:::Nirvana Appreciation Post:::

I think people love them so much only because Cobain died.

Some people, but honestly...

I can't tell you that many albums, live or otherwise...that are better than MTV Unplugged in New York.

Definitely appreciated.

Alice in Chains > Nirvana, any day of the week. Dont get me wrong i like nirvana, but its a shame that their music so overshadowed the talent of such anamazing band like AIC. Alice In Chains' songwriting and musicianship is far superior.

^I'm too big of a Nirvana fan to just agree with you completely, but Alice in Chains are definitely underrated.

Originally Posted by mace40

^I'm too big of a Nirvana fan to just agree with you completely, but Alice in Chains are definitely underrated.
Co-sign. I'll never get tired of "Would?" and "Nutshell (acoustic)".

- Tical.

NikeTalker23 wrote:
^ This is a Nirvana appreciation post. Not AIC > Nirvana post.
That's why my original post on the first page said how much I appreciate them, but since someone else brought up another greatgrunge band in comparison, I figured I'd give my opinon on that topic as well. Please, untwist your panties.

- Tical.

Nirvana was the first band I listened to outside of rap/R&b and it really opened my mind in a lot of ways. Kurt Cobain was that dude....I loved hisvoice. Plus Dave Grohl was mean on the drums. The DVD is copped, just waiting for it in the mail.

Definitely appreciated.

APPRECIATED!!! Nevermind still gets rotation...
smokin.gif

I'm glad this post is up. I remember 6th grade when Nevermind dropped I would just listen to Smells like teen spirit on repeat on the bus ride to school. In high school I got a little more into Hip Hop but something kept bringin me back to grunge, and Nirvana in particular. I know everyone always criticizes themusic for being to simple (most songs being 3 chords) or the band for being too overrated. But for my money its doesn't get much better than Nirvana. Cobain just wrote alot of great melodic songs, the slow and chill ones were great and the harder stuff was real heavy. Overall, it was just about the amountof passion he brought to the table. I own all their albums as well as the collectors set "with the lights out." It's really cool to hear the bsides and rare jams. I just copped the Unplugged in NY DVD which is fire
pimp.gif
. Bleach and Insecticide were a little harder hittin' as was In Utero but I still like all 3. In fact Aneurysm (off Insecticide) is my favoritenirvana track of all time. Anyway I'm rambling now, as you can tell: much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom