NT, Can guys and girls be Real Bestfriends?

Originally Posted by demik

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I was having this discussion with a friend of mine (Female) and I took the stance that they can't. IMO , a guy and girl can't be true best friends without one or the other being attracted to the other. I mean think about it, would you have a bestfriend, someone who you are close to, that is ugly to you or that you aren't attracted to?

What do you all think?
Nuff said, speaking of experience.
tired.gif

I'm still hooked on my girl best friend of High School since the 9th grade.
30t6p3b.gif
and I'm a freshman in college. /sigh
let her know. she might feel the same way and be holding it in like you are. there's nothing like best friend box.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by demik

I was having this discussion with a friend of mine (Female) and I took the stance that they can't. IMO , a guy and girl can't be true best friends without one or the other being attracted to the other. I mean think about it, would you have a bestfriend, someone who you are close to, that is ugly to you or that you aren't attracted to?

What do you all think?
Nuff said, speaking of experience.
tired.gif

I'm still hooked on my girl best friend of High School since the 9th grade.
30t6p3b.gif
and I'm a freshman in college. /sigh
let her know. she might feel the same way and be holding it in like you are. there's nothing like best friend box.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive never had a female friend who wasnt attracted to me.

it can work...................but eventually you will smash.
L2L you are more cocky than Colin Farrell
but its true.....

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive never had a female friend who wasnt attracted to me.

it can work...................but eventually you will smash.
L2L you are more cocky than Colin Farrell
but its true.....

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

If she's good looking then no no guy can, but if they're ugly then yeah of course
I disagree in part.  A lot of dudes would still smash even if the girl is ugly, if given the chance.  So, the answer to the question is no.  Assuming they are both heterosexual, a girl and a guy cannot really be best friends.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

If she's good looking then no no guy can, but if they're ugly then yeah of course
I disagree in part.  A lot of dudes would still smash even if the girl is ugly, if given the chance.  So, the answer to the question is no.  Assuming they are both heterosexual, a girl and a guy cannot really be best friends.

Yes when I was very young.. all of my bestfriends when I was girls. When I got older.. all of them became my girlfriends.I believe that guys and girls can be real best friends.. but that is not for me.. not right now

Yes when I was very young.. all of my bestfriends when I was girls. When I got older.. all of them became my girlfriends.I believe that guys and girls can be real best friends.. but that is not for me.. not right now

one of my bestfriends is a girl. she grew up across the street from me and was pretty much a tom boy her entire life, i'm not attracted to her, mainly because shes like family, and because she's still kind of a tom boy. i think im pretty lucky because i get girl's point of view on a lot of things without it being complicated

one of my bestfriends is a girl. she grew up across the street from me and was pretty much a tom boy her entire life, i'm not attracted to her, mainly because shes like family, and because she's still kind of a tom boy. i think im pretty lucky because i get girl's point of view on a lot of things without it being complicated

YES...i once believe it wasn't possible but it is..

I've known this girl since pre-k and hung around the same crew until 8th grade..didnt talk much in HS

but when we all went to college we started talking again, and before you know it, shes considered one of my best friends

we are attracted to each other (messed around few years ago) but we know if anything happens it might ruin our friendship
and btw, my other real close guy friend also considers her a best friend...so yea its possible

there was an experiment someone did on another forum i'm on.

i'll try to find the link but i'll sum it up for you (i'll try my best from memory)

- guy had the same discussion with a girl re: this topic.
- girl said it's possible.
- guy told her to find a guy she's close with, doesn't think he wants to bang her... then make a move.
- she agreed, made a move on one of her close guy friends and %!%# went down.
- guy came back asking for more... pretty much became hooked

i know this is only one scenario, but i wanted to share anyways.

edit: found it.. http://forums.redflagdeal...male-best-friend-896995/

there was an experiment someone did on another forum i'm on.

i'll try to find the link but i'll sum it up for you (i'll try my best from memory)

- guy had the same discussion with a girl re: this topic.
- girl said it's possible.
- guy told her to find a guy she's close with, doesn't think he wants to bang her... then make a move.
- she agreed, made a move on one of her close guy friends and %!%# went down.
- guy came back asking for more... pretty much became hooked

i know this is only one scenario, but i wanted to share anyways.

edit: found it.. http://forums.redflagdeal...male-best-friend-896995/

YES...i once believe it wasn't possible but it is..

I've known this girl since pre-k and hung around the same crew until 8th grade..didnt talk much in HS

but when we all went to college we started talking again, and before you know it, shes considered one of my best friends

we are attracted to each other (messed around few years ago) but we know if anything happens it might ruin our friendship
and btw, my other real close guy friend also considers her a best friend...so yea its possible

I think it is a sign of maturity on both parties if an intergender friendship is sustained.

I think it is a sign of maturity on both parties if an intergender friendship is sustained.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

if she's ugly

Yeah but if she's ugly would you really let her be that close to you to the point of a bestfriend?
I used to be good friends with this chick at work.. looks wise she was
sick.gif
but as friends she was cool. Outta the blue tho she starts sending weird texts like telling me about how she was taking a bath and being bored wishing I was there and eventually she told me she liked me. I had to cut contact after that because it was awkward. Its good she works somewhere else now.

I got this other female coworker who's a friend who gives me the eye sometimes and we talk here and there. We both catch the same train when we get off work and one time when we were riding the train she was kinda high asking me if I wanted to come to her house that night... too bad she's
sick.gif
looking. Then there's this other one... real cute chick but she moved to Cali.

So to answer OP's question, no.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

if she's ugly

Yeah but if she's ugly would you really let her be that close to you to the point of a bestfriend?
I used to be good friends with this chick at work.. looks wise she was
sick.gif
but as friends she was cool. Outta the blue tho she starts sending weird texts like telling me about how she was taking a bath and being bored wishing I was there and eventually she told me she liked me. I had to cut contact after that because it was awkward. Its good she works somewhere else now.

I got this other female coworker who's a friend who gives me the eye sometimes and we talk here and there. We both catch the same train when we get off work and one time when we were riding the train she was kinda high asking me if I wanted to come to her house that night... too bad she's
sick.gif
looking. Then there's this other one... real cute chick but she moved to Cali.

So to answer OP's question, no.

Back
Top Bottom