NT Car Heads...Gti?

Basically I'm looking to finance my first car in the spring(I paid for my previous two upfront), and I was thinking about a 05 GTI. My question is, is itfun to drive? Worth modding? Quality? Fast? Will I like it more than my Lude(
pimp.gif
btw)? Post pics if you have one! Any help is appreciated!

I don't have one, but I love the Gti. Coming from a Prelude, it would probably be an upgrade. The only VW I've driven was a Jetta and that thing waspretty torquey for what it is. Worth modding? What do you have plan? If it's your only car, I'd only do minor bolt ons to it to maintain reliability.

• Coming from a prelude, you're might lose a little top-end torque, but your lower range torque will be so much better. As for the modding, most of those have turbos if I'm not mistaken; pipes, new headers, and a computer upgrade would give you a very nice power boost. I love hondas, but those VW's are underrated imo.

they're both FWD meaning they are both boring to drive 05 gti is probably much funner to drive than your pre-lude, i would rather get a WRX about the sameprice relatively~

im thinking of getting one of the new gti.. but hows vw maintenance? im coming from owning a honda, so i don't pay much for maintenance.. is it reallyexpensive as i've heard?

ive always wanted a gti and i'm thinking about financing the new mkv..but i wouldnt mind the 20th anniversary mkiv

i drive a 99 vw passat now and haven't had any problems with it at all

I'm not a real fan of GTi's, but from what I've heard they're a lot of fun to drive.

How do you like your Prelude though? I was kind of looking at them..

my sister had one, had some problems but what car doesnt

I like the Preludes alot better tho, I feel like you have more potential w/ the engine if you wanna tune it

Thanks for the help fellas, I've been lookin at an 05 but I just saw a couple 03 20th Ann. 1.8T editions on autotrader that caught my eye. Im not toofamilier with the VW termanology tho, what are the differences between the 2.0t and VR6?
How do you like your Prelude though
Love it, I've had my 97 for about a year and a half now and I've done a couple things with it. They look great, they're dependableand pretty damn fast
pimp.gif
. I just wanted to get a new car because my mileageis getting pretty high and I dont plan on doing anything else to it. I would highly reccomend a 4th gen or 5th gen....dont sleep on the 4ths though,they're monsters
pimp.gif
. I've just been hearing alot of good thingsabout GTI's lately and wanted more info. I'll head out to the lot pretty soon to see what's up, hell I might even land in a new 4th gen if I'mnot feeling this GTI
wink.gif

^^ haha really? i was thinking about getting a corrado just to mess around with, one of the cleanest looking cars
pimp.gif

Here are a few pics of my old 2004 GTI 1.8T. I had it from June 2004 up until the end of January 2007. I loved it to death, but I wanted to step up to abigger car. If I had the funds, I would've kept it and bought a bigger car too.

- Jetta Front End Conversion
- Rieger Deep 4-Motion Front Valence
- JOM 4 Bar Badgeless Grille
- Weitec TX Coilovers
- Eurogear CF Boser Hood
- OEM R32 Sideskirts
- OEM 337 Recaro Front and Rear Seats
- Eurospec Golf Rear Bumper
- New South Performance Column Pod w/ VDO Boost Gauge
- Staggered 18in Rial Nogaros with Falken Ziex ZE-512 Tires
- Color-matched Bumper Lights
- FER Smoked Side Repeaters

go for the DSG, and correct me if i'm wrong, but launch control has been released, yes? a cheaper alternative would be the Civic Si, it handles better, andhas no understeer! plus it has the v-tec punch. the GTi on the other hand has a turbo, and VW is known for its high quality fit and finish. cabin materialswon't feel cheap at all. BUT, i think they are marked up often...

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

go for the DSG, and correct me if i'm wrong, but launch control has been released, yes? a cheaper alternative would be the Civic Si, it handles better, and has no understeer! plus it has the v-tec punch. the GTi on the other hand has a turbo, and VW is known for its high quality fit and finish. cabin materials won't feel cheap at all. BUT, i think they are marked up often...

05 did not have DSG available as it is still a 4th gen GTI. The 5th gen, available from 06-Now, has the DSG option available. As far as you saying theCivic Si handles better, I would retract that statement. They have very similar handling characteristics. Each car has its strong and weak points, butoverall, handle the same. Also, as much as I am a fan of Honda and VTEC, the top end power it provides is no match to the big wad of turbocharged torque youget in the GTI.

Back
Top Bottom