Now that's Brisk, Baby.

One of the fathers on my son's soccer team is a commodities trader for an energy company. He relies heavily on a staff of meteorologists & even sub contracted meteorologists so that he can buy & sell the right amount of energy needed for his company. He told me this trend will continue through February (speaking for the DMV "urea"). :rolleyes

I just don't understand why it even has to get this cold. :rolleyes :smh: The school system closed down all schools today...

Last edited:
Fairfax County schools are closed.

I've put on lotion on my hands like 3 times already. They keep turning into charcoal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/girl-tongue-stuck-flag-pole-licking-article-1.1567402

New Hampshire girl, 12, gets tongue stuck to flag pole after licking it during blizzard
Maddie Gilmartin, 12, touched the frozen flag pole with her tongue — and ended up stuck for more than 15 minutes while her parents desperately tried to help her.
By Lee Moran / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

View media item 731859
A New Hampshire girl got stuck to a flag pole after licking it during a blizzard.

Maddie Gilmartin was left tongue tied for more than 15 minutes after performing the crazy stunt outside her East Kingston home Thursday.

View media item 731860
The 12-year-old said she spontaneously decided to "see what would happen."

But she was left in agony after her tongue froze to the metal.

View media item 731861
"I see her standing at the flag pole, her arms are waving. I'm not sure what's going on until I got closer," her dad Shawn Gilmartin told WMUR. "She tried to pull her tongue off of it as soon as it happened, and that's what made it bleed," he said, adding: "I had my hands cupped. I was blowing, breathing on her lips and tongue."

Shawn and his wife frantically tried to free their young daughter using warm water — paramedics later arrived and released her.

Gilmartin is expected to make a full recovery, but doctors have warned that it may take six months for the swelling to go down.

i washed my hands  then went outside to go check on the neighbors but my hands werent dry all the way and my fingers got momentarily stuck to the door handle

I've put on lotion on my hands like 3 times already. They keep turning into charcoal.

Lotion ain't doing ****...hands look like I was boxing a bag of flour about 3 minutes after I put it on. I should have brought my cocoa butter to work... SMH

Lotion ain't doing ****...hands look like I was boxing a bag of flour about 3 minutes after I put it on. I should have brought my cocoa butter to work... SMH
Mane the only thing work for me in this type of cold is Vaseline...have my hands shiny n greasy like **** :lol:

normally i just come to work in a hoodie but the big polo jacket got taking out the closet this morning.

dang feel bad for you 1 degree weather guys, im over here in GA suffering in 10 degrees :smh: can't imagine how it is at other places.

Wearing my NikePro Combat tights and long sleeves under my suit today. I was okay this morning.

My face was still cold though.

Only part of me that was cold this morning were my fingers. Lost feeling in my finger tips for a few minutes. Had to walk outside and the wind was painful. My face felt covered in ice.

Back
Top Bottom