NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Honestly haven't read as much Baldwin as I should. But some other books you might enjoy from other authors are: White Teeth, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Beloved and The Bluest Eye. Between the world and me is a great new read. More of a personal narrative as it's a letter from a father to son about what life is like for African Americans in America.

Good looks. Im actually after Between the World and Me but havent been able to find a copy yet. Gonna look for the others you mentioned. Appreciate it!

CURRENTLY FINISHING UP

Picked up Shoe Dog by Phil Knight and Modern Romance by Aziz this month.

I'm a slow reader in the sense that I take week long breaks between chapters but I'm trying to finish both this month :lol:

Picked up Shoe Dog by Phil Knight and Modern Romance by Aziz this month.

I'm a slow reader in the sense that I take week long breaks between chapters but I'm trying to finish both this month :lol:

Modern romance is a nice light read, I think you'll enjoy it

Forgot all about this thread. Need to get back on my reading game. Latest book...

Kind of a modern twist on Dante's Inferno.

Finished the following since start of March

Finally gonna start the Marable book.

Picked up Ready Player One, Ghost in the Wires, and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing on some recommendations. Now to find the time to knock these out.
Ghost in the Wires is
smokin.gif

Skimmed through multiplication is for white people. Good read about the achievement gap between African Americans and caucasians. Picked up ghettoside which is about the lack of coverage African American murders get. Gonna prob skim through that quickly.

How much time do you guys devote on a daily basis in reading? Pisses me off that I can't sit down and read a book without getting distracted in dumb ****. :smh:

How much time do you guys devote on a daily basis in reading? Pisses me off that I can't sit down and read a book without getting distracted in dumb ****. :smh:

I try and read a few chapters a day. Some books like Shantaram that really get my interest i can read100+ pages at a time

I usually start when I poop and usually continue throughout the day so maybe 4-5 hours?

How much time do you guys devote on a daily basis in reading? Pisses me off that I can't sit down and read a book without getting distracted in dumb ****.
mean.gif
Chapter a day whenever I can. For the current book I'm reading I do 1 law per day whenever I have the time. I wish I had time to dedicate about 1 hour to reading everyday. 

It's tough for me because I have a 2 boys (6 and 3) both fighting for my attention from the time I step in the door after work. I have to pick my times. Whatever I can whenever I can

Just finished Philadelphia Fire by John EdgarvWideman. I don't know how to describe it. Masterfully written but confusing as hell. Tough read

Current read. Basically sums up the US justice system and how corrupt and can (and did) get at the expense of poor folks in Texas:

Next read:

My girl is about to graduate college and for one of her gifts she some books that focus on "spirituality, self love etc." So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I already got the alchemist, not sure how much she'll like it but I loved it.

My girl is about to graduate college and for one of her gifts she some books that focus on "spirituality, self love etc." So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I already got the alchemist, not sure how much she'll like it but I loved it.
Can't go wrong with this. Brought me to tears.

I aim for 50 pages a day. I found it to be a lot easier spreading my reading throughout the day. 10 pages when I wake up, 10 pages eating lunch, etc. Usually takes me a week to finish a book.

Do yall want to try and start up the NT Book Club again? It was a lot harder to get off the ground the last time but I feel we can always try again.

Back
Top Bottom