NT: A new buyer with no feedback won my auction. What to do ?

I don't wanna take the risk. This dude made his account 2days ago and won my $300+ auction. Do I have the right to refuse the transaction ?

I'm an idiot for forgetting to state no 0 feedback buyers. :smh:

What can I do ?

How are new buyers supposed to build a good feedback rating if no one will accept their business?

Send the buyer a PM ask a few questions

if your still not comfortable with doing the deal then you could go the cancel deal route IMO

Honestly, even if you put "no zero feedback bidders" in your auction, you have no recourse if they win your auction.  That isn't an eBay policy, so they wouldn't back you if you used that as an excuse to cancel the transaction.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago.  Sold an iPhone 5 to a dude who had no feedback AND signed up the same day.  At first I was shook, but he paid immediately and had a confirmed address, meaning I was covered by Paypal (supposedly).  All I did was wait until the $$ hit my bank account and then shipped it out with signature confirmation and insurance.  So far there have been no issues.

Just be smart.  Only ship to the Paypal confirmed address, use a service that offers signature confirmation/online tracking and add insurance.  That should cover any situation that comes up.  

contact him before shipping.  if you don't hear anything from him and the address isn't verified/confirmed then refund him.

i'd be more open to risking it if it were on a smaller purchase but on $300 i'd be skeptical of a 0 feedback bidder who just made his ebay a few days ago.

has he paid yet? at this point, i would at least give him a chance to pay in the stipulated time frame.

Give him the benefit of the doubt. I had a guy win my auction, albeit it was for $900+ for the DMPs and he had zero feedback but after he sent that payment and the shoes were shipped he left me positive feedback ASAP.

Like PLVN said, they gotta start somewhere.

Once you get paid.
Send package to confirmed address with tracking and signature confirmation. (USPS 2 day priority packages comes with a $50 insurance & it's only a couple extra dollars then parcel)
Pretty simple.

USPS Priority Mail (So funds are released faster)
Paypal Confirmed address
Signature confirmation
Online tracking
Insurance

I only add insurance if it's a someone that has less than 50 feedback!

Last edited:
do some investigating. search his bidding history on ebay. chances are that user won a few auctions of the same item and doesnt plan to pay. relist the item after in a day or two. if the person doesnt pay you already have a new auction going. you can cancel a auction if there is more than 12hrs left on it. i usually try to act fast and cancel 0 feedback bidders if they are winning multiple auctions for the same shoe.

You can issue a refund if you don't want to deal with this buyer.

If the buyer is confirmed on PayPal and you are eligible for Seller Protection. I would be fine with it. Make sure to use Signature confirmation to keep the Seller Protection.

you can always get chargebacked, even if the address is verified. to be honest, in my case I'd probably cancel the transaction, $300 is a hefty amount

Back
Top Bottom