NT, Am I The Only One Who Finds The New TV Show "Black-ish' Kinda Offensive?

is this offensive?

• yes, it is offensive, its sad that ABC gave this a greenlight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, its not offensive (my name is Thomas and my brother has kids)

• i'm not black, so it didn't offend me, but i understand why people would be offended

• Total voters

:smh: :stoneface: :smh:

I think whole concept is offensive. You're going to define behavior/character traits based on skin color? Did anyone laugh at the trailer? How is this on ABC? I predict it will be canceled before the end of the first season. At least change the name of the show.
- From A Youtube User

Are you offended by the show's content or just the title?  Is this a 'why isn't there a WHITE Entertainment Television channel hm?!' thread?

Are you offended by the show's content or just the title?  Is this a 'why isn't there a WHITE Entertainment Television channel hm?!' thread?

i'm offended by the content in the trailer, very stereotypical and making it seem like every successful black family loses their "blackness" when they achieve success

and this isn't a "why isn't there a WHITE Entertainment Television channel" thread, there's plenty of those kind of channels already

After watching the trailer I find it offensive-ish.

It seems like they're trying to spin this show to be promoting black culture and not being ashamed of who you are and where you come from. I'm guessing thats how they got the prominent black cast to sign on.

BUT... at the same time blacks have been trying to avoid the stigma of their skin color for decades. Now that hip hop culture is so prevalent, black people are starting to blend in better and better with white america. It's almost like this show sends a message of "Hey you blacks! Act like you're supposed to. You cant be one of us"

The show is gonna be just another run of the mill corny black sitcom. I doubt it'll last a full season.

Shows like this ain even for black people. They're for everyone else.

Last edited:
I saw a commercial for this show and damn near threw my TV out the window.

ABC would have done better to spend all that money buying the rights to play Chappelle's Show reruns. As least then they'd have a comedy show that pokes fun at racial inequality while also bring up real issues.

I refuse to even watch the show. Black-Ish? The One-Drop rule? My head wants to explode.

Its gonna be like every other black sitcom on TV, founded and driven off of stereotypes. The title is whats causing this feigned outrage. Martin, Jamie Foxx, everything Tyler Perry does, etc etc stayed and stays around with little to no outcry.

Its gonna be like every other black sitcom on TV, founded and driven off of stereotypes. The title is whats causing this feigned outrage. Martin, Jamie Foxx, everything Tyler Perry does, etc etc stayed and stays around with little to no outcry.
your avy is the opposite of antidope

As for the show, it seems to approach the issue of race head on and does perpetuate stereotypes.

Last edited:
I haven't watched a single hour of TV in 4 years but this show looks promising. The cast is amazing. The LAST sitcom I actually watched was in the 90's when I was a kid. I'm almost 25...

I'd definitely watch. The sitcom Beverly Hillbillies was named after an offensive slang term for poor country white folk... So what?

I'm tired of black people keeping THEMSELVES down by stupidly accepting labels the so called find offensive because society says they are.

With that said I can't wait to tune in.... And that says a lot coming from me.

If they called it The Modern Family, fools gone cry about it not being black enough. We're defeating ourselves by doing **** like this....

That DAY when black people get pass the past and realize that we've been segregating ourselves OH MY what a glorious day it will be...

WOAHHHHH another race thread on NT. Must be that time of the month again. Anyone offended by a f'in sitcom is soft as terry cloth. Probably get offended if your momma look at you wrong.

WOAHHHHH another race thread on NT. Must be that time of the month again. Anyone offended by a f'in sitcom is soft as terry cloth. Probably get offended if your momma look at you wrong.

this isn't a race thread, it's a thread about a trailer for a new sitcom

Wat u think bout dis op
DAWG

mean.gif

but I chuckled

It's really sad . The cast is too good for the show to look so stupid

Looks can be deceiving you watched a 2min clip and judging countless hours of hard work.

If Everybody Hates Chris can be given a chance an succeed I'm sure this has a chance. By all means it's got Laurence Fishburne who's been acting since he was a kid and now in his 60's you gotta appreciate none the less.

Let's embrace the show for what it is. I'm sure lessons can be taught out of it.

The thing is...... When you see our kind you automatically think aww **** another N creation.

You have to look at the bigger picture. These are people who have lives and dignity within themselves. They wouldn't go out to make a fool of themselves and be less of what they are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom