Notre Dame @ North Carolina - Sat 3:30 ET ABC

HUGE GAME

this is the biggest and most important game in quite some time.
Everyone has ND billed for the loss in this game....which I don't necessarily buy at this point with the way Clausen is developing.
So, I'll be optimistic and say...It won't be easy...but I think Jimmy and the wideouts win this one in the 2nd half.

ND - 28
UNC - 27

It should be a good game. We haven't faced a passing attack like ND. We lead the nation in INT's, but at the same time we give up a lot of yardsthrough the air. We're gonna have to find a way to get pressure on Clausen. Our running game should continue to improve and our wide recievers will makeplays if our backup Sexton can make the throws. I see special teams going a long way in this game as well. I expect to win, mainly because it's home. Kenan will be crazy on Saturday.

Notre Dame head football coach Charlie Weis reopened the Irish place-kicking job Monday. Wednesday night, sophomore Brandon Walker closed it again.

For now.

Walker will retain his job for Saturdays matchup between the Irish (4-1) and 22nd-ranked North Carolina (4-1) at Chapel Hill, N.C., despite going 1-for-7 onfield goals this season and 7-of-19 for his ND career. The second kicking competition of the season between Walker and junior Ryan Burkhart was not close atall again. Walker resoundingly was the best kicker in practice.

If Walker CAN'T make a kick...I mean he literally is not capable of doing so...

what does it hurt to try Burkhart in a game? If he misses it's not any different than sending Walker out.

The thing that pisses me off is Walker looks SO soft mentally. I hardly ever criticize college athletes for my teams.. but I can't deal with this kid anylonger.

Wagering-wise, how can you not like the Irish getting 7.5 @ North Carolina. UNC needed 2 blocked punts and 3 INT to beat UCONN last week. If the Irish lose, itwont be by more than a TD.

Well my allegiance comes into question on this one, being a life-long fan of both teams. I will stick with the Irish though, based on family ties, despite my 6year old user name. I'm just pissed that I won't be able to watch the game because I'll be at Michigan State/Northwestern shooting highlights forthe t.v. station I work at. Go Irish!

We'll find out just how good this ND team is this Saturday...hope they can pull it out. Go Irish

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Wagering-wise, how can you not like the Irish getting 7.5 @ North Carolina. UNC needed 2 blocked punts and 3 INT to beat UCONN last week. If the Irish lose, it wont be by more than a TD.
Not road tested

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Wagering-wise, how can you not like the Irish getting 7.5 @ North Carolina. UNC needed 2 blocked punts and 3 INT to beat UCONN last week. If the Irish lose, it wont be by more than a TD.

IMO, i think its cant miss with UNC.

definitely a huge game for the Irish and i really hope they can pull it out.

but odds are definitely on UNC's side. they've shown their abilities this season.

"UNC needed 2 blocked punts and 3 INT to beat UCONN last week. "

they didnt need it, they just did it.

I have ND +8.5. like FLINT said, I can't pass on that.

Just don't see UNC winning by more than a TD.

UNC FTW!

Does anybody know when TJ comes back?

And Ryan Huston starting to get some short yardage looks
pimp.gif

GO IRISH!

Offense looking really good right now. The run game is working some, because teams are forced to watch Clausen, Tate, and Floyd in the passing game.

Big loss for UNC with that injury to Brandon Tate.

Back
Top Bottom