No love for the Zoom Kobe 3?

You said these were yourfav kobes
I just like them more than any other. They stand out in design. I have always called them the wicker basket shoes. My wife hates em I love em. It has nothing to do with tech or performance. Its simply my opinion. I dont own a single Kobe shoe, but if I were to choose one it would be the Zoom 3. It always stood out to me. Its different. That coming from a guy that just blends in. lol. No real cool story other than that. I always liked these for some reason.

I just like them more than any other. They stand out in design. I have always called them the wicker basket shoes. My wife hates em I love em. It has nothing to do with tech or performance. Its simply my opinion. I dont own a single Kobe shoe, but if I were to choose one it would be the Zoom 3. It always stood out to me. Its different. That coming from a guy that just blends in. lol. No real cool story other than that. I always liked these for some reason.
respect

side note, i never noticed how the 11s midsole kind of resembles the hole in the 34 until looking at your new av

OR... His daughter's middle name, Diamante, which also inspired the diamond cut pattern on the ZK2.
Ok man ill stop lol

I never knew that though, thats dope

Truth be told, Kobe was my favorite player by far after jordan and i thank god he showed up to ease the pain of Jordan leaving. Couldnt have asked for a better replacement. Id honestly thank the dude for the insane work ethic it took to achieve that for us as much as he himself. And i think he very much did it for the fans as much as he did it for himself. He realized he had the abilility/talent and made it happen. Only through him could we all have ever realized that surmounting Jordan just wont ever happen strictly because of the perfect storm of Nike and Tinker at that particular time and the unprecedented level of skill/athleticism displayed by Jordan. It just cant be repeated much less topped.

Last edited:
The one cool thing about the 3 is it seems to me like it was the first step toward flywire and where uppers we’re headed. Not that those plastic uppers are necessarily a good thing. But it’s interesting from a design evolution standpoint.
I agree the 3 isn’t attractive. But had they released more colorways with different colored toe caps and rubber upper panels and the backing behind them—like the All-Star colorway—it looks much better.

Back
Top Bottom