NT, any of you guys ever transfer colleges?

Title pretty much says it all.  I'm leaving Seton Hall for several reasons, some academic and some social.  All in all it just wasn't the place for me.  
I applied to NYU, Fordham, and The New School.  I heard from The New School this morning, I got accepted
pimp.gif
- should hear from the other two next week.

I'm going on a tour of the school tomorrow.  So, to anyone that has transferred, what's it like? I'm a very sociable/friendly person so the social aspect isn't an issue.  But as far as everything else... what to expect?

Discuss. 

Title pretty much says it all.  I'm leaving Seton Hall for several reasons, some academic and some social.  All in all it just wasn't the place for me.  
I applied to NYU, Fordham, and The New School.  I heard from The New School this morning, I got accepted
pimp.gif
- should hear from the other two next week.

I'm going on a tour of the school tomorrow.  So, to anyone that has transferred, what's it like? I'm a very sociable/friendly person so the social aspect isn't an issue.  But as far as everything else... what to expect?

Discuss. 

Yessir.

Started at the U of Akron and went there for 3 semesters. Transferred to tOSU and have been here since January. i'm currently in my 2nd quarter here.

It's been amazing. Wish I went here right out of HS. I know some dudes from HS that go here as well. Made everything easier.

Yessir.

Started at the U of Akron and went there for 3 semesters. Transferred to tOSU and have been here since January. i'm currently in my 2nd quarter here.

It's been amazing. Wish I went here right out of HS. I know some dudes from HS that go here as well. Made everything easier.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Yessir.

Started at Toledo, now in my last quarter at tOSU 
pimp.gif

Good to see another Buckeye on here.

Yessir.

Started at Toledo, now in my last quarter at tOSU 
pimp.gif

Good to see another Buckeye on here.

I actually saw a dude on NT during one of my classes last week.

Are you in Earth Science 100 by any chance?

Thought i was the only ohioian on NT, but was toledo a horrible school thinking about going there next fall?

Thought i was the only ohioian on NT, but was toledo a horrible school thinking about going there next fall?

Word. I don't know anyone that goes to any of the schools. But I know a fair amount of people that live in the city

Word. I don't know anyone that goes to any of the schools. But I know a fair amount of people that live in the city

I went from a local community college to the U of I, of course it was a huge difference from being at a school with around 2-3k to 40k+

I went from a local community college to the U of I, of course it was a huge difference from being at a school with around 2-3k to 40k+

Originally Posted by retro330

It was a really easy school IMO. I didn't have to work hard at all to get good grades there. I am originally from NW Ohio, so I was just tired of the scene and wanted to be somewhere bigger.
The city is getting better than it was 5 years ago. A lot of new businesses popping up and the class of people is getting better also.

Originally Posted by retro330

It was a really easy school IMO. I didn't have to work hard at all to get good grades there. I am originally from NW Ohio, so I was just tired of the scene and wanted to be somewhere bigger.
The city is getting better than it was 5 years ago. A lot of new businesses popping up and the class of people is getting better also.

Nah, all done with my GEC classes. Have a kinesiology class this quarter and I'll be finished, graduating in the School of Education with a Sport & Leisure Studies degree.

Nah, all done with my GEC classes. Have a kinesiology class this quarter and I'll be finished, graduating in the School of Education with a Sport & Leisure Studies degree.

I went to junior college for +2 years back in the '90s. I should have applied myself in my studies and transferred to a 'larger' university. I ended up going to DeVry for 2 more years. Good experience all in all.

I went to junior college for +2 years back in the '90s. I should have applied myself in my studies and transferred to a 'larger' university. I ended up going to DeVry for 2 more years. Good experience all in all.

transferred from Lehigh University to Johns Hopkins... just graduated.. it was fine, but I knew people before i got there

Back
Top Bottom