NO Hornets + Ric Flair....What is the Connection???

Ever since Ric Flair made an appearance at the Hornets game after his retirement match a few weeks back, theyve been playing his trademark "woooooo"over the PA system during games. What is the connection? Does Flair live in NO or is this a relationship dating back to the Charlotte days?

Flair and the George Shinn (Hornets owner) are very good friends.....It used to be Baron Davis's adlib, then they gave it to CP after he left.....

I was thinkin the exact same thing. Hes not from New Orleans though (Minnesota I believe)

ric flair with the Charlotte, NC connection where the hornets use to play.

good friends with the owner

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Flair and the George Shinn (Hornets owner) are very good friends.....It used to be Baron Davis's adlib, then they gave it to CP after he left.....

Word I remember they used to do that for Baron. I guess it started when they moved to NO, that wasn't the case in Charlotte.

Charlotte, NC is Flair Country; the Hornets just played there.

I hate Chris Paul, but I think it's cool that they use the "WOOOO!" whenever he scores
laugh.gif

They need to knock it off... Its mad ******ed.... Whooooo! + Charlotte Hornets is ok. They aint in Charlotte no more though

I dont get why this is talked about so much. They do it at a lot of hockey games.

Yeah I know it happens at the Bruins games (not that apparently anyone cares cuz they beg people to go! haha) and then some other places i've heardit...but Ric Flair is the mannnnnnnnn so whatever

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Charlotte, NC is Flair Country; the Hornets just played there.

I hate Chris Paul, but I think it's cool that they use the "WOOOO!" whenever he scores
laugh.gif

Yeah when I went to a Hornets game during spring break in New Orleans in 2004, WOOOOOOO was heard when B Diddy shot from downtown.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

I dont get why this is talked about so much. They do it at a lot of hockey games.

This is the first time i've seen anyone talk about this lol. So its not really talked about so much.

I thought the Hornets/Paul and Ric Flair connection was because of this:

+

=

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
jk

but seriously, I'm enjoying the WOOOOOs in NO. And great game by CP3 vs the Spurs.
pimp.gif

All stadiums/arenas have popular phrases/songs/sounds/etc. that they play over the PA system to get the crowd involved and what have you, so what if there wasabsolutely no connection at all between the Hornets and Ric Flair?

it's funny cuz before the playoffs started, I heard only good things about Paul. Now the hate is everywhere.

Yup Charlotte, NC is Ric Flair country and the Hornets used to do it back when they played there. I guess it just transferred over. I'm more of a fan ofthe trumpet snippet that is played.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

All stadiums/arenas have popular phrases/songs/sounds/etc. that they play over the PA system to get the crowd involved and what have you, so what if there was absolutely no connection at all between the Hornets and Ric Flair?
well, he was introduced before the game a few weeks back + the chants...i just thought it was more than a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom