No rapper or rap group can have more than 2 classic albums!

Stillmatic was not a classic

But more than 2 ... possibly Nas, Kast, Ghost, Pac, Cube, Rakim, Roots, Jigga, Em, Redman, Common, Talib (if u count the hi tek album) .... but thats arguable... its more like 2 classics with and a great album.

3 6 got this down packed:

361213.jpg

190546.jpg
1725881.jpg
290649.jpg

pimp.gif

Right off the top of my head I got The Roots , ATCQ, and Outkast (first three though) the Geto Boys also come to mind but it's sort of debatable, NTstandards they got 3 classics for sure though.

EDIT: Reading over the post I got to add in De La Soul too also Kool G Rap. Maybe Jay, Nas, Rakim, and Scarface depending on what's a classic

Y'all are BUGGIN' with Mobb Deep. They have one classic. Hell On Earth was average. I like Murda Musik more but it ain't no classic.

But no surprise that the soundtrack for fake thuggery would get mad love in here. Because I'm sure all of you can relate so much to that nonsense Prodigyspits.

When is he going to do a verse about getting bullyed around by all the rappers he talks $$$* about? The verse where he gets punched in the face and doesnothing. THAT would actually be real.

And the term "classic" is relative. It's opinion.

Also no surprise that a group like Public Enemy, with a message and intelligent content has yet to be mentioned. But I guess that's why society is in thecondition it's in.

In my opinion, Outkast for sure. I'd say De La and Tribe probably have 3. Beastie Boys, front if you want like it ain't Hip Hop, is also probably 3deep.

There's definitely a solid crop with 2 (BDP, Eric and Ra, G Rap, BIG, NWA etc.)

And since people saw fit to mention groups like Mobb Deep or a dude like Cam in this discussion, which is just ridiculous, let me go ahead and throw Gang Starrin.

Step In The Arena
Daily Operation
Hard To Earn
Moment Of Truth

Pick your 3......

dang i forgot Cam. I KNOW everyone won't agree with this

but

SDE, CHWM, PH are all classics to me.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Ghost-Supreme Clientele, Ironman, Fishscale

DOOM-Operation: Doomsday, Madvillainy, MM...Food? (I don't care what anyone says, that joint is classic in my eyes)

AZ-Doe Or Die, Aziatic, The Format (AWOL cranks, too)

Nas-Illmatic, It Was Written, Lost Tapes

Eminem-Slim Shady LP, Marhall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show

Ice Cube's first 3 4.

not to mention Dr. Dre with The Chronic and 2001, Quik with Quik is the Name and Rythmalism, Bone Thugs with Creepin on Ah Come Up, E1999 Eternal and Artof War...

Originally Posted by illphillip

Also no surprise that a group like Public Enemy, with a message and intelligent content has yet to be mentioned. But I guess that's why society is in the condition it's in.
nah PE gets their respect... but !*$@ most dudes on here is like 23/24... i couldnt even listen to they !*$@... lol

135603.jpg

this is the first joint i remember hearing any songs off of... i was 9 and had no idea what these dudes was talkin about... so yea PE was b4 my time and overmy head...

PE, Nas, Krs-One, Outkast, Ice Cube, ATCQ, De La Soul, Beastie Boys, NWA, Ghostface, Scarface, Tupac

PE, Nas, Krs-One, Outkast, Ice Cube, ATCQ, De La Soul, Beastie Boys, NWA, Ghostface, Scarface, Tupac
Sounds about right.

I'd also throw EPMD on the list aswell.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

^^^ whether or not rappers spit the truth has nothing to do with it being classic music.
Look. I know rappers stretch the truth like crazy. But Havoc and P been making music since they were 12.

I can't listen to them, and although I think The Infamous, sonically was incredible, they never grew after that. It was just the same old %#$%.

And that was just a side rant. Because I can't understand why those dudes get love like that here, unless some of these kids are also trying to live outsome superthug fantasy.

But in a nutshell, no way Hell On Earth (like I said, I though Infamous was classic. I was more than ready for them to drop another classic, and this album wasmad disappointing. Only song, other than that horrible title track, I can even remember right now is "Extortion") is a classic. I liked Murda Musikmore, but it's not classic.

So I'm not at all understanding how cats are coming in here making it seem like Mobb Deep (other than Outkast) has like the illest catalog in Hip Hop. Likethey the group with the most classic albums. When they only have ONE.

That %#$% is preposterous.

Forgot about EPMD. Which I should be ashamed of.

even though Pete Rock & CL Smooth first joint was an Ep...no one can deny the consistent levels that these brothers delivered with the beats & rhymes.classic releases if you ask me.

41X2MF90PNL._SS500_.jpg
41DTZ00STAL._SS500_.jpg
51anCKnZYmL._SS500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom