Norcal's GRUB Thread

oh_hai_gif.gif

There's no sauce on the ribs?!
ohwell.gif

BBQ looks really good. They give you garlic bread, nice. I hate those joints that just give you couple slices of white/wheat bread.

Originally Posted by eFEMMEraI

Riblicious BBQ in east San Jose! 

Place is okay. I still prefer Texas Smokehouse (mentioned on the last page), but I do like that Riblicious doesn't serve you sliced bread.

The name of the places escapes me its a donut shop in San Jose close to the convention center. I heard they serve beer smoothies(
laugh.gif
sick.gif
) also heard the donuts were bomb, its on my list of places to check out.

Originally Posted by LB510

The name of the places escapes me its a donut shop in San Jose close to the convention center. I heard they serve beer smoothies(
laugh.gif
sick.gif
) also heard the donuts were bomb, its on my list of places to check out.

Psycho Donuts?

check out donut dynamo on 24th pricey but dope

checked out limon first time this past weekend on valencia..tasty

I finally had Roam Artisan Burger, but I totally forgot to take a regular picture...It was instagrammed 
embarassed.gif

Pretty good burger. Two patties, bacon, caramelized onions, lettuce and tomatoes for $12. A bit on the small side, but it was good. Fries were small, don't get.

c9ab167982704c7b8ebec934a2746590_7.jpg

Went to Hard Knox a couple days ago. Got the cajun lucy and fries. Burger and service were good but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. The fried chicken my dad got was good and it reminded me of the chicken at Chicken and Waffles in Jack London. After, I went across the street to Mr. and Mrs. Miscellaneous. I got the rosemary and honey ice cream which was really good. Even better was that I got it for free because it was my birthday. They also gave pretty big samples too which was nice. The girl working there was really cute. A little later we went to Bi Rite and I got the blueberry sorbet i think. It wasn't anything special but my mom acted like the lavender and honey was the best ice cream she ever tasted.

sf by hodrick., on Flickr

Originally Posted by eFEMMEraI

Riblicious BBQ in east San Jose! 
l.jpg
this.

i've been to ribfest up in reno/sparks, nv and tried many "world famous ribs" and riblicious is actually pretty tasty. ahhha. even the corn bread too is not bad. if only they had a bigger place and cable that actually had sports and beer.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

It'd be unfair for me to judge Fentons after only trying one flavor, same applies to Mitchell's (only tried mango).

However, I still love Polly Ann's green tea and taro icecream.
I live in the east bay, so I go to Fenton's out of convenience sake. In all my honest opinion, fenton's is highly overrated. Their ice-cream is mehh...I think I rather go to the somewhat newly opened Loard's Parlor in San Lorenzo (hometown). The owner there is so chill, and he's even stayed opened longer to accommodate my friends and I. Not to mention, Loard's Mango > everythingggg...I'd say Polly Ann's is on par (that's my go-to spot whenever i'm in the city.).

Oh, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but has anybody been to The House? Heard the food was bomb, not too bad price-wise for an upscale dinner-date spot.

Hey buds...to make a long story short can some dudes recommend some cheap eats for 6 days. I really wanna try a new place everytime I eat in S.F.

I don't eat pork or beef, and i'm not really a fan of seafood. So any wing, sandwich, chicken spots worth it in the bay?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Hey buds...to make a long story short can some dudes recommend some cheap eats for 6 days. I really wanna try a new place everytime I eat in S.F.

I don't eat pork or beef, and i'm not really a fan of seafood. So any wing, sandwich, chicken spots worth it in the bay?
Apologize for always bringing this up Norcal Grub, but I LOVE San Tung's wings. Here's their yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/s...restaurant-san-francisco

The potstickers are great too, but they're pork
ohwell.gif

Out of curiosity, what's your ethnic background Grimlock?

For pho, people like Turtle Tower (located in the Tenderloin), however, I don't see the hype in it.

Back
Top Bottom