Non-Blacks; Growing Up In School, Did Your Teachers Speak/Teach You of Black Culture At All?

317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg
317x317_lil_mama.jpg

Not really in I went through a predominantly black school system............in Birmingham
smh.gif

I went to private school my entire life. I cannot recall a large amount of course work devoted to black history month when I was in elementary school, but itwas a big deal at the school I went to for grades 7 through 12. The majority of our star athletes (black) were recruited and given a free private schooleducation in exchange for playing sports. Pretty much like a scholarship, but at the high school level. My high school had so many controversies related toathletics, it was kind of sickening, but we won a lot of championships! (Montclair Prep, Van Nuys, CA).

This is an excellent topic, I always wondered this

but its funny because at my grammer school (100% black) we learned NOTHING of the Holocaust, just basically acknowledged that it happened.

But we spent a considerable amout of time on Black History, which is understandable because it was OUR history, but we still missed out in History....

We were taught all about slavery and the usual stuff in lower grades, but if you wanted to delve deep into African history you would have to take that specifictype of history just like asian/hispanic/european/etc. People in here seem to forget that there is not only two races (white/black) that have impacted thiscountry.

Back
Top Bottom