NT: Anybody ever have a huge hospital bill?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Man, you have NO idea....

Even if you come to the hospital I'm at & sign your name, and if you leave, we STILL charge you $225....

If you have a high deductible, it's worthless since all deductibles are good for 1 year...I talk to a LOT of people who have $4K-$6K deductibles, and of course...you have to pay that amount before insurance will cover ANYTHING.

I talk to a lot of people who only have SSI, disability, etc., and due to their pride, they dont want financial assistance...they look at it as a "handout", but literally cry over the phone cause they've got $5K in medical debt....and climbing. Hell, I talked to a lady once for 20 mins.to convince her to have a procedure done for her breast cancer...she was in the hole from the other procedures, and couldn't afford to have the next one, although it was needed...

Truly sad stuff what I come across...
Uhhh.... well, damn.
nerd.gif

what does that mean?

What...a deductible?

If so, basically...your deductible is what you pay out of pocket before insurance covers anything. You can get one as low as $200, or as high as $8,000....literally. If you go to the hospital, and your bill is $5,000....if you have a $5K deductible, they (insurance) won't pay anything. The entire amount is yours. If you should happen to come back to the hospital and have a $3,000 bill, if you DO NOT have coinsurance, they'll pay the amount. However, a deductible is per year...it doesn't keep going on and on like car insurance. If you dont meet your deductible in 12 months, you paid all that money for nothing.

Coinsurance is not a secondary policy....coinsurance is where even after a deductible, you're responsible for a portion of the bill. Unlike a deductible, you do not have to have coinsurance. Most coinsurance percentages are 90/10 and most commonly, an 80/20

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Man, you have NO idea....

Even if you come to the hospital I'm at & sign your name, and if you leave, we STILL charge you $225....

If you have a high deductible, it's worthless since all deductibles are good for 1 year...I talk to a LOT of people who have $4K-$6K deductibles, and of course...you have to pay that amount before insurance will cover ANYTHING.

I talk to a lot of people who only have SSI, disability, etc., and due to their pride, they dont want financial assistance...they look at it as a "handout", but literally cry over the phone cause they've got $5K in medical debt....and climbing. Hell, I talked to a lady once for 20 mins.to convince her to have a procedure done for her breast cancer...she was in the hole from the other procedures, and couldn't afford to have the next one, although it was needed...

Truly sad stuff what I come across...
Uhhh.... well, damn.
nerd.gif

what does that mean?

What...a deductible?

If so, basically...your deductible is what you pay out of pocket before insurance covers anything. You can get one as low as $200, or as high as $8,000....literally. If you go to the hospital, and your bill is $5,000....if you have a $5K deductible, they (insurance) won't pay anything. The entire amount is yours. If you should happen to come back to the hospital and have a $3,000 bill, if you DO NOT have coinsurance, they'll pay the amount. However, a deductible is per year...it doesn't keep going on and on like car insurance. If you dont meet your deductible in 12 months, you paid all that money for nothing.

Coinsurance is not a secondary policy....coinsurance is where even after a deductible, you're responsible for a portion of the bill. Unlike a deductible, you do not have to have coinsurance. Most coinsurance percentages are 90/10 and most commonly, an 80/20

^^^Wait long enough, and depending on the hospital, some will offer it to you. Just make sure you have the money to pay on the spot.

^^^Wait long enough, and depending on the hospital, some will offer it to you. Just make sure you have the money to pay on the spot.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

I got y'all beat I racked up a 770k hospital bill.
laugh.gif
that's disgusting. Thank you people of MN for paying for it.
pimp.gif

I'm with pookie though, I'd rather pay higher taxes and KNOW I'm covered. I had to fill out paperwork for a month.
Hmm. Pay the $770k bill or let you die? The people of MN should have got a vote. 
smile.gif

Quoted for stupidity.

indifferent.gif

Just messing around.. why so sensitive sweetheart?

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by JStunn197

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm with pookie though, I'd rather pay higher taxes and KNOW I'm covered. I had to fill out paperwork for a month.
Hmm. Pay the $770k bill or let you die? The people of MN should have got a vote. 
smile.gif

Quoted for stupidity.

indifferent.gif

Just messing around.. why so sensitive sweetheart?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Son....how the hell is this possible? Almost a mill in hospital bills?
sick.gif

My brother was hit by a drunk driver in 98'...almost 1.5M in medical bills...

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Son....how the hell is this possible? Almost a mill in hospital bills?
sick.gif

My brother was hit by a drunk driver in 98'...almost 1.5M in medical bills...

Originally Posted by pookieman

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I can't wait until all the old, white people die.
mad.gif

quoted for ignorance and stupidity

you don't think that it's the old, white people in America that's holding up universal healthcare, among other things???

Originally Posted by pookieman

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I can't wait until all the old, white people die.
mad.gif

quoted for ignorance and stupidity

you don't think that it's the old, white people in America that's holding up universal healthcare, among other things???

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I'm glad my company's insurance has an out of pocket max of $5K. No matter what happens, that's the most I can spend in one year.
That's still really high....not too many are prepared for that.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I'm glad my company's insurance has an out of pocket max of $5K. No matter what happens, that's the most I can spend in one year.
That's still really high....not too many are prepared for that.

Man, I didn't know it was this bad. I know one of the top reasons for bankruptcy are hospital bills but damn..
tired.gif

Staying on top of your health is priceless.

Man, I didn't know it was this bad. I know one of the top reasons for bankruptcy are hospital bills but damn..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

tired.gif

It's extremely bad. The rich get richer, and the poor get $*#@%!.

Universal healthcare would def.be the way to go, but the have's are too busy screwing the have-nots

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

tired.gif

It's extremely bad. The rich get richer, and the poor get $*#@%!.

Universal healthcare would def.be the way to go, but the have's are too busy screwing the have-nots

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Whoa, you got your sn back pookie?

Hospital bills are NO JOKE. Had surgery on my knee twice - grand total = $77,000
sick.gif
. Dad works for the city, so it was covered
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
This is bogus though.  People that live in the city pay higher taxes so the family of city workers can get $77k worth of knee surgery?
Pretty sure he's covered under his dad's insurance and it was covered by insurance and not the city.
laugh.gif
^ That.

Back
Top Bottom