No rapper or rap group can have more than 2 classic albums!

this is the argument i was in the middle of last night. i said you can but my two friends said no way. i was in a drunken state so i could not thinkstraight. but i said that Outkast have had 3 classics with ATLiens, Aquemini, and Stankonia.

any one care to name 3 classics from 1 artist.

i was up in there about the Black Album, completing Jay's trilogy along with RD and the Blueprint

Originally Posted by young dr0

ATLiens, Aquemini, and Stankonia. southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

4 classics.
pimp.gif

A Tribe Called Quest possibly? (People's Instinctive Travels through the Paths of Funk and Rhythym, The Low End Theory, and Midnight Mauraders)
Common? (Ressurection, One day It'll All make Sense, Like Water for Chocolate)
The Roots? (Do You Want More, Illidelph Halflife, Things Fall Apart)
Jimi Hendrix? (Are You Experienced, Axis of Love, Electric ladyland)
De la soul (3 Feet, De la is Dead, Grind Date)
Beastie Boys (Licensed to ill, Check Your Head, Ill Communication

nvm about jimi i forgot it was just rap

i'd agree with you on Jay (RD, Blueprint, Black Album) plus 'Kast, Mobb Deep, Common, and The Roots

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album (and I think American Gangster will be better appreciated in 5-10 years)

College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation

Ghost-Supreme Clientele, Ironman, Fishscale

DOOM-Operation: Doomsday, Madvillainy, MM...Food? (I don't care what anyone says, that joint is classic in my eyes)

AZ-Doe Or Die, Aziatic, The Format (AWOL cranks, too)

Nas-Illmatic, It Was Written, Lost Tapes

Eminem-Slim Shady LP, Marhall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show

Ice Cube's first 3.

Originally Posted by greenmag1c

do your friends know who 2pac is?
same thing i was thinking

and Eminem has a couple, so does Mobb Deep for sure...another guy: killa cam- SDE, Purple Haze, and come home with me

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album...(and I neither know nor care what the mags rated these...they are classics)

SMH @ people saying Mobb Deep. First one is bonafide. Other two are just Ok, not even great albums, let alone classics.

Kast has it down packed. There first three albums are classic IMO. I really can't think of anyone else that has done this. Too many of you guys areconfusing great albums with classics. "Graduation" classic? You got to be out of your mind,
laugh.gif
. I LOVE 'The Black Album' but there'ssomething holding it back from it actually having it certified classic. Only other two I can think of that I wouldn't disagree with would be Deep and De LaSoul.

Ryann, I could've sworn like 2 years ago you hated Jay, lol.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by greenmag1c

do your friends know who 2pac is?
same thing i was thinking

and Eminem has a couple, so does Mobb Deep for sure...another guy: killa cam- SDE, Purple Haze, and come home with me

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

i would say tribe..and ghost for sure.

Back
Top Bottom