NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

1. The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life - Francine Jay
2. Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present - Harriet A. Washington
3. The Principles that Govern Social Interaction
4. Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu
5. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
6. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life - Richard Carlson
7. We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity - Bell Hooks
8. White Women, Black Men: Illicit Sex in the Nineteenth-Century South - Martha Hodes
9. The Definitive Book of Body Language - Allan Pease, Barbara Pease
10. The Hite Report - Shere Hite
11. Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism - James W. Loewen
12. The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking - Brendan I. Koerner
13. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness - Michelle Alexander
14. Black like me - John Howard Griffin
15. Models: Attract Women Through Honesty - Mark Manson
16. Killing Chase - Ben Muse
17. Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority - Tom Burrell
18. The Gray Man - Mark Greaney

The Gray Man was a very fun book to read. I will read the rest of the series. Brainwashed was one of the realest book I have ever read. I had to give it to my younger brother.

The next 3 books on my list is in order

The Mis-Education of the Negro - Carter G. Woodson
The Souls of Black Folk - W.E.B. Du Bois
On Target - Mark Greaney

Starting the Darktower series.. Books are coming in the mail in a couple of days... I just finished Chuck Palahniuck's Choke.. He just did an AMA on Reddit yesterday..
Let us know what you think of the ending. Everyone has a diverse opinion once they get to the finale.
laugh.gif
Survivor is my favorite after that is fight club & choke. All definitely worth a read. 

As for me I have been reading H.P. Lovecraft and Phillip K. **** lately. Picked up Blood Meridan by Cormac McCarthy today since I have been meaning to read it for a while now.

If you guys aren't already on it, I love GoodReads. Not only does it helps keep track of progress, but I find tons of interesting new stuff. I also subscribe to the Farnham Street Newsletter and check out BrainPickings.org all the time for new stuff.

Recently read Moonwalking with Einstein. Quite an interesting book on memory as well as memory athletes.

Also read Gladwell's David Vs Goliath and found it interesting. You definitely have hints of Taleb's Antifragile as well as Gladwell's usual interesting writing style.

Currently reading the The Greatest Salesman in the World.

Still on the first scroll.

Last edited:
Currently reading Eye of God by James Rollins..It's a really good read..His Sigma series is a cool mix of Dan Brown and James Patterson..

love this thread i love to read and im always looking for new suggestions im starting true to the game and im excited 

1. The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life - Francine Jay
2. Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present - Harriet A. Washington
3. The Principles that Govern Social Interaction
4. Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu
5. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
6. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life - Richard Carlson
7. We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity - Bell Hooks
8. White Women, Black Men: Illicit Sex in the Nineteenth-Century South - Martha Hodes
9. The Definitive Book of Body Language - Allan Pease, Barbara Pease
10. The Hite Report - Shere Hite
11. Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism - James W. Loewen
12. The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking - Brendan I. Koerner
13. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness - Michelle Alexander
14. Black like me - John Howard Griffin
15. Models: Attract Women Through Honesty - Mark Manson
16. Killing Chase - Ben Muse
17. Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority - Tom Burrell
18. The Gray Man - Mark Greaney

The Gray Man was a very fun book to read. I will read the rest of the series. Brainwashed was one of the realest book I have ever read. I had to give it to my younger brother.

The next 3 books on my list is in order

The Mis-Education of the Negro - Carter G. Woodson
The Souls of Black Folk - W.E.B. Du Bois
On Target - Mark Greaney

I guess I'll update what I've been reading. Finished reading The Mis-Education of the Negro. A great book but sad that things have not changed since the 1900s in the black community. I started to read The Souls of Black Folk but stopped after the first chapter. The book is too passive on race relations. I need something hard hitting.

I am currently reading On Target by Mark Greaney. Really looking forward to finishing it. Afterwards I'll read Lies My Teacher Told Me : Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen. Sundown town was a great book and a eye opener. Hopefully this book is the same. I am also going to read a book I just found out about called Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters by Helen Smith.

Im reading:

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Siddartha by Herman Hesse
On The Wealth Of Nation by PJ O'Rourke
Jurassic Park by Micheal Crichton

Last edited:
The Fountainhead
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Tao of Jeet Kune Do
Success by Napoleon Hill

Just finished Who Owns the Ice House by Clifton Taulbert and Gary Schoeniger. Great book about entrepreneurship. Looking for another great read!

New to this thread, coming in with the age of question: Nook or Kindle?

One of my New Years Resolutions is to at least have a book or two read a month. Not sure if I wanna just go with physical copies or the e-reader route, but would like some info on either device to weigh my options.

Thanks in advance.

I enjoy my kindle because I can move purchases across my iPhone and the wifey's iPad. I've got a first gen Kindle Fire, and while it isn't great, it does the job for me.

Studies have shown that people read a few pages faster while using a ereader over physical copy. I perfer to read the physical copy mysel tho.
I would go with the kindle over the nook. Nook is just...........

just finished perfume by patrick suskind
read it bc iot's a favorite of kurt cobaine and till lindemann
i know im biased bc i literally just finished it, but it is my favorite book ever

right now im reading curse of the lono by hunter s thompson
and im about halfway down white devil in the white city, but its so slow (its split into two stories with alternating chapters, one of which i absolutely dont care about)

next up is naseau by sartre which i started and its amazing, but i want to take my time with it so ill get to it next

cliffnotes:
read perfume by patrick suskind

Last edited:
Studies have shown that people read a few pages faster while using a ereader over physical copy. I perfer to read the physical copy mysel tho.
I would go with the kindle over the nook. Nook is just...........
Study was probably sponsored by a company selling a eReader

Back
Top Bottom