No more Rookies vs. Sophomores. Now Rooks/Sophs vs. Rooks/Sophs

Originally Posted by wcghost

Shumpert should've definitely been recognized over folks like B. Knight & N. Cole. T. Thompson  & K. Leonard
fixed

Chuck squad is gonna put in work.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I just liked the competitive aspect of of rookies vs soph's. It came with bragging rights I suppose. I'm pretty sure they'd talk !%+! to each other about who the better class was. With this format...all that is kinda lost. Now it's JUST a pick-up game...with no other competitive aspect to it.

There was never anything competitive component to any of these games. I just like the idea that we get to see Rubio and Linsanity throw lobs to Blake!
Come on. Most of you guys are just complaining for the sake of complaining. This is a completely pointless game but it's just a nice little bonus for these young players to get some spotlight during All Star Weekend.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I just liked the competitive aspect of of rookies vs soph's. It came with bragging rights I suppose. I'm pretty sure they'd talk !%+! to each other about who the better class was. With this format...all that is kinda lost. Now it's JUST a pick-up game...with no other competitive aspect to it.

There was never anything competitive component to any of these games. I just like the idea that we get to see Rubio and Linsanity throw lobs to Blake!
Come on. Most of you guys are just complaining for the sake of complaining. This is a completely pointless game but it's just a nice little bonus for these young players to get some spotlight during All Star Weekend.
No. I was complaining for what I expected to happen...and it did.
Two horribly put together teams by two idiots. 

Originally Posted by dland24

Cake are you saying that you dont think Blake deserved the ROY last year? Because I got FLAMED last year when I made that comment.

In some respects ... Yeah. I mean I get that this is his 2nd year playing, I get that, but because he losing a year due to injury did not make him a rookie.  Same as a red shirt freshman, they've gotten to see all of the other things that athletes deal with behind the scenes w/o the pressure of playing so its a smoother transition.  I moreso have an issue with him playing in this game as a "Soph" than anything. He is not a "Sophmore" in the NBA
30t6p3b.gif

I feel you Seymore, if Blake was a rookie last year, they need to put an asterisk or something, because it was his second year in the league.

Blake's probably the most popular example but that rule has been in effect forever.

No one probably cares but Speedy Claxton missed his rookie season and was considered a rookie the following season. Greg Oden's bum %%+ too.

Back
Top Bottom