NT brothers & sisters (yes ALL 6 of you) would you ever...

date someone who was unemployed and if YOU are the one who was unemployed would you approach/ask someone out?I heard the topic on the radio coming home from work and I was just curious how you all felt about this.GO!!

d001633629c4328a930743104a753c9eb38b5b46.gif

I Would It all depend on the situation they are in, I mean if they are lazy thats a whole different story.
If I was unemployed, I would just be real......i got side hustles anyways.

I would be open to possibly dating someone who was unemployed if I knew going into the situation, but I wouldn't be open to supporting someone who was unemployed.  Also, did you hear this topic from the Michael Baisden show??

I've been unemplyed and def know the feeling. Cant knock anyone's game. Just hoping they're tryin to better themself. At least be in school or looking for a job,

Originally Posted by ReturnBama

I would date someone as long as they are trying to improve their situation

And that's all that needs to be said about that.

I spend most of 2011 unemployed. I just couldn't talk to any females knowing I didn't have a job. That was my first time in life being unemployed, too. I've heard too many women talk bad about dudes without jobs(even though, most of the time, they were actually talking about their BD). Every now and then nature would kick in and I would find myself lying to chicks, but I would just dead it because I didn't feel good about it. Also, I didn't want to have to babysit that lie.

As far as a female, if I was really into her and I didn't have to take care of her, her being unemployed really wouldn't bother me.

When I was unemployed I was mad insecure about it and wouldn't even think about approaching worthwhile females.  I actually came across a couple females who seem like they would be willing to look pass it but I still couldn't do it.

On the flip side I know unemployed cats with completely no or d-boy ambitions and they have
pimp.gif
chicks

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Also, did you hear this topic from the Michael Baisden show??

laugh.gif
Sure did. I think what sparked me wanting to know how others felt about this was some woman (who called in) talking that "if he ain't got a job he can't even approach me" +@%#+$+# like @%!! isn't rough for EVERYBODY out here.
laugh.gif
Yo Hendrix I was talking about the few ladies who actually post on here. You're good money my friend.

This.

if YOU are the one who was unemployed would you approach/ask someone out?
No. My confidence wouldn't be the same so I really wouldn't feel right doing that. I'd focus all of my energy on changing my situation.

This is a good answer.

Now I ask..what if you've been with them for a long time and they never end up getting "there"?

Date Someone Unemployed? Sure. With the way that the job market is, I really wouldn't blame them for not having a job. As long as I don't have to support them (beyond paying for dates once in a while,) and I see potential in her then I wouldn't mind being down until she got back on her feet. (I'm of course ruling out a rich family scenario, in which case, it would be preferred. Early retirement just for smashing some cat's daughter? Sign me up.
pimp.gif
)

Approach a girl while unemployed? I've done it before, hopefully won't ever have to do it again, but I definitely wouldn't be actively seeking a relationship while unemployed. Relationships cost money, and while I'm unemployed I'm trying to limit my spending as much as possible. But I will still approach females for smanging purposes, regardless of my employment situation.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by FedExciter

In this economy its kinda hard not to date anyone unemployed
Wrong.
I hate when you guys say "wrong"
eyes.gif

Its not impossible but it would be hard, you would have to find someone who doesn't mind not going out and doesnt mind not getting really good gifts.

Im a home body and could careless for gifts, but the other problem is when that unemployed person has money problems and as an S.O you feel obligated to help them.

Its a burden 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by FedExciter

In this economy its kinda hard not to date anyone unemployed
Wrong.
I hate when you guys say "wrong"
eyes.gif

Its not impossible but it would be hard, you would have to find someone who doesn't mind not going out and doesnt mind not getting really good gifts.

Im a home body and could careless for gifts, but the other problem is when that unemployed person has money problems and as an S.O you feel obligated to help them.

Its a burden 
ohwell.gif

I can see that. I don't have a problem with doing this as long as they are actively trying to improve their situation.

Agree with the posts about as long as they're trying to better their situation.

But do y'all think a woman's perspective would be different? If a woman is already on her career path then I cannot imagine her wanting to date someone unemployed. I am considering the old-fashioned mindset that the man is the breadwinner although this train of thought has considerably weakened in 2012. 

Back
Top Bottom