NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

A solid recap. Just for Kicks in book form.

Reading Black on Black violence. The psychodynamics of Black self annihilation in service of white domination by Amos N. Wilson.

Finished: The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton. Good story, writing was repetitive.

Just finished up:

Shoe Dog
27220736._UY400_SS400_.jpg

Zero to One
s-l300.jpg

Next book is going to be The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing.

Reading Black on Black violence. The psychodynamics of Black self annihilation in service of white domination by Amos N. Wilson.

Finished: The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton. Good story, writing was repetitive.

That Amos Wilson is no joke. That is a deep read for sure. Owning his books is a must.

Just finished

The One Thing - The Supprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller.

Great book.

The Man’s Guide to Women by John Gottman, PhD and Julie Schwartz Gottman, PhD.

Invisible Influence - The Hidden Forces That Shape Behavior by Jonah Berger.

Now I’m currently reading:

Black Skin, White Masks by Frantz Fanon.

Next on my list:

You are Not so Smart by David McRaney.

I haven't been able to read much this summer as I would've liked to, but I've been reading this slowly.

516gaKngj0L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you're an African American or someone part of the diaspora,you need to read this book. The author passed away last week and he left behind great work for our generation to read and reach others with. This will change your mindset.

Last edited:
Finished up "Unhinged" and I must say that this was a really good book.
Didn't know about her time working under the Clintons, but it was crazy how they betrayed her.
I feel like everything he said about Trump is this book is true. I personally wouldn't call him a racist, but he's definitely a egomaniac that only wants "yes men" around him.

choke was dope, i like chucks writing style also, guess ill just go on amazon and read the synop

how was this?

Whats this one about?

If the Amazon synop wasn't enough, I enjoyed this spoiler-free Adjustment Day Review [Note: Not my page]
Favorite read of 2018 so far.

Latest Reads:
Astroball: The New Way to Win It All by Ben Reiter
Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It by Charlamagne Tha God
The Death of Truth: Notes on Falsehood in the Age of Trump by Michiko Kakutani
From a Certain Point of View by Various Star Wars Authors
Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
Robin by Dave Itzkoff

Back
Top Bottom