Norcal's GRUB Thread

San Tung wings are AMAZING. Friends took me out there for dinner when I moved out to The City last month. 

Anyone know of good lunch spots in/near the Financial District? I work down there and the only thing I found, that I enjoy is a small shop called Henry's, where they sell a Korean BBQ sandwich w/ egg. 

^^^ Try some food trucks like señor sisigs fries, tropsieuno for good burritos in the financial, R&G for chinese.

El Farolito is good but overrated.

La Taqueria>la costa>el Farolito

Last edited:
Im going to Pican in oakland later on tonight.....its like a fancy soul food spot. I wanted to know if anybody has tried either their duck or pork belly? how was it? I know their fried chicken is cool but i want something different

where the east bay spots at?

from san leandro to fremont?

Everett & Jones BBQ in Hayward
La Victorias Taqueria in Hayward (SJ one is better though)
Val's Burgers in Castro Valley
Fifth Wheel in San Leandro
Diggers Diner in Hayward

A few of my local favorites.. you could see I'm from the Hayward area :D

where the east bay spots at?

from san leandro to fremont?

Everett & Jones BBQ in Hayward
La Victorias Taqueria in Hayward (SJ one is better though)
Val's Burgers in Castro Valley
Fifth Wheel in San Leandro
Diggers Diner in Hayward

A few of my local favorites.. you could see I'm from the Hayward area :D

Some may have been mentioned already, couple more spots in Hayward...

Casper's Hot Dogs
Taqueria Senaida's
Chavez Taqueria
Bronco Billy's Pizza
El Taquito
La Casita Restaurant

Haha, haven't been to the one in SF but I love the SM one. Usually go for lunch and it's never fully packed so they come to your table more often. :pimp:

Those little ground meat cheese pastry things. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Smoking Pig BBQ
1144 N 4th St, San Jose, CA 95112
Only tried it once, but it was pretty good. Their beans and corn bread * thumbs up*. Place gets really busy, had to go right at opening 11am.

Little Star- Italian Combo :smokin

Woodhouse Fish Co- Crab & Lobster Roll. Also head the fish tacos are really good. The Lobter Roll was pretty good right up there with the one from Sam's Chowder House in Half moon Bay. You have the optionn of getting 3 ounces or 6. I got 6 on the Lobster Roll and 3 on the Crab.

Chile Pies & Ice Cream- There mixed berry and there lemon butter milk are no joke. Its a little pricey for a whole pie (30+) but there really good. The place is right down the street from Ikes.
http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2011/...best-pies-bay-area-slideshow.html#show-181755

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chile-pies-san-francisco

:tongue:

Going back to Boiling Crab next week its been way to long :smokin

Last edited:
Smoking Pig BBQ
1144 N 4th St, San Jose, CA 95112
Only tried it once, but it was pretty good. Their beans and corn bread * thumbs up*. Place gets really busy, had to go right at opening 11am.

Have you tried Dickey's Barbeque Pit? Never heard of it until I saw a commercial on TV today. It's a chain restaurant though.

yo, the berkeley one is literally a block from my crib, every thursday.
why people dont be down to kick it?
i been saying this.
hit me up.
[email protected] is best.

I'll hit you up for sure fam. Sorry been off NT for a good minute, for those who want to know more about the spots I've hitted up since living here PM me and ill shoot you my instagram (I think I had an NT'er liked a couple of my shots there unknowingly). Anyway, if you guys see the stuff I post then you'll definitely be in the know in some unknown spots I just uncovered as of recent :smokin

Back
Top Bottom