NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

I'm reading this: 
51Aan0An46L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I'm ~150 pages in, and it's a great book.

Good stuff guys.

I'll hopefully get started with The Stranger by Albert Camus today.

The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka was quite the read.

Good stuff guys.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

the-girl-who-kicked-the-hornets-nest-9781906694173_300.jpg

9780060527358.OL-m.jpg
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the 1st book in the series so he should read that first
The Republic by Plato
Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche
The Red Queen: Sex and The Evolution of Human Nature
Freaknomics
The Art of War

I have Women: A Novel by Charles which I plan to get too soon

Yea dude/dudet I've already read the first two books in the trilogy. . 
Unfortunately the second book in the trilogy was not nearly as good as the first one, albeit the author decided to leave the second book with a huge cliffhanger. Forcing the reader to read the 3rd and final installment in the trilogy. 

The republic was also a good read, however Plato's "perfect world" or "utopia" is just that a perfect world and a utopia. He is able to give the reader something to slug through however like any other philosopher he is just putting his thoughts and ideas into a book. 

If you are into philosophy I would recommend Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche. . . Hes a real prick.

1984 is on my list but who knows when I'll get to it. I feel as though it is impossible to complete a list a books that I want to read.

9780060527358.OL-m.jpg
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the 1st book in the series so he should read that first
The Republic by Plato
Freaknomics
The Art of War

Unfortunately the second book in the trilogy was not nearly as good as the first one, albeit the author decided to leave the second book with a huge cliffhanger. Forcing the reader to read the 3rd and final installment in the trilogy. 

The republic was also a good read, however Plato's "perfect world" or "utopia" is just that a perfect world and a utopia. He is able to give the reader something to slug through however like any other philosopher he is just putting his thoughts and ideas into a book. 

If you are into philosophy I would recommend Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche. . . Hes a real prick.

1984 is on my list but who knows when I'll get to it. I feel as though it is impossible to complete a list a books that I want to read.

9780060527358.OL-m.jpg
The Republic by Plato
Freaknomics
The Art of War

I'm a Philosophy major, I love Nietzsche, dude is something else
laugh.gif

I'm currently taking a Philosophy of Religion I/God and Reason course and my professor gave us bits and pieces of Nietzsches works to read. But I did buy the book.
Spurs: Nietzsche Styles is also a really good book, it's rather short and quick to read.

My friend is a Eng/Lit major and we always talk how it seems impossible to get to a decent amount of the list of books that we want to read.

9780060527358.OL-m.jpg
The Republic by Plato
Freaknomics
The Art of War

I'm a Philosophy major, I love Nietzsche, dude is something else
laugh.gif

I'm currently taking a Philosophy of Religion I/God and Reason course and my professor gave us bits and pieces of Nietzsches works to read. But I did buy the book.
Spurs: Nietzsche Styles is also a really good book, it's rather short and quick to read.

My friend is a Eng/Lit major and we always talk how it seems impossible to get to a decent amount of the list of books that we want to read.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Good stuff guys.

this is gonna be a re-read for me. i remember reading this back in highschool but i couldnt even begin to tell you what it was about
30t6p3b.gif
i hope i can find it laying around somewhere in here 
laugh.gif

appreciate all the suggestions ppl 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Good stuff guys.

this is gonna be a re-read for me. i remember reading this back in highschool but i couldnt even begin to tell you what it was about
30t6p3b.gif
i hope i can find it laying around somewhere in here 
laugh.gif

appreciate all the suggestions ppl 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Reading these two:[/color]

destructionofblackcivilization.jpg

warren-buffett-snowball.jpg
I got The Snowball like 2 years ago and basically couldn't get past page 200 or so. I'm going to have to start over because i have forgotten everything about the book. Right now started up The Outliers.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Reading these two:[/color]

destructionofblackcivilization.jpg

warren-buffett-snowball.jpg
I got The Snowball like 2 years ago and basically couldn't get past page 200 or so. I'm going to have to start over because i have forgotten everything about the book. Right now started up The Outliers.

Back
Top Bottom