NT, do you drink tea?

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

is loose tea better than bagged tea?
I'm some tea elitist or anything and I have/would drink bagged tea without issue, but yeah I find it better. It's like a lot of things, something mass produced like some tea you can buy in stores probably won't be as good as something that's more specialized and time put into it.
If you enjoy bagged tea then keep on drinking it. If you're interested in different flavors, types, more complex teas, better quality, etc., then see if there's a tea store in your area. You should be able to get a small sample amount to see if you like it. The teapot I use was recommended to me and has really high ratings and is only 16 dollars.. Amazon product ASIN B000FPN8TK It's a inexpensive investment if you enjoy tea.

I became obsessed when I came off caffeine.
Tea is beyond appreciated...too bad the reason I stopped drinking caffeine was for my growth and I'm still 5'1
laugh.gif

Green Tea. Drinking this beverage, helps cleanse your digestive system.
My belly always stays flat.

chamomile tea for me. coffee over sweet tea...not really a big sweet tea drinker like I use to be.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm some tea elitist or anything and I have/would drink bagged tea without issue, but yeah I find it better. It's like a lot of things, something mass produced like some tea you can buy in stores probably won't be as good as something that's more specialized and time put into it.
If you enjoy bagged tea then keep on drinking it. If you're interested in different flavors, types, more complex teas, better quality, etc., then see if there's a tea store in your area. You should be able to get a small sample amount to see if you like it. The teapot I use was recommended to me and has really high ratings and is only 16 dollars.. Amazon product ASIN B000FPN8TK It's a inexpensive investment if you enjoy tea.

i should have bought a teapot way back when.. Never too late, i drink tea too often to always have to heat up small quantities every few hours
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mholmes87

Originally Posted by Big J 33

i should have bought a teapot way back when.. Never too late, i drink tea too often to always have to heat up small quantities every few hours
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
My ex-colleague's family is in the Chinese tea-business and he said that he never drinks bagged-tea mainly cuz it's the "scraps" tea... whats left from the loose-tea goes to bagged-tea.  So, yes, I'm gonna take his word on getting loose-tea over bagged-tea.  
Also, that tea pot BigJ recommended is very good.  I use a similar one as well.  You never want to over-steep your tea, so that pot allows you to steep as long as you like and "release" it into your cup right away.

Anyway, I drink lots of tea... Mostly Chinese tea (loong-jing, oolong, jasmine, pu'er, etc).  Loose-tea.

This is also the 
pimp.gif

536px-HK_milk_tea.jpg

I couldn't stand the taste of tea when I was younger. Then I tried green tea a few years ago and have been drinking it pretty much non-stop since.

All day, everyday.

Green, black, loose, bagged.

Try double bergamot earl grey by stash. Yum

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Where are you guys purchasing your loose tea?

Two leaves and a bud is a good place to purchase tea, and there are plenty of varieties to choose from. Sort of expensive but the quality is pretty good. There is a vendor I purchased from on Amazon called Davidson's Tea and they sell in bulk, but I didn't really like the chamomile I got from them last time. So I usually stick with two leaves and a bud.

I love tea.  My mom got me hooked since I was a kid.  Try some nature shops for some loose leaf teas.  I used to go to a orchard/store, that had a great assortment of teas.  I moved to dmv area recently and I go to a spice shop in georgetown and get my tea now.  

Yes...I only drink tea for lunch now, since this summer I've only had soda a few times and I feel I'm slowly starting to dislike it.

Black, green, oolong...it's all good to me. I like the non-sweet ones a lot better. Teas' Tea is a bit pricey but they're
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. My mom has lots of loose leaf tea from Taiwan so sometimes I make iced tea out of those
pimp.gif

I've been drinking tea religiously for the past month to take a break from coffee. Tea is definitely appreciated
pimp.gif

Any recommendations on a good place to purchase tea/tea blends?

The easiest way I make it is just filling a pitcher with tap water, putting about 10-12 bags in there and sitting it in the sun for about a half hour...usually make and drink a whole pitcher daily in the summer time

I don't know much about tea but I've had some of those bottled ones and isn't there a bunch of additives in there that often take away from some of the healthy aspects of it? I could have sworn I've seen high fructose corn syrup on the nutritional label or maybe I'm just crazy.

Back
Top Bottom