NT ARTISTS, COME INSIDE... Got an idea, need opinions - Possible work

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by pdot

Originally Posted by FOG

I agree with SIZE.

I think the original piece is already good; you don't want to add too much. You should keep it at a minimal level and let it be subjective. People expect you to paint on it, which then seems 'cliche'. If you paint on it, viewers would be like, "Oh, he painted it, pretty cool."

But if you left it the way it is now, it makes them think more about the subject and theme of money, currency, and capitalism. Art has really took a turn towards being minimalistic and interpretive.

Just my 2 cents, good luck with whatever you decide end up doing!

That's the thing though - it's not a "piece." It's just a sheet of $1s that my my grandma got me & I held onto it. You dudes have really seen someone paint on a sheet of $$$?
This is where art is subjective.

I already see that mass produced uncut sheet of "paper" as a piece of art, it speaks about Capitalism on so many levels already without having to scream it.

By clichéd I meant the whole "capitalism is evil' thing. Been done and it isn't clever anymore.

Oh yeah, the "capitalism is evil" thing is def played. I don't think capitalism is a bad thing. I wouldn't want to have too much input into the vision of the piece, but I hope that they would put more thought into it. There are so many levels of capitalism & money itself. Good discussion

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by pdot

Originally Posted by FOG

I agree with SIZE.

I think the original piece is already good; you don't want to add too much. You should keep it at a minimal level and let it be subjective. People expect you to paint on it, which then seems 'cliche'. If you paint on it, viewers would be like, "Oh, he painted it, pretty cool."

But if you left it the way it is now, it makes them think more about the subject and theme of money, currency, and capitalism. Art has really took a turn towards being minimalistic and interpretive.

Just my 2 cents, good luck with whatever you decide end up doing!

That's the thing though - it's not a "piece." It's just a sheet of $1s that my my grandma got me & I held onto it. You dudes have really seen someone paint on a sheet of $$$?
This is where art is subjective.

I already see that mass produced uncut sheet of "paper" as a piece of art, it speaks about Capitalism on so many levels already without having to scream it.

By clichéd I meant the whole "capitalism is evil' thing. Been done and it isn't clever anymore.

Oh yeah, the "capitalism is evil" thing is def played. I don't think capitalism is a bad thing. I wouldn't want to have too much input into the vision of the piece, but I hope that they would put more thought into it. There are so many levels of capitalism & money itself. Good discussion

Back
Top Bottom