NT Attorneys, Lawyers anyone who can help out please come in.

So last night at the bar an incident occured involving 2 of my homies.

One got randomly jumped by a group of bouncers.. ends up with a broken nose, black eye, and he broke the bone under his left eye.. He got taken to the hospital, but the police never questioned him or nothing.

The other friend that was the really didnt do anything but still got arrested for disorderly conduct when he was the one that called the cops. hes been held for about 20 hours and his status is "He wont be released until he sees the commissioner". it was like since 10AM this morning.

The police has yet to get the people who beat my friend up. and police reports are MIA for now apparently when we asked another police officer.
The incident was not on the bar premises but across the street in a parking lot.

My question is there any way my friend can press charges against the bouncers? OR the bar??

I think that this was very unfair because my friend just got pounced. he was the victim, but they never really arrested the person that did this to him. and my other friend goes to jail because he was trying to explain the situation tot he cops and they just ignored him and wouldnt listen. and they arrested him and hes been in there ever since...

Any advice would help fam. FYI this was taken place in PG county, MD

Pg? What's the name of the bar? I live by high point HS!

As for your friends, I'm pretty sure he can press charges by collecting evidence such as the security cameras(if they have it) and/or witnesses.

If thats the whole true story than they can def file an Assault and Battery report. What state you in OP?

What was the cause of the incident. Don't paint your friend like a saint who did nothing. Something definitely sparked the incident. Let's hear it.

The bar was Cornerstone in College Park, MD

as for the cause. I believe that he was taking the girl that he was with to the car and the bouncers decided to check up on her to make sure she wasnt being harmed or anything. Of course they're drunk coming out of the bar and my friend has a pretty big temper when he drinks. He was mainly arguing about how the girl is his friend.. she is safe and not in any trouble with him. He told the bouncers to eff off, get out and go back to their job. Then the bouncer along with 3 other bouncers basically laid him out.

While this altercation is happening my other friend called the cops with the girl and he ended up getting arrested for some bs. They never arrested the bouncer or asked my friend who got beat up if he wanted to press charges. My friend needed to get stitches on his eye lid and i dont think that he should have to pay for the hospital bills.

Well, look on the bright side.

Your friend didn't get into the car with a passenger while he was drunk.

He wasnt driving, the dude that got arrested was.... the cop let the girl take the keys knowing she was intoxicated and let her take the car so it wouldnt get towed :smh:

As far as criminal law goes... All they really can do is go up there and file a police report and the police will have somebody investigate it.

Not sure about the civil side of it.

Edit: So you rather have had the police officer tow the car? :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom