NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

It was. A story that could become reality. That’s the ****ed up part about it.

It deserves a Jordan Peele production.
Yeah it could become real and I get styles and genres that are more realistic and grounded as well purposely dark and brutally violent but as a sci-if, a black author writing it, and it being pure fiction I would’ve liked a better ending at the least.

Joint was like a Twilight Zone ep that was rejected cuz it was too messed up.

If Peele were to adapt it I feel like he’d change a lot. Definitely no bleak sad ending. Potential for it being great though.

Think somebody should just adapt this for tv again

It was. A story that could become reality. That’s the ****ed up part about it.

It deserves a Jordan Peele production.
He has yet to harm any black people in his films unless you wanna count the grandpa in Get Out. So he’d completely change the ending if he adapted the story, which makes it an entirely different story :lol:

He has yet to harm any black people in his films unless you wanna count the grandpa in Get Out. So he’d completely change the ending if he adapted the story, which makes it an entirely different story :lol:
US with Adelaide/Red too

How’d I forget that? :lol:
It's been so long :lol:. It's also one I never went back to rewatch either tbh
francis.png

Yeah it could become real and I get styles and genres that are more realistic and grounded as well purposely dark and brutally violent but as a sci-if, a black author writing it, and it being pure fiction I would’ve liked a better ending at the least.

Joint was like a Twilight Zone ep that was rejected cuz it was too messed up.

If Peele were to adapt it I feel like he’d change a lot. Definitely no bleak sad ending. Potential for it being great though.

Think somebody should just adapt this for tv again

Easily could be adapted to where in the end, Black people were taken to a Utopia. Also could show how greed, wealth, and exhausted resources continued to plague America despite Black’s jettison.

lol Easily could be adapted to where in the end, Black people were taken to a Utopia. Also could show how greed, wealth, and exhausted resources continued to plague America despite Black’s jettison.
That’s exactly the ending I was expecting or something along the lines of the aliens hoodwinking the white ppl getting what they wanted all along (black ppl) or a twist like the aliens were black ppl in disguise.

Not space slavery.

Still haven't seen get out or the one with Lupita...

Maybe I should see them this weekend if I can find the time

Which ever movie you decide to watch first don't expect them to be similar.

A lot of people saw Us expecting it to be like Get Out and were disappointed because it wasn't.

You really don’t HAVE to see either Get Out or US to see Nope I think(unless Peele is going to pull an M Night Shyalaman). I think Get Out is mandatory viewing due to the commentary. Us is a horror that just-so-happens to star black folk.

Back
Top Bottom