Now that he's won a ring, did Lebron make the right choice in leaving the Cavs for MIA?

That LeBron PS is so disturbing.
laugh.gif

alien.gif

Didn't read through the thread but heres my opinion. Lebron should have stayed in Cleveland. He got to the finals twice with that team. You guys are telling me that if he played like he did in those finals like he did in this years finals that he wouldnt have brought the chip to Cleveland? I think you all are sicing how bad the cavs were. I strongly believe he could have won. Like everyone has said, Wade and Bosh did not do anything in the playoffs. If anything they probably hurt the Heat more than help. Their role players stepped up in the Finals. Lebron should have been more patient. At the end of the day he will always be blown that he did not win a championship for his home state. 
Anyways about to hit up South beach. Its waay too nice out. Obv for you all saying playing in Miami is better than Cleveland, duh. Still do not think he should have left because of that, though.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It was well chronicled he tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland and Bosh didn't want to go. In fact, nobody did. The only FA who said they would was Ariza, but Ariza's FA year was one yr prior to Summer of LeBron, so it wouldn't have made sense for him to do it then, not knowing if LeBron would stay more than a yr. Amare when asked, said he would consider it, yet he was actually the first person to sign his deal that offseason so seems doubtful. Plus you can tell he loves NY despite the losing.
Amare said had the Cavs traded for him, if Bron wanted to stay then he would of stayed as well.

I don't know how hard Bosh was courted but if you ask me, the plan was MIA since they had the cap room for all 3.
Cavs wouldn't trade for Amare because they valued JJ Hickson too much. 

laugh.gif
@ Lebron should have been more patient.  Dude was there for 7 years.  He put in his time and moved on.  Compare it to the job you're currently in.  If you reach the ceiling at your current employer, wouldn't you look for other opportunities elsewhere to work? 

Originally Posted by KMante

RKO2004 wrote:
He did what he wanted as a free agent. He chose this path, it is what it is. 

He and the Heat got their chip. He didn't want to be "The man". Takes a different kind of guy to do that. He's not "that" guy. 

Me personally, I would of loved to see him stay and get a chip in Cleveland. Would of been much more rewarding.

I gave him his credit. I watched every game he played in the playoffs. He played how he should have always played. Like the best in the league.

Being the man in Cleveland is different from being the man in MIA.

Can't tell me any different.

So if Dwight forces a trade to Miami it's all good and just smart. Then Durant forces his way there the next year because he cant win. That's okay too? It is all about winning after all.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

It was well chronicled he tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland and Bosh didn't want to go. In fact, nobody did. The only FA who said they would was Ariza, but Ariza's FA year was one yr prior to Summer of LeBron, so it wouldn't have made sense for him to do it then, not knowing if LeBron would stay more than a yr. Amare when asked, said he would consider it, yet he was actually the first person to sign his deal that offseason so seems doubtful. Plus you can tell he loves NY despite the losing.
Amare said had the Cavs traded for him, if Bron wanted to stay then he would of stayed as well.

I don't know how hard Bosh was courted but if you ask me, the plan was MIA since they had the cap room for all 3.
Cavs wouldn't trade for Amare because they valued JJ Hickson too much. 

laugh.gif
@ Lebron should have been more patient.  Dude was there for 7 years.  He put in his time and moved on.  Compare it to the job you're currently in.  If you reach the ceiling at your current employer, wouldn't you look for other opportunities elsewhere to work? 

Weren't there questions about Amare's knee at the time as well?

I get your analogy but the NBA is a different animal. It's a job where an individual can just go out there and pretty much take over. He didn't always do that.

You dudes are acting like he had NO help. They were 6 wins from tying the Bulls 72-10 record in 08-09. How bad was his supporting cast again?

Never mind. We'll just appreciate LBJ in the NOW.

I like Lebron too guys, but I'm not going to ignore key events that happened over the years either.

Also I'm not dismissing the Cavs front office whatsoever. But if I'm Lebron, I go into the front office and DEMAND player A or B. Why he didn't do that. I don't know. Oh wait, maybe he did.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
He actually did, and they gave him Antawn Jamison and Shaq out of his prime.
Originally Posted by MaxElite

Cleveland was never going to win one (let alone multiple) title with the direction that franchise was going. 

The guy wrote his own destiny instead of waiting around for other people to do it for him. 

People need to get over it. 
Exactly. I applaud both him and Bosh choosing their own destiny instead of being the usual pawns like a lot of athletes end up being. Was "The Decision" overboard?

Yep. Should "The Decision" be irrelevant at this point? yep. 

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Never mind. We'll just appreciate LBJ in the NOW.

I like Lebron too guys, but I'm not going to ignore key events that happened over the years either.

Also I'm not dismissing the Cavs front office whatsoever. But if I'm Lebron, I go into the front office and DEMAND player A or B. Why he didn't do that. I don't know. Oh wait, maybe he did.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
He actually did, and they gave him Antawn Jamison and Shaq out of his prime.
Now are we sure he didn't want Ant? I wish someone on the inside would come out and say who wanted who and how the moves came about.

Peep. I'll break you.

He made the right decision in leaving Cle. Now was it the right decision to join Mia? I'm not so sure about that, he could have joined multiple teams and have had a ring by now, maybe even 2, I remember at one point there was like a 10% chance of him going to the mavs, and well we saw what happened. IMO he should have hit them with the Dwight move and say to the front office that he is leaving so they can start rebuilding now. Or he should have faked an injury for a year and got kyrie with the first pick
pimp.gif

If he wants to win that way, then fine. Me personally, I wouldn't want to join forces with another superstar/ all star, it hurts the competitive aspect of the game if you ask me. Just like MJ said "i would have never joined with Larry and Magic because those were the guys I was trying to beat.

All these years I been walking around thinking he went to the finals once w/ the Cavs and today I find out he went twice. Go figure. And that he is the same player he was then as he is now.Learn something new every day

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

If he wants to win that way, then fine. Me personally, I wouldn't want to join forces with another superstar/ all star, it hurts the competitive aspect of the game if you ask me. Just like MJ said "i would have never joined with Larry and Magic because those were the guys I was trying to beat.

Bosh was never on that level anyways though in Toronto. People just pretend like he was so they can make that whole "3 superstars" complaint/argument.

And MJ wouldn't have had to becuase he already had Pippen (who came in 2nd in MVP voting the yr Mike played baseball and averaged 33ppg in a sweep of the Cavs), Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, MUCH more capable role players. LeBron took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, and Sasha Pavlovic to the finals.

He got his Ring. So it wasnt the wrong decision. But would it have meant more had he brought Cleveland to the promise land? Yes. That chip would have meant 1000 times more to him and his legacy than this one did.

But he earned this ring. He played great during the playoffs and despite a few hiccups here and there he carried the Heat to that ring.

Originally Posted by dreClark

All these years I been walking around thinking he went to the finals once w/ the Cavs and today I find out he went twice. Go figure. And that he is the same player he was then as he is now.Learn something new every
sarcasm??

All these years I been walking around thinking he went to the finals once w/ the Cavs and today I find out he went twice. Go figure. And that he is the same player he was then as he is now.Learn something new every day

he is not the same player
he doesnt joke around, dance on the court, fake picture taking celebrations

dude was 100 percent business in the playoffs this year. we have never seen that from him. Plus he was driving in on every single play which is what he was always supposed to do but didnt.

congrats lebron you only need another finals MVP winner to win your first ring
i mean 3 allstars on the same team 2 of which are starters and the other one has been a starter....you have to win or be known as a bunch of chokes

Isn't retiring to play another sport and leaving your team worse than leaving a team as a free agent? It's unreal how much stuff everyone, myself included, overlooks when it comes to MJ.
Imagine LeBron retiring in a few years. Or Kobe retiring a few years back. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Air273

congrats lebron you only need another finals MVP winner to win your first ring
i mean 3 allstars on the same team 2 of which are starters and the other one has been a starter....you have to win or be known as a bunch of chokes

Dude had one of the single best playoff performances ever and this is how they wanna slight him now?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

All these years I been walking around thinking he went to the finals once w/ the Cavs and today I find out he went twice. Go figure. And that he is the same player he was then as he is now.Learn something new every
sarcasm??

Heavy sarcasm soaked the whole post

I think he would have won at least one regardless.  Maybe this championship was 2 years ahead of schedule though (Drose injury
nerd.gif
).

Bosh was never on that level anyways though in Toronto. People just pretend like he was so they can make that whole "3 superstars" complaint/argument.

And MJ wouldn't have had to becuase he already had Pippen (who came in 2nd in MVP voting the yr Mike played baseball and averaged 33ppg in a sweep of the Cavs), Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, MUCH more capable role players. LeBron took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, and Sasha Pavlovic to the finals.

I'm saying though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

How is this debatable?
laugh.gif

Yes.

x infinity

7 years w/ CLE, his legacy was 'one of the most gifted talents the league has ever seen, but still in the company of all the other championshipless talents; sure, he's better than most of them, hell, all of them, but that's the table he sits at'

2 years w/ MIA, and his legacy... if it stopped RIGHT NOW... is one word: 'champion'.THAT'S the table he sits at now. You could add more words to narrow down the company he keeps; 'champion... Finals MVP... scoring champion... #1 pick... triple-double in the Finals', etc..., but that first word 'champion' absolutely makes t so that he made the right decision. He is NOT a champion right now if he stayed w/ the Cavs. No way, no how, wasn't happening.
 The Decision was
roll.gif
sick.gif
 Although he donated profits to charity, he looked like a buffoon for pulling a stunt like that. Bron ruined his legacy by joining a mega team.   Players can't do it on their own but Bosh and Wade are more than enough help to win; he needed all that help even though he's toted as being the best in the world
laugh.gif
  If he stayed in Cleveland, he wouldn't be able to win right away, but with his level of talent/influence, he should have gotten on the Cav's management and Gilbert, demanding that they bring in new talent for their team, which never happend. You can't lie about how incredible it would've been for him to win a championship for Cleveland
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 .  If he did that, then I would automatically put him in the conversation with Jordan and Kobe.  I respect him for winning and believe you can say he's the best in the NBA now but his legacy remains tarnished.  

Back
Top Bottom