NPR Planet Money Podcast APPRECIATION

#TeamEcon check in!

It was recommended to me about 6 years ago now and all I can say is I wish I learned half of this stuff while I was in college. From the episodes on Mortgage Backed Securities during the economic meltdown, to the series on where T-Shirts come from, to their current series on Short Selling.

I gotta say... The last episode on Amazon's mechanical Turks was fascinating! I always thought that algorithms were responsible for recommending similar items to what you've viewed/purchased. I had NO idea they actually had people doing it.

Who else listens?

I find Zoe Chace's accent wildly arousing. :wow:

The episode about Chinese farmers secretly embracing capitalism under peril of death is one of the best. The Bretton Woods ep is good too. Eat **** Keynes!

Radical Personal Finance is another good finance podcast.

Freakanomics is way too overproduced for my taste.

Last edited:
Wouldn't have expected this thread but I support this podcast 100%. Just got in to it over the holidays as I was looking for new podcasts to listen to. I just listened to the mechanical turks episode this morning.

Love it. :smokin

I use the podcast app on my iphone, is there any way to go back more than 10 episodes?

I use the podcast app on my iphone, is there any way to go back more than 10 episodes?
Not sure about the modern system, but when I was using iTunes about 5 years ago, they had episodes going all the way back that you could download manually. No idea how it works now though.

how do i listen to podcasts?
I like using Stitcher too. Since the episodes are streamed (you can choose to download them to your phone too), they don't take up any space. I like the fact that it's compatible with the earphone controls too, so you don't have to look at your phone to turn the volume up or down, or switch to the next episode.

Last edited:
I find Zoe Chace's accent wildly arousing. :wow:

The episode about Chinese farmers secretly embracing capitalism under peril of death is one of the best. The Bretton Woods ep is good too. Eat **** Keynes!

Radical Personal Finance is another good finance podcast.

Freakanomics is way too overproduced for my taste.

The music they play in the background is so damb annoying.

Who knew the minimum wage used to be unconstitutional?!

FDR really did radically change the way our country operates!

Back
Top Bottom