Notre Dame in flames!

So surreal. Just got home from Paris yesterday and was inside there on Thursday...
**** is crazy for real ...

Last year I delayed my flight to London. Just happen to be my activities got pushed back and one of those days prior a dude went crazy driving his car in the London bridge. You cant take life for granted man.

a fire that big i just dont see this building making it out alive

its sad man

Heart breaking.

My sister visited last week and buddy flew in this morning, both made me want to revisit Paris.

I'll have to look thru my files, but I think this is one of the last pictures I took.

Screenshot_20190415-143406_Instagram.jpg

News is saying it was a result of the ongoing construction to restore portions of the building...Started in the attic area apparently...

messed up :smh:

I was hoping to see Notre Dame with my own eyes one of these days :smh: :frown:

Any news on how the fire started ?

I was most likely caused by the renovations that they were doing to the building.

The issue with old historical buildings is that they sacrifice safety for the historical preservation.

The fire alarm system was most likely very limited compared to a typical commercial building/church. The fire suppression system was also non existent because who would want a sprinkler system in a historic cathedral. In general, it is very difficult to design fire protection/fire alarm for a church let alone a historic building.

I personally think they were drilling through a wall and some of the material within the wall was flammable to the heat of the drill. The other engineers at my job think that the electrical installation for the scaffolding at the renovation location was poorly installed thus causing the fire. We will see.

Horrible, glad I got a chance to see it in person 2 years ago.

The amount of bricks the owner of that contruction company is ****ting has to be immense. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom