NT Caucasians....How Do You Feel About Slavery?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

This guy talking about the black experience is nothing unique you ever heard of the Willie lynch letters ever heard of men getting raped on slave ships?

roll.gif
@ This guy trying to compare the Jew holocaust to the Black holocaust like its even remotely close.
There was a world before the holocaust.
Ever hear of the inquisition for one? It was pretty bad for a multitude of groups. It lasted for a pretty long time too.
laugh.gif
Ok but were they robbed of a knowledge of self?

Were they deprived of their man hood and woman hood?

Were they beaten to the white meat?

Were they taught white is beautiful and black ugly?

Were they forced to fornicate to produce "super slaves"

Were their feet chopped of when they tried to escape?

Were they robbed off all the minerals and riches of africa?

Were they robbed off their culture and language?

grin.gif

The Vatican hasn't been the kindest organization to "heretics" and those who challenged their power.

Go look up some of the torture devices that were invented during the inquisition.

That has nothing to do with what he asked.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

This guy talking about the black experience is nothing unique you ever heard of the Willie lynch letters ever heard of men getting raped on slave ships?

roll.gif
@ This guy trying to compare the Jew holocaust to the Black holocaust like its even remotely close.
Ever hear of the inquisition for one? It was pretty bad for a multitude of groups. It lasted for a pretty long time too.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

The Vatican hasn't been the kindest organization to "heretics" and those who challenged their power.

Go look up some of the torture devices that were invented during the inquisition.

That has nothing to do with what he asked.

Since many people were killed, forced to convert, or flee their property what do you think the answers are to his questions?

Seriously. C'mon.
laugh.gif

I guess no one was forced to have children though. So for that one, it's a no.

You want to move on (time line wise backwards) to Slavery in Medieval Europe?

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Originally Posted by randyoss

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

up until about 50 to 60 years ago, black people weren't even legally allowed to attend certain schools....and you wanna ask me how that still affects black people today?

rofl.

yall really need to get out of the burbs more often...
Ok, I'm totally jumping in on your convo, but I don't understand what's not allowing kids these days to go to college if they have the grades, money/loans, SAT/ACT scores, extra curricular activities (I believe these are more important now to get into college?)? I can see how a belief/thought process may develop for a family that never had any kids go to college, since it had been like that for many decades. But that doesn't mean that if the latest generation wanted to go, they couldn't.

At least, that's what it seems like in California, but I'm sure (as with most things race-wise) this depends on the region of the world we're talking about.
I'm not saying the person can't rise above , but when you're born into something ...
eyes.gif

Boy ... lives in the hood ... mom's on disability ... goes to a public school ... lack of education ...
never really learned anything ... bad high school scores ... can't get into a good college ...
gets into a community college ... financial aid / loans ... mom gets sick ... has to help her ...
never finishes school ... mom passes ... financial aid won't give help ... blah blah blah

See how that works ? & that's not even necessarily for a Black male .

White's are ALWAYS born with that one-up , that head start ... not money wise either .
Not all whites are born with that. My g/f came from a family where NO ONE went to college college and VERY few had graduated high school. Yet shehad the desire and determination to get student loans and go to college. She became the FIRST person in her family (out of a huge Mexican family of hundreds(in just recent generations) to graduate college.

I think sometimes it's all about determination and will if you want it bad enough. It's hard. I never said it would be easy (heck, it's not easyfor most people in that situation, race excluded).

Another example: my dad came to this country from Iran in the 70s (imagine the stuff he got from people back then) when he was in his 30s, didn't speak ANYEnglish and somehow worked and paid his way through school and become a successful electrical engineer. If he did that, I think it's very possible for aperson in the situation you describe. Heck, at least they can speak English!
smile.gif

FrankReynolds420 wrote:
Also, Shortydoowopp. Props on being educated on the college level. But you have to understand, that's a great accpmplishment in general. I'm not hating at all. A lot of the bad feelings people give you are automatically transferred to being "racist". That's the easy way out. It's hard to make a living and live a LIFE for everyone. Bad #@@! happens to everyone. And EVERYONE has to work hard to achieve success.

There are extenuating circumstances of course, like being born into money. But let's keep this in the working class terms. It sucks for everyone. All i'm saying is I feel like i'm a...person, not a white person. You are a person also in my eyes, and not a...black person. I also understand, not many people will adopt that method of thinking, and it's sad.

laugh.gif
now i get props...

i grew up surrounded by white people my whole life...i was never around as many black people as i am now until i got to college...its a white school in a blackarea...its a different look when someone just doesn't like and when someone gives you that "
eyes.gif
what is she doing here" look...i've seen/heard somethings from whitepeople...i had a white girl asked my wht/blk friend why she was hanging out with a bunch of black people all of the sudden...my parents have kept me home fromschool cuz white kids from another school were suppose to come shoot the black kids from my school...from what i hear there were police everywhere that day(but i think thats exxaggerated)...i've had the coach's (a white woman) friend (a black woman) tell me i didn't make the squad cuz she didn'twant to many of us on the team...i've been told by a white boy that i only got into school cuz i'm black...i don't even put my race onanything cuz i don't want to be accepted for being black...

so i'm not just talking out my #%%...even in the stuff i've typed its nothing compared to the experiences enphan and haze have shared on this board...

i'm glad you see me as a person but please don't try to down play mine or other experiences...i grew up in a surban working class lifestyle...hell letmy friends tell it i'm spoiled as hell but that doesn't mean i don't know/acknowledge that not everyone is as fortunate as i am...and i don'tsee why its so hard for others to do the same..

smh.gif
@ you makin me type all that...i never type that muchon here...
laugh.gif

oooo, the 20s were a long time ago?

I'm 25.

my pops passed 2 decembers ago, the day after christmas....

he was 83.

expose, fail.

and thrilla, are you really arguing about the huge difference between 1st generationcollege educated black people and 1st generation college educated whites?

do I need to repeat that up until 50 years ago black people couldn't even legally go to damn near 90 percent of schools?

lol

but its 2009, that has no effect 50 years later...

-rolls eyes-

yall dudes is funny.

like kix said, the fact that you can't even acknowledge that no, our struggles AREN'T the same only strengthens our white priviledge argument...

I bet the !$%# I'm saying in this post never even crossed a majority of you dude's minds..

but of course, in attempt to argue with me, imma get "yeah right dude" or "you don't know me"

lol

my dude said his dad worked for a newspaper and had a 2nd job...and compared that to....the topic at hand....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HE WORKED AT A NEWSPAPER?

lol.

damn, how embarassing...

what about the kid who's father didn't go to college/can't afford to send him to college/doesn't even mention an expectation for his son to goto college, cause the kid's grandfather wasn't LEGALLY (I.e. it was FEDERALLY MANDATED as illegal for him to attend said college) allowed to go tocollege?

you right though, "our struggles are probably the same..."

btw, how is me acknowledging white priviledge and condemning those who refuse to acknowledge it, in any way, shape or form asking any of you for anything? howis that hateful and ignorant? how is that "yelling at and pissing people off"?

where did I ask for you to do anything but acknowledge that in this society, white skin is favored as opposed to black skin?

like I said, the !$%# has never even crossed your mind...and THAT my friends is the priviledge you enjoy as a white person who doesn't have to evenconsider such...

I think about the !$%# every day.

but you right, our struggled are "prolly" the same.

lol

anything else?

roll.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Just as i suspected you couldn't find any answers.

I wonder why?

tired.gif

I'm 25.

he was 83.

expose, fail.

and thrilla, are you really arguing about the huge difference between 1st generationcollege educated black people and 1st generation college educated whites?

do I need to repeat that up until 50 years ago black people couldn't even legally go to damn near 90 percent of schools?

lol

but its 2009, that has no effect 50 years later...

-rolls eyes-

yall dudes is funny.

like kix said, the fact that you can't even acknowledge that no, our struggles AREN'T the same only strengthens our white priviledge argument...

I bet the !$%# I'm saying in this post never even crossed a majority of you dude's minds..

but of course, in attempt to argue with me, imma get "yeah right dude" or "you don't know me"

lol

my dude said his dad worked for a newspaper and had a 2nd job...and compared that to....the topic at hand....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HE WORKED AT A NEWSPAPER?

lol.

damn, how embarassing...

what about the kid who's father didn't go to college/can't afford to send him to college/doesn't even mention an expectation for his son to go to college, cause the kid's grandfather wasn't LEGALLY (I.e. it was FEDERALLY MANDATED as illegal for him to attend said college) allowed to go to college?

you right though, "our struggles are probably the same..."

btw, how is me acknowledging white priviledge and condemning those who refuse to acknowledge it, in any way, shape or form asking any of you for anything? how is that hateful and ignorant? how is that "yelling at and pissing people off"?

where did I ask for you to do anything but acknowledge that in this society, white skin is favored as opposed to black skin?

like I said, the !$%# has never even crossed your mind...and THAT my friends is the priviledge you enjoy as a white person who doesn't have to even consider such...

I think about the !$%# every day.

but you right, our struggled are "prolly" the same.

lol

anything else?

Struggles are like #%% holes, right?

"My struggle is harder than yours!!!"

roll.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Just as i suspected you couldn't find any answers.

I wonder why?

tired.gif
Go study up on the subject and find the answers for yourself.
There are a lot of works written on the inquisition. You'll find your answers.

I'm 25.

he was 83.

expose, fail.
I was picturing him being a grown man in the 20's
and yes they were a long time ago. but seriously he was like in his 60's when you were born?

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

^ in middle school my friends dad was like 70...it was so crazy...
That's wild
eek.gif

Neither of my parents are remotely 70 yet, hell my mom isn't even 60 yet and my oldest sibling is almost 30

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

i had a white girl asked my wht/blk friend why she was hanging out with a bunch of black people all of the sudden

why'd you have her ask her that?

j/k that's messed up.
tired.gif

bwhahahahahahahah@ what's stopping these kids if they have the money, act scores and extra cirricular activites?

lets see...

no child left behind punishes lower scoring districts

many districts had to cut all sports and arts completely out the budget..

who do you think attends the poorest schools in our nation?

sans appilaceans, imma go out on a limb and say black and hispanic populations...

act scores? teachers in these "failing" districts are much more concerned with the federal testing that their districts funding is dependent on than teaching act and sat courses....you wouldn't understand that though, obviously, seeing how you seem to think act/sat preparation is a given..

I'm not even going to explain the money aspect...

now, at the end of the day, the black kid who lives in chicago, where there were over 200 shootings this "season" alone (kneesh, correct me if I'm wrong) has the same struggles and aspirations for their life as the kid who lives in a gated community and goes to private school?

the kid in chicago is concerned with not getting shot....

while the kid in private school is whining about not getting into state u so he can get totally ****faced with chet and bret....

but you right, aint NOTHING stopping these kids tho..

(lets not mention that many kids who even graduate high school are the first in their entire families to do so.....is it due to them being lazy? or due to that fact that up until 50 years ago they weren't even legally allowed INSIDE 90 percent of schools? hbcu's were just made to discriminate against whites, right? ROFL)

STEP OUT OF THE BURBS ONCE IN A WHILE, CHILDREN....
That's not unique to black people. As I mentioned in an earlier post, in my girlfriend's family, there's only one or two people out ofmany who even graduated high school (they're Mexican mixed with White). I don't know why some of them didn't graduate. I'd wager to guess thatthe cause is a mixture of many things (social, family history/expectations, living environment, etc.).

NCLB sucks, btw. I work(ed) in educational publishing and all I heard was bad things all around about it. Teachers teaching to tests, not to mention all thestuff you mentioned about funding. You could be right about NCLB stopping them, but I'm not too familiar with how it affects college entrance (other thankids not being able to graduate high school).

Oh, and I went to a "rich" high school and I NEVER saw a course at school that dealt with SAT/ACT as you mention. If you wanted a course on that youhad to pay a company that specialized in training for it; it had NOTHING to do with the public schools, iirc. As I mentioned before, this could be due toregional differences, I dunno.

You mention the money aspect, but don't touch on it because you know very well that it's not only blacks who are poor or have money problems. Not by along shot. Don't EVER delude yourself into thinking that your race is the sole or largest contributing factor to that.

As far as your example about the kid in Chicago vs the kid in private school, well, that's a very narrow-minded and specific example that DOES NOT apply toevery black and white person out there. Not to mention that the kid worried about getting shot, well, his situation sucks. I think this is an example of thoseunfortunate enough to be born into that kind of a setting, and maybe there are more blacks born into it than whites, I don't know. But I'm sure thereare many blacks out there born into affluence like the kid in private school you mention.

so much for your corny #@#. read the response, lame. you really got me bro, you disproved my entire father's life story because he had me when he was 61...

smh.

lol, what difference does it make that a black kid is shooting the black kid...he still fears for his life when he walks to school in the morning...do you?

lol@you still thinking I'm asking white people for anything...lol

"that's nothing any white person can change"

lol

you are seriously a %+#**%@ lame.

please, quote in my posts where I asked white people to do anything...lol

and YOU graduated college? you can't even read a 32 sentence post...

and I'm failing to see how your example of your mexican girlfriend disproves my statement that, GENERALLY, for white people, college is an expectation,whereas for black people its the exception...and only a small minute amount of that fact can be attributed to "lazy black kids"

your white family chose not to go to college, before 50 years ago black people weren't LEGALLY allowed into a majority of colleges....

how do you college educated geniuses keep overlooking that point?

oh, your white great great great grandfather didn't go to college? well, it wasn't federally mandated that he couldn't...

can't say the same for black great great great grandfathers, right?

but our struggles are prolly the same though...

lol@dude seriously trynna call me out on my father's life story

you kids are seriously dim.

btw, randyoss, not all black kids speak english....hence the ebonics debate

(now we will see who is truely ignorant when countless rolling smilies from dudes who have absolutely no idea what the ebonics controversy was even aboutlitter the post)

TAKE A STEP OUT OF THE BURBS ONCE IN A WHILE...

kid a fears being robbed and shot walking to and from school, yet his struggles are the same as the kid getting act/sat tutoring before and after school...

insert your own skin colors, iight?

lol

Originally Posted by Kneesh

If he did that, I think it's very possible for a person in the situation you describe. Heck, at least they can speak English!
smile.gif
I tell people all the time that they can accomplish almost anything you want in the day of today, no matter what your race or sex, you just needto work hard. It becomes complex because some have to work harder than others.

Lets only discuss America though because horrible things have happened on this earth, many which make American slavery pale in comparison. No point in arguingthis point I don't think; genocides, civil wars, wars, etc. I'm not saying it wasn't bad, because what was done is horrible, but it annoys me tohear that it was the worst thing that has happened to a group of people EVER.

so much for your corny #@#. read the response, lame. you really got me bro, you disproved my entire father's life story because he had me when he was 61...

smh.
If you would have read my responses you could see I wasn't arguing with you. calm down just asking questions. smh

smh.

lol, what difference does it make that a black kid is shooting the black kid...he still fears for his life when he walks to school in the morning...do you?

lol

and I'm failing to see how your example of your mexican girlfriend disproves my statement that, GENERALLY, for white people, college is an expectation, whereas for black people its the exception...and only a small minute amount of that fact can be attributed to "lazy black kids"

your white family chose not to go to college, before 50 years ago black people weren't LEGALLY allowed into a majority of colleges....

oh, your white great great great grandfather didn't go to college? well, it wasn't federally mandated that he couldn't...

(now we will see who is truely ignorant when countless rolling smilies from dudes who have absolutely no idea what the ebonics controversy was even about litter the post)

kid a fears being robbed and shot walking to and from school, yet his struggles are the same as the kid getting act/sat tutoring before and after school...

lol

I never got SAT/ACT tutoring.

All I got was a belt across my *@% when I got somethign wrong when my father was tutoring me. Wasn't fun being 4 and learning basic arithmetic fearing foryour life.
I'm thankful for it now though.
laugh.gif

Went to a HS that was basically equal amounts white, asian, and black in equal amounts. Edward R. Murrow HS
pimp.gif
in Brooklyn. True Story.

name one other enslaved and discriminated race in this country

and if you say native american, I swear to god I'm gonna submit your email to gay dating sites...

I know we're WAY past this part of the conversation, but NT was effing up for me when I tried to respond, so, here goes.
Asians, back in the 1800's too, were enslaved and discriminated against. Not on a scale as large as black people, that isn't even arguable, but infashions similar to black slavery as far as being test dummies and forced labor. In which I'm talking about the west coast gold mines and railroadbuilding, much of which used forced Asian labor brought about by promising the immigrants wealth and gold. Hell, Asians were still being enslaved for sweatshops in the early 1900's.
Not to mention the Japanese internment during World War 2.

Anything I said isn't meant to downplay what happened to black people in the 1800's, because that's far and away the worse part of this countrieshistory.

smh.

lol

and I'm failing to see how your example of your mexican girlfriend disproves my statement that, GENERALLY, for white people, college is an expectation, whereas for black people its the exception...and only a small minute amount of that fact can be attributed to "lazy black kids"

(now we will see who is truely ignorant when countless rolling smilies from dudes who have absolutely no idea what the ebonics controversy was even about litter the post)

lol
1. I agreed with you about the unfortunate situation that many people are born into where they fear for their life when walking to school. Nodebate from me there. That sucks and it shouldn't be happening to ANYONE. But, as you say, it still does... and I think that may never change (least of allin our lifetime), unfortunately.

2. Guess what? I DID disprove your notion b/c if you were right, then how come I know people where that wasn't the case in their family? Oh, that'sright, b/c your experience is the norm, right? Oh, and I never said anything about "lazy black kids".

Maybe I'm just too damn hopeful that people want to better themselves...

3. The fact that your great great grandfather couldn't go to college could impact the general expectations in your family on whether or not you go tocollege. But again, I'm hopeful that if the latest generation wants to go, they'll find a way to go.

4. So you're telling me that speaking Ebonics is the same as Farsi? I'd like to see you make that comparison. Have you ever heard Farsi??? And yetyou're telling me that for someone who speaks English, Farsi and Ebonics are the same?!?!
laugh.gif

That's not unique to black people. As I mentioned in an earlier post, in my girlfriend's family, there's only one or two people out of many who even graduated high school (they're Mexican mixed with White). I don't know why some of them didn't graduate. I'd wager to guess that the cause is a mixture of many things (social, family history/expectations, living environment, etc.).
I don't think he said it's only black people who go through that.

In the new generation of Mexicans/Hispanics/Latinos many are lazy and are easily influenced by the gang lifestyle. That's an discussion for another day. Inthe generations before hand, few of my people graduated because they had to be working hard to survive, school was a distraction. There are few who do stickwith education, but it's hard, maybe even harder than working all day. Some of the older generations were also distracted by violence, crime, substanceabuse, and war.

The world is a messed up place and outside of places like America it's not easy to make it, especially if you're not white.

lol@i don't see how nclb affects kids getting into college except them not graduating high school or something

bwhahahahaahhaahahha

and you graduated college?

please, what college gave this man a degree?

and in what?

bwhahahahahahahaha

yeah, I said my pop's childhood was the great depression, and that he was 8 shining shoes and making more than anyone else in his family....no idea how orwhy you pictured him as an adult....

and he was still legally allowed to attend ill tech....were black people? no.

yall dudes are madd funny...nothing but circular arguments here.

randyoss, I didn't touch on the money aspect because black school districts, by far, are the poorest in the country.

lol, why do you think there are so many scholarships, grants and assistance for black people?

ALL THAT HELP AND AA ONLY TO BE 4 PERCENT OF A COLLEGE CAMPUS?

are you dudes seriously this ******ed? like, forreal?

there were less than 400 black males on tOSU's campus when I went there...mind you, the campus is about 80 percent white...

like I said, for whites, college is the expectation, whereas for blacks, its the exception..

how many times do I have to type that +*%!, bruh?

is it coincidence that 80 percent of the population on most college campuses is white? (minus hbcu's and those that boarder mexico) nah, its notcoincidence, its cause black and hispanic people are stupid...and lazy, right? lol

one sentence its "but EYE never had act training" and in the next its "your example is so narrow minded"

my point is poor innercity children (99 percent black) are more worried about being shot and are only taught to standardized HIGH SCHOOL level tests than goingto college.... whereas middle to upper class suburban children (80 percent white? lol)
are more concerned with designer jeans and getting a car at 16 while being taught to get into college than getting shot/robbed on their way to/from school....

generalization? sure....

inaccurate? hardly......

check it, I went to a private school, we were doing physics as freshmen...and guess what, we weren't being prepared for state standardized tests, we werebeing prepared for the act/sat/college. (I was one of 12 black kids..and I'm mixed..)

at every public school I've ever gone to, we were being prepared for state standardized tests...(basically schools with 4 to 8 percent white kids, if that)

you think that's unique to keenan in columbus ohio? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

what percentage of the private school population is black? +*%!, what percentage of fully funded school districts are black?

what percentage is white?

(waits for some halfhearted argument of one sentence quoted in bold, while ignoring every other point)

AA, reverse racism, grants, government assistance...and we still only 6 and 7 percent of a college's population

rofl.

our struggles are sooooooooooooo the same dude...

(wawaweewa, he's the one who brought up his struggles...prior to clowning that moron, I didn't say anything about how bad I personally have it. anypersonal examples were purely to give examples of the CULTURE's experience, its not unique to me...at all. like I said, I'm light skinned and I havestories like this..I couldn't imagine being of a darker complexion...)

Back
Top Bottom