NT barbers, how do I get rid of those "micro hairs"?

I don't know what those things are called but my old barber (who moved to Houston) referred to them as microhairs.

I cut my own hair now and recently I've been getting a skin taper on the sides, and every time I shave my sideburns off, you can always see little hairs. Imean I don't mind a little shadow cause that's probably something I won't be able to get rid of completely, but there are still a noticeable amountof hair so it looks like my sideburns are still there, thus not giving it the skin taper look.

I'm using an Andis T-outliner. Any recommendation on some good blades to replace the ones they come with? I heard good things about Promates but I wantmore opinions.

Or are there any other effective methods on getting rid of those things?

You need to do one of 2 things.

1. Adjust the blade on your T-outliner and possibly get it sharpened. There are video tutorials on YouTube that show you how to adjust the blade, butyou're going to need to go to a service center to get your blade sharpened.

2. Learn to use a straight razor. These offer the closest shave you will ever get with any shaving device. Definitely some learning curve, and if you'reblack you probably will get razor bumps so cop some Bump Patrol to take care of that. I use this for my line-up as well as sideburns and come out looking extrasharp
pimp.gif

I'm new to cutting hair. What do yall mean by blading?
embarassed.gif

I was just thinking of getting some sharper blades for my T-Outliner. If that's what you meant.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

You need to do one of 2 things.

1. Adjust the blade on your T-outliner and possibly get it sharpened. There are video tutorials on YouTube that show you how to adjust the blade, but you're going to need to go to a service center to get your blade sharpened.

2. Learn to use a straight razor. These offer the closest shave you will ever get with any shaving device. Definitely some learning curve, and if you're black you probably will get razor bumps so cop some Bump Patrol to take care of that. I use this for my line-up as well as sideburns and come out looking extra sharp
pimp.gif
Thanks. I'm gonna look into the straight razor. Surprisingly, I've never heard of it before but it sounds
pimp.gif

EDIT: is it hard to learn? Or is it almost like shaving with a regular razor?

i know you can get it virtually skintight wit tha andis, but dont know how
nerd.gif

my barber uses andis clippers and gets everything
eek.gif

so i bought the same clippers but when i use em at home i still have those micro hairs you're talkin bout
indifferent.gif

A straight razor is that razor that all the barbers use in those 1950 movies.

I can't post pics because i'm on my phone but if you google it you'll know what i'm talking about immediately.

As far as learning curve is concerned, it's not too bad. It's definitely somewhat different than regular shaving (an you run the risk of cuttingyourself more); it's a bit tricky at first because if you use the wrong angles you can either cut yourself or not shave anything at all... but it allbecomes second nature after a while (I'd say after about 7 or so times).

Just get a handle and disposable blades from a reputable company, and the purchase should be no more than $25 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom