NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Jay Cutler injured...

http://www.chicagotribune...20111120,0,3721060.story

Cutler expected to miss 6-8 weeks with broken thumb

Comments
6Share1317
By Vaughn McClure, Tribune reporter
9:07 p.m. CST, November 20, 2011

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks with a broken thumb on his right throwing hand suffered late in Sunday's 31-20 victory over San Diego, multiple sources told the Tribune.

According to a source, surgery could be an option for the quarterback, but there is no immediate plan to put Cutler on injured reserve. Essentially, he could return for the playoffs, with six weeks remaining in the regular season.

Related
Caleb Hanie will assume the quarterback duties as Cutler recovers.

Cutler suffered the injury while helping to prevent a Chargers touchdown on an interception return by San Diego's Antoine Cason when he was knocked to the ground by linebacker Donald Butler. He played the rest of the game, in which he completed 18 of 31 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns, with an interception.

Bears coach Lovie Smith said there were a couple of bumps and bruises after the game but didn't mention Cutler's injury.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer was the first to report that Cutler suffered a broken thumb, without identifying which hand.

[email protected]

Goddamnit. 

30t6p3b.gif

I shoulda made a thread when Schaub went out for the season.

I know that feeling, it sucks.

it's bad that cutler throwing a touchdown and cutler realizing his finger broke, are the same face.

seriously though...how the %!@% did I lose all 3 of my QBs in fantasy in 8 days.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

it's bad that cutler throwing a touchdown and cutler realizing his finger broke, are the same face.

seriously though...how the %!@% did I lose all 3 of my QBs in fantasy in 8 days.
sick.gif

man +**% you and yo fantasy team. I hope we lose you .........for life.

Jay broke it trying to make a play after the pick. I had no idea. I'm stunned. Can't believe it.

I'm over it. Hanie played well against GB last year. We have 4 very winnable games! 11 will get us to the playoffs, no doubt.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I'm over it. Hanie played well against GB last year. We have 4 very winnable games! 11 will get us to the playoffs, no doubt.

i hope you are right man 
ohwell.gif

yesss yess yesssss i don't like see players get hurt but if it hurt the bears chances then ok this is great i can't waitt to see the sad faces at work tomorrow yeeessssss 

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by MrONegative

sick.gif

man +**% you and yo fantasy team. I hope we lose you .........for life.

damn...you right, i forgot myself for a sec. !!!$ fantasy, this is great news. I mean it ain't 6% in the 4th news, but still
smokin.gif

Poor guy. It was looking like his year for redemption.

That said, I hope the Bears lose out. I don't wanna see no Hanie led Bears team as a doormat in the postseason. Gimme Lions/Falcons/Boys.

According to ESPN he may be done for the regular season...will undergo surgery....
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom