NT Car Heads: Decent Used Car for Under $2K?

as the title says..I just need something to get me from school to work to gym etc nothing fancy bros

help this poor man out

240sx! Mine has 200k miles and runs like a champ! The ka24 never gives out
pimp.gif

UNDER 2k?

good luck

you can find reliable hoopty with a solid 2500-3k

you said UNDER 2k........save a lil more man imo

Check craigslist fam. I bought my 96 A6 two years ago with 160k on the dash for 1700. I had to put a little money in it naturally but I'm still rolling. Just keep an eye out.

As poorly maintained and leaky as my car has been if you can find a 240sx that hasn't been overly molested you could do that. But mainly I recommend a Honda or Toyota something.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Check craigslist fam. I bought my 96 A6 two years ago with 160k on the dash for 1700. I had to put a little money in it naturally but I'm still rolling. Just keep an eye out.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

How much has that thing cost you in maintenance?

Mercedes 190e is my input.
Comes in 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder model.

It's a classy looking car that can be had pretty cheap. Lots of repair info online if you're handy doing repairs yourself. Mercedes made a lot of them so they are common in junkyards when you're looking for cheap parts.

I wouldn't go for an old Honda. I always laugh when I see grown guys in their little Civic hatchbacks. 

Just my opinion. Of course with cars beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone will have different tastes.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I don't think you can go around looking for options, it's take what you can get at that point.
I found multiple pages on craigslist in my region.  It's not too hard.  An early/mid 90's Honda or Toyota should suffice pretty well for his needs.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I don't think you can go around looking for options, it's take what you can get at that point.
I found multiple pages on craigslist in my region.  It's not too hard.  An early/mid 90's Honda or Toyota should suffice pretty well for his needs.
I'm not saying it's impossible
I'm saying if you have such a small budget you don't have the luxury of picking and choosing by model, you're limited to what's available and still runs decent.

You can probably find a decent early 90s Lexus SC300 for around $2k but at around $3k, you can probably get one in a much better shape.

Dead serious.... Get an old camry. Them joints is reliable as hell. In good condition it can be had for 2 racks.

Back
Top Bottom