Now that he's won a ring, did Lebron make the right choice in leaving the Cavs for MIA?

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I can just hear the slurping before I even clicked the thread
sick.gif

probably Yuku going into a time warp again and displaying your own posts pre 2010
Well damn 

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by srvballer

How is anyone going to say the Cavs had a good enough team around him. Did you see how god awful they became after he left those bums?

With Peyton Manning the Colts were a lock for the playoffs EVERY season. Look what happen when he got hurt.
If Lebron won the title with the Cavs he would've been the first player you could truly say won a title by himself.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The Cavs were good for the regular season. Lebron + others will beat most teams on a random Tuesday night during the regular season.

When you need to count on Jamison or Mo Williams come playoff time... that's where the trouble was.

This. I mean he got a ring, right?
ohwell.gif

I still feel like he should have went to NY and had Linsanity x10.

I Like how everyone acts as if D Rose would have stopped Lebron and the Heat! LMAOOOOO YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

How is anyone going to say the Cavs had a good enough team around him. Did you see how god awful they became after he left those bums?

With Peyton Manning the Colts were a lock for the playoffs EVERY season. Look what happen when he got hurt.
If Lebron won the title with the Cavs he would've been the first player you could truly say won a title by himself.

There is this German guy that plays in Dallas...........

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

How is this debatable?
laugh.gif

Yes.

x infinity

7 years w/ CLE, his legacy was 'one of the most gifted talents the league has ever seen, but still in the company of all the other championshipless talents; sure, he's better than most of them, hell, all of them, but that's the table he sits at'

2 years w/ MIA, and his legacy... if it stopped RIGHT NOW... is one word: 'champion'.THAT'S the table he sits at now. You could add more words to narrow down the company he keeps; 'champion... Finals MVP... scoring champion... #1 pick... triple-double in the Finals', etc..., but that first word 'champion' absolutely makes t so that he made the right decision. He is NOT a champion right now if he stayed w/ the Cavs. No way, no how, wasn't happening.
 The Decision was
roll.gif
sick.gif
 Although he donated profits to charity, he looked like a buffoon for pulling a stunt like that. Bron ruined his legacy by joining a mega team.   Players can't do it on their own but Bosh and Wade are more than enough help to win; he needed all that help even though he's toted as being the best in the world
laugh.gif
  If he stayed in Cleveland, he wouldn't be able to win right away, but with his level of talent/influence, he should have gotten on the Cav's management and Gilbert, demanding that they bring in new talent for their team, which never happend. You can't lie about how incredible it would've been for him to win a championship for Cleveland
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 .  If he did that, then I would automatically put him in the conversation with Jordan and Kobe.  I respect him for winning and believe you can say he's the best in the NBA now but his legacy remains tarnished.  
Is MJ's legacy tarnished at all for retiring to play (and suck) at minor league baseball?
Like I said earlier....retiring early on your team, fans, etc. is worse to me, than going in front of the cameras and saying you're exercising your right as a free agent to go to a better team.
MJ's early retirement doesn't speak at all to his basketball skill and overall success.  It's not like he went to baseball because he wasn't winning in basketball.  It's was a bad career look for MJ but his career will alway be superior to Bron's legacy.  

Your proving his point, Peyton Manning covered for an poor offensive line, poor defense, and besides Reggie Wayne mediocre weapons, just how LeBron covered for a lot of the Cavs deficiencies  

Haven't read through the thread but here's my two cents:

I hate lebron with all my heart and soul, but I don't blame him one bit for leaving Cleveland. They had 7 years to surround him with elite talent and failed miserably.

Having said that, I blame him for the way in which he left Cleveland. The Decision was a classless, immature, arrogant, scumbag move.

Did he cop out and take the easy road, pairing up with Wade and Bosh? In my estimation, yes. But, he had every right to want to get the hell out of Cleveland.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Negative.

and those Cavs team were terrible which was proved when LeBron, in a 5 man starting lineup no team should flutter the way that team did. When Jordan was suspended retired didn't the Bulls when 55 games that season? And isn't he the greatest man to ever play the sport? 

^Ditto. There was nothing garbage at all about that Dallas team that won the Finals. Dirk stepped it up, and nearly every single person after him
stepped it up. Kidd, Marion, Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry, Barea, Stevenson (who I &@^#*$+ hate)...even Brian Cardinal and Mahimi did key things
in those last two games. So no, Dirk didn't win the title by himself.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

I hate lebron with all my heart and soul, but I don't blame him one bit for leaving Cleveland. They had 7 years to surround him with elite talent and failed miserably.

Having said that, I blame him for the way in which he left Cleveland. The Decision was a classless, immature, arrogant, scumbag move.

Did he cop out and take the easy road, pairing up with Wade and Bosh? In my estimation, yes. But, he had every right to want to get the hell out of Cleveland.
So with that logic you would send your kid to a failing public school instead of sending him/her to a public or private school which features a more conducive learning enviornment just to "validate" his or her diploma? That don't make no damn sense. This is coming from a dude that went to public school k-12 and attended community college, if I'm fortunate enough to have kids I'm giving them the best educational opportunities possible. But I guess I'm taking the "easy" route.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

So with that logic you would send your kid to a failing public school instead of sending him/her to a public or private school which features a more conducive learning enviornment just to "validate" his or her diploma? That don't make no damn sense. This is coming from a dude that went to public school k-12 and attended community college, if I'm fortunate enough to have kids I'm giving them the best educational opportunities possible. But I guess I'm taking the "easy" route.
Who compares their child attending a specific school to an athlete picking a team in a professional sport????

that's an absolutely ******ed analogy.

but if you want to play, the person who comes from poverty, goes to terrible schools, gets good grades and achieves success is going to be looked at differently than someone who was spoon fed and went to private school their whole life.

but once again. comparing putting your kid through school to lebron hand picking star teammates to win is just a terrible comparison.

according to your logic every star player should just join one mega team. I mean it's all about the end game. a championship is a championship and you would have to be stupid to not put yourself in the best position possible right?

Originally Posted by DubA169

that's an absolutely ******ed analogy.

but if you want to play, the person who comes from poverty, goes to terrible schools, gets good grades and achieves success is going to be looked at differently than someone who was spoon fed and went to private school their whole life.

but once again. comparing putting your kid through school to lebron hand picking star teammates to win is just a terrible comparison.

according to your logic every star player should just join one mega team. I mean it's all about the end game. a championship is a championship and you would have to be stupid to not put yourself in the best position possible right?
what's ******ed about the analogy? Cleveland is the mismanaged school void of any real measurement of success. Miami is the school down the road with competent faculty members, a talented student base with high expectations and a proven track record of success. If you were trying to get into college, which one would you choose? Would it have been impossible for LBJ to win in Cle? No. Was it likely? No.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Negative.

and those Cavs team were terrible which was proved when LeBron, in a 5 man starting lineup no team should flutter the way that team did. When Jordan was suspended retired didn't the Bulls when 55 games that season? And isn't he the greatest man to ever play the sport? 

Have you seen the Mavericks record when Dirk hasn't played?

Sorry, but how can a guy that doesnt play D win a title by himself?  Mavs D was very impressive their championship run, was pretty good last season too.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Negative.

Bingo!
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure he would've won one in CLE & that would have meant a whole lot more than a title in MIA. He took the easy way out.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

I'm pretty sure he would've won one in CLE & that would have meant a whole lot more than a title in MIA. He took the easy way out.
Or maybe the ONLY way out.

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Sorry, but how can a guy that doesnt play D win a title by himself?  Mavs D was very impressive their championship run, was pretty good last season too.
If he was on the team and he doesn't play D how the hell was their defense still good. Especially after Tyson left.

What you typed doesn't make sense.

Your saying Dirk was the first player to win a title by himself?  I'm saying the Mavs ability to play D and get stops had something to do with them winning the championship.  Im sure you follow the Mavs closer than me, what do you think.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Highly questionable analogy.  A more accurate comparison would be if Miami were a school where they just handed you a diploma without having to attend class or earn the necessary grades.

The fact that Dirk shot something like 2-13 from the field in game 6 of the finals in the first half yet the Mavs were still up by 8-9 points shows just how much he won it all by himself.

Jason Terry was amazing that series. At times it seemed like he could not miss a shot. He averaged only 8 points less than Dirk in much less playing time and on a much higher FG% than Dirk. 8 points isn't even that much if you consider that Shaq averaged more than 8 than Kobe in every one of the Lakers 3-peat finals and Jordan averaged at least 10 more than Pippen in all 6 finals. I wish Mo Williams played even close to Terry in that 09 series against Magic. Marion was phenomenal defensively and solid offensively. Chandler and Kidd also contributed greatly.

In NBA history there are really no examples of a player leading a team to a championship by himself. You can always find examples of guys stepping up in games. But if you want to stretch the criteria and say that there was such a thing, then 2011 Dirk and the Mavericks are certainly not the best example of this. 1994 Hakeem is the closest to this.

Even Hakeem had guys like Cassell, Maxwell, Horry & Thorpe step up in that postseason, nobody wins a title by themselves.

Maybe LeBron had more star power than a lot of us are used to seeing but he won the title so I can't really see how it wasn't a good decision to leave Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom