North Korea....really though?

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Ya'll mad at North Korea? 
roll.gif

Its time for a sig-check:

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Herman Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

Sound familiar?
I'll bite.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?
I think the point he's making is along the lines of their dictatorship is strong, and actions like this are how they keep such strong power over there because they do things such as this to punish the rebels for a lack of patriotism. That's their way of maintaining their dictatorship, otherwise the people would lose respect for the power they are told the dictators have.
It's the same way our government gets away with invading our privacy by keeping us safe, because we're under attack from things we know too little of. The fear being instilled, whether through force ala North Korea or deception/truth/imagination ala the U.S., is a tactic for keeping government/ruling order in the respective environment.

so basically while that's a tragic thing to go through, it's not out of the ordinary considering the environment they live in.

But what do I know though, I'm just up tired on NT, chillin since I'm sleepy & in due to bad tires + snow outside
grin.gif

I mean, it'd be weird for North Korea to not punish the people who didn't cry.  

Originally Posted by LeJOHN

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

this post is proof that americans go crazy by whatever news they are force fed
people are shocked by north korea doing this? word? do you know anything about north korea at all?

this is very very tame compared to what north korea is and has always been

read up.

This. Crazy how uninformed and clueless we are

How does that make it any less absurd? "Oh y'all just finding out N Korea is terrible? I been knowing that." That isn't the point, but this dude CYE has to find a way to go against the common trend in every thread.
laugh.gif

<3

That is whack, SMH, enslaving your people is pathetic and against all human ethics and moral, idiots 

Back
Top Bottom