Not Cool, Ruski's. Not Cool. Vol.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Russian fans declare Poland theirs, fight hosts in the streets[/h1]
03-us-blog-avatar-40x40_234957.jpg

By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle â€“ 19 hours ago

Russia fans unfurl giant "This is Russia" banner...in Warsaw, Poland. (Getty)

Russia and Poland played out a 1-1 draw in perhaps the most feared match of Euro 2012 from a security standpoint. The two countries have a long history of military invasions and occupations and supporters from both sides seemed intent on continuing those hostile relations. Prior to the match (which happened to occur on Russia Day -- Russia's independence day), police fired rubber bullets and fans from both sides were involved in various fights around Warsaw, resulting over 180 arrests and 24 injuries.

From the AP:
There were a number of [...] incidents [...] which came as about 5,000 Russia fans waving their country's flag marched to the stadium in a show of patriotism seen as provocative to many Poles.

The march was considered a huge security challenge and police were bracing for possibly more trouble after the match.

The two countries share a difficult history, including decades of control by Moscow over Poland during the Cold War. Many Poles felt the Polish authorities should not have allowed the Russians to march as a group in Warsaw given the historical wounds.

Inside the stadium things were decidedly calmer, although Russian fans did still get their point across by unfurling a giant "This is Russia" banner before kickoff.

Video of the various skirmishes on the streets this way...

The guy filming the fight in the second video with his iPad was the best part.

UPDATE: UEFA has fined Russia €120,000 in addition to a six-point suspended deduction that will be applied to their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign for their fans' behavior. And this is the country that will host the 2018 World Cup, by the way.

http://sg.sports.yahoo.co...ries-220306635--sow.html

Youtube videos of fights embedded in link.

This whole thing baffles me... How the hell do you get a banner that looks to be about 200ft x 160ft into the building in the first place?

How you gonna insult the Polish like that on their home turf? Plus you know theres a bunch of Polish folk underneat dat big !!$ flag with the
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
face on.

I wish there was a vid of them rolling that thing out... Insane.  The Russians are about that life.

That's blatant disrespect, especially knowing how chill Polish people are even at a rowdy match.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

That's blatant disrespect, especially knowing how chill Polish people are even at a rowdy match.

laugh.gif
I mean you could catch a beat at a sporting event for just bringing in a cardboard box with some nonsense about the home team written on it.

This is on another level
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
These guys out here completely blanketing Sections A-G on 100, 200 and 300 level.

Polish response was warranted. Russians were looking for a confrontation when they walked around Warsaw like that. you don't walk into a host city on some #+##$%%! like that.

most Russians are douchebags anyway. generalization, yes but I've had only a few pleasant experiences with them.

well this is how it goes in east europe I guess. I dont care. I have seen polish fans beat black people and asians. Racist #%@$. They get what they deserve.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Polish response was warranted. Russians were looking for a confrontation when they walked around Warsaw like that. you don't walk into a host city on some #+##$%%! like that.

most Russians are douchebags anyway. generalization, yes but I've had only a few pleasant experiences with them.
i love when personal anecdotes are used as evidence for generalizations. 

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

But it's in english doe.
Probably because Russians and Poles speak different languages... English is generally international.  If it were in Russian than the Poles wouldn't have any clue what it said.

fraij da 5 11 wroted in link.

1. This whole thing baffles me... How the hell do you get a banner that looks to be about 200ft x 160ft into the building in the first place?

2. How you gonna insult the Polish like that on their home turf? Plus you know theres a bunch of Polish folk underneat dat big !!$ flag with the
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
face on.

1. "Tifos" are allowed I think in the Euro 2012 games. They're great! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tifo
2. That is the fan section for russian fans, not a single polish fan is not allowed in there because of riots etc..

This is all a part of the "Ultras" culture,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras

Russians are crazy fans with their violence, here is a clip from 2009 Finland vs Russia, it was sick.

(can't embed it?) 

I wouldn't take my black $!$ to any of these match right now, and definitely not in Ukraine.

The russians are crazy but still would of gone to the game if I could. I would go to any Euro game if it were possible

It was just Russian day and the only reason why the Russians were celebrating in Warsaw was because of that. The Poles were actually the ones to provoke the attack. Trust me, I watch BBC, DW, RT, and CNN everyday.

Back
Top Bottom