all terms, it still holds its value, in open world, how good it was made and the freedoms of everything.

I can tell from the start with BOTW that most Zelda purists were gonna have some negatives towards it..........the moment you realize that the Tri-Force isn't one of the primary objectives of the game.

As I recall, outside of the Master Sword, the Tri-Force was like the #1 goal in the game in order to go after Ganon.

BOTW is the first Zelda game I played from beginning-to-end (outside of the damn DLC......******* "Dark Souls" level **** there), and even I knew something was off when there was NO TRI-FORCE being sought after as a primary objective of the game.

And yeah, the Korok seeds were BLEH.........no excitement factor that you get for collecting them besides the fact that it upgrades your inventory slots. Which even then, upgrading inventory slots is useless considering weapons have a "durability system" in-place anyway for them to brake.

I still love the open-world aspect that they went for, and it made me fully understand why Zelda 1 started out as open-world (even though 2D open-world games had me all LOST and ****.....I could never get into the original Zelda game nor SNES's A Link To The Past because of that open-world nature on a top-down 2D space).

But yeah, BOTW did lay a small foundation that Nintendo could build off of to make that true DEFINITIVE GREAT OPEN-WORLD (3D) ZELDA GAME that people have been asking for since Ocarina of Time.

I finally bought a Switch today.
IMG_20180222_220538.jpg

They need to bring those individual Red Odyssey joycons to America, dammit..............don't keep them exclusive to the Switch Odyssey bundle

Back
Top Bottom