NORCAL SKI/SNOWBOARDING SEASON 2011/2012

Fellow NTers:
The season is coming up fast! Please share any resort conditions, deals, how your trip up to the snow went, etc. 

Opening days I know of:

Boreal: Friday October 29, 2010

Northstar: Saturday, November 19, 2010 (updated 11/18/10)

Squaw Valley: Saturday, November 20, 2010 (updated 11/4/10)

Heavenly: Saturday, November 19, 2010 (updated 11/18/10)

Sierra at Tahoe: Saturday, November 27, 2010 (tentative, updated 11/18/10)

Conventions:

SF Ski/Snowboard Festival: Fort Mason Center 11/6-11/7, 2010

Santa Clara/Silicon Valley Ski/Snowboard Festival: Santa Clara Convention Center 11/13-11/14 2010

http://www.sfskifest.com/

SF has VIP beer tasting on the 7th for $25 (reg. $40) via goldstar.com, and VIP wine tasting on the 6th for the same price. Otherwise general admission for both days comes out to $13.50 (reg $20) from goldstar. Not sure if the $10 entrance fee is still active on groupon. 

Ski Dazzle Sacramento: Cal Expo Fairgrounds 11/20-11/21, 2010

http://www.skidazzlesacramento.com/

post away

Fellow NTers:
The season is coming up fast! Please share any resort conditions, deals, how your trip up to the snow went, etc. 

Opening days I know of:

Boreal: Friday October 29, 2010

Northstar: Saturday, November 19, 2010 (updated 11/18/10)

Squaw Valley: Saturday, November 20, 2010 (updated 11/4/10)

Heavenly: Saturday, November 19, 2010 (updated 11/18/10)

Sierra at Tahoe: Saturday, November 27, 2010 (tentative, updated 11/18/10)

Conventions:

SF Ski/Snowboard Festival: Fort Mason Center 11/6-11/7, 2010

Santa Clara/Silicon Valley Ski/Snowboard Festival: Santa Clara Convention Center 11/13-11/14 2010

http://www.sfskifest.com/

SF has VIP beer tasting on the 7th for $25 (reg. $40) via goldstar.com, and VIP wine tasting on the 6th for the same price. Otherwise general admission for both days comes out to $13.50 (reg $20) from goldstar. Not sure if the $10 entrance fee is still active on groupon. 

Ski Dazzle Sacramento: Cal Expo Fairgrounds 11/20-11/21, 2010

http://www.skidazzlesacramento.com/

post away

Nice to see this thread got started.

Colorado and the East Coast already opened a few resorts, so I'm pretty excited for this season (went to a snowboard movie premier at the Roxie in SF last month and scored a free Northstar pass, so this season's already looking good for me!) The pacific northwest is supposed to get a good amount of snow with the La Nina storm, and hopefully it'll reach down to Lake Tahoe for an epic season as well.

Heavenly is scheduled to open Nov. 19, so it sounds like most Tahoe resorts will be opening mid-November.

I'm sure a lot of Bay NTers are probably familiar with this, but if you're looking for a day trip up to the snow without having to drive, bayareaskibus.com offers day trip bus rides. The 2010/2011 schedule is up on their site, but they always make last minute changes. I dno what the prices are these days, but when I did it a few years ago, you could get a day trip for around $100 (pricey, I know, but if you consider the cost of lift tix, gas, complimentary food, and not to mention the convenience,it's not a bad deal).

Nice to see this thread got started.

Colorado and the East Coast already opened a few resorts, so I'm pretty excited for this season (went to a snowboard movie premier at the Roxie in SF last month and scored a free Northstar pass, so this season's already looking good for me!) The pacific northwest is supposed to get a good amount of snow with the La Nina storm, and hopefully it'll reach down to Lake Tahoe for an epic season as well.

Heavenly is scheduled to open Nov. 19, so it sounds like most Tahoe resorts will be opening mid-November.

I'm sure a lot of Bay NTers are probably familiar with this, but if you're looking for a day trip up to the snow without having to drive, bayareaskibus.com offers day trip bus rides. The 2010/2011 schedule is up on their site, but they always make last minute changes. I dno what the prices are these days, but when I did it a few years ago, you could get a day trip for around $100 (pricey, I know, but if you consider the cost of lift tix, gas, complimentary food, and not to mention the convenience,it's not a bad deal).

Less than a month to go!!! Get your boards tuned NT!!! Keeping it Nike related, I've got a brand new pair of Zoom Force 1s for the season
tongue.gif
will post pics soon
wink.gif

I've got a Squaw Silver pass for this season, I've had my fill of Northstar for a while. It's still awesome, but Squaw's a lil bigger with more advanced terrain, plus they have night boarding now, which I tried last season and is actually very legit. I've been dreaming about riding for a while now
pimp.gif

Less than a month to go!!! Get your boards tuned NT!!! Keeping it Nike related, I've got a brand new pair of Zoom Force 1s for the season
tongue.gif
will post pics soon
wink.gif

I've got a Squaw Silver pass for this season, I've had my fill of Northstar for a while. It's still awesome, but Squaw's a lil bigger with more advanced terrain, plus they have night boarding now, which I tried last season and is actually very legit. I've been dreaming about riding for a while now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PWalrus

tongue.gif
will post pics soon
wink.gif

pimp.gif
Wat color Zoom Force 1s you pick up? I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair myself (hemp/space blue).

tongue.gif
will post pics soon
wink.gif

pimp.gif
Wat color Zoom Force 1s you pick up? I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair myself (hemp/space blue).

Flossy, but a good purchase nonetheless PW, esp. at $80 you won't be disappointed. Nike puts out quality snowboard boots (at least for the two seasons they've been around), not to mention they have a team of legit riders. They actually do a lot of R&D but at the same time keep it real and low key, kinda like Nike SB in their earlier days, rather than trying to blow themselves up in the industry like Burton. I've pretty much been getting my nerd on w nike snowboarding since I first handled a pair of their ZF1s last season
smile.gif

Flossy, but a good purchase nonetheless PW, esp. at $80 you won't be disappointed. Nike puts out quality snowboard boots (at least for the two seasons they've been around), not to mention they have a team of legit riders. They actually do a lot of R&D but at the same time keep it real and low key, kinda like Nike SB in their earlier days, rather than trying to blow themselves up in the industry like Burton. I've pretty much been getting my nerd on w nike snowboarding since I first handled a pair of their ZF1s last season
smile.gif

Yeah, I figure they're not gonna be flossin too much while I'm riding, they'll be... muted, given the conditions
tongue.gif

I have faith in the Swoosh, I can't wait to test them out
happy.gif
the quality is great, and they're more comfortable than my 32 Lashed.
Sw00shm4n, you really came up with that Northstar pass, there's tons of good riding to be done there, and the Vail acquisition might score you some free rides @ Heavenly and in CO if you make it out that way. BTW The Hemp/Space Blue CW is
smokin.gif

Yeah, I figure they're not gonna be flossin too much while I'm riding, they'll be... muted, given the conditions
tongue.gif

I have faith in the Swoosh, I can't wait to test them out
happy.gif
the quality is great, and they're more comfortable than my 32 Lashed.
Sw00shm4n, you really came up with that Northstar pass, there's tons of good riding to be done there, and the Vail acquisition might score you some free rides @ Heavenly and in CO if you make it out that way. BTW The Hemp/Space Blue CW is
smokin.gif

pretty flossy for boarding it, but I couldn't pass on them
tongue.gif

sweeet bro.

got me these last season and never looked back. they feel great the only prob is finding the right bindings for the size 13s.
laugh.gif

762154ee5e5b27606e6d48fd706dccd020ca1fb.jpg

pretty flossy for boarding it, but I couldn't pass on them
tongue.gif

sweeet bro.

got me these last season and never looked back. they feel great the only prob is finding the right bindings for the size 13s.
laugh.gif

762154ee5e5b27606e6d48fd706dccd020ca1fb.jpg

for everyone thats getting a northstar sierra double whammy, do they only ask for school schedule? do you have to have a school id? or is a drivers license enough? thanks

for everyone thats getting a northstar sierra double whammy, do they only ask for school schedule? do you have to have a school id? or is a drivers license enough? thanks

^^ If you're referring to the college double whammy, the website does say you need some form of proof that you're enrolled in classes.

^^ If you're referring to the college double whammy, the website does say you need some form of proof that you're enrolled in classes.

Pogiboy67 - last season a schedule was enough, they're not very strict.
AJIIIPlatinum - that's my favorite colorway of the ZF1
pimp.gif
classic, like old AF1s

Pogiboy67 - last season a schedule was enough, they're not very strict.
AJIIIPlatinum - that's my favorite colorway of the ZF1
pimp.gif
classic, like old AF1s

thanks pwalrus- thats what all my friends said from last season. but wondering if they got stricter this year. sw00sh i already saw that as well, thats why im wondering. worse case, ill say i forgot my id (school) if they ask

Back
Top Bottom