No Longer Buying Jordans

I refuse to buy any more Jordans with the exception of the 1's.

I've got chipped/peeling paint and sole separation on a majority of my Jordan's and I take care of my kicks too. it's not like i'm thrashing them.

anyone else have the same experience?

lol that’s really the name of the game idk how long you’ve been doing the shoe collecting thing but in reality that’s just a fact of life the shoes with air will crumble the shoes with icy soles will yellow and glue doesn’t last forever. Talking about life goes on.

I've got chipped/peeling paint and sole separation on a majority of my Jordan's and I take care of my kicks too. it's not like i'm thrashing them.

Just out of curiousity, are your Jordans from 2014 or earlier? The quality was crap back then which is why youre experiencing the issues you are. The quality has gotten a lot better since then.

Just out of curiousity, are your Jordans from 2014 or earlier? The quality was crap back then which is why youre experiencing the issues you are. The quality has gotten a lot better since then.

All polyurethane midsoles will eventually crumble tbh.

yup, jordans purchased from early 2000's are **** quality apparently

I got rid of the majority of my Jordans used/DS from the early 2000 to 2007 alot of the shoes I had from this timeframe where still wearable and had a lot of life
I have a few of the countdown packs left and stuff from 2008+

The older Jay’s not wearable anymore if deadstock they will just crack and fall apart or they’ll be a lot of paint chipping it’s not worth it collecting or trying to Soul swap or any other nonsense to keep an old shoe wearable

welcome to the five stages of loving sneakers
E6AA1361-2BB7-4E11-A5E5-33288E4B7B22.gif
74390C6A-D1B8-4636-B4A1-2904064F5532.gif
E6AA1361-2BB7-4E11-A5E5-33288E4B7B22.gif

Facts. I been thinking like this for a few years now. As much as I love 3's and 4's I don't see me coping those models like that anymore. I'll still pick up a AJ 11 thru 14 but besides 1's that's about it as far J's go. 1's alone are addictive enough for me. They take up most of my sneaker collection. They simply look great with everything and have tons of color combinations.

they are shoes
that touch the dirty *** ground
all they do is protect ur feet
stop whining

I feel you. I'm pretty much done myself. I'll only buy well executed OG colorways. If the next WC 3's are done like these red 3's that just released, I'm in. Same for 4's if they fix the tongue. Fire Reds and Military Blues gotta be coming eventually, right?

Which Jordans are you referring to?

That's actually not true! If you were to hold a 2001 black/cement 3 vs the 2018 pair, the quality in terms of materials and way they were made are night and day. Heck, even the EP is better on the old one. I have a pair of 2001s and they leather is beautiful. Looks great almost 20 years on. But it's the PU midsole that's the issue. It's not meant to last forever (like an XI midsole which is NOT PU). That isn't the shoes fault in terms of quality. It's just science that polyurethane doesn't last as long. The new stuff is close cell so it's not as comfortable but lasts longer than open cell.

Ask anyone on here, if they had a choice between a new pair of 2001 BC3 or a new 2018 pair they would take the 2001. A pair of 2003 black/red 12s va the newest one. Same thing. The 2003 is SO MUCH better. The leather is just nicer. I'll get someone to soleswap my pair soon. They are too nice not to wear.

yea i stopped buying jordans but the funny thing is im really into team jordans now.

just the first 10 or so.
for some reason those have more nostalgia for me than some of the main models.
and also its like a niche thing.

i hardly ever see anyone wearing those.

but yea im done with 1 through 14

Back
Top Bottom