NT, do you think digital technology has come to a stop?

An interesting debate on the future of technology.
Eric Schmidt, chairman of Google, and Peter Thiel, technology investor and entrepreneur, participated in a lively debate at Fortune Brainstorm Tech in Aspen, CO, about the future of technology, and so much more. Fortune's Adam Lashinsky moderated.
Link to video:
Dinner and Debate with Eric Schmidt and Peter Thiel from Fortune Conferences and Fortune Conferences on FORA.tv

Link to transcript

Peter Thiel, taking the pessimistic view, and Eric Schmidt of Google, taking the optimistic view, both made good points in their debate over technology but Thiel had the knockout punch:

PETER THIEL: …Google is a great company. It has 30,000 people, or 20,000, whatever the number is. They have pretty safe jobs. On the other hand, Google also has 30, 40, 50 billion in cash. It has no idea how to invest that money in technology effectively. So, it prefers getting zero percent interest from Mr. Bernanke, effectively the cash sort of gets burned away over time through inflation, because there are no ideas that Google has how to spend money.

ERIC SCHMIDT: [talks about globalization]

Technology will never stop there is still so much more to be discovered. Same reason why I'm going to study computer engineering and go into technological field

IMO, I feel like there isn't too much to offer to smart phones. You have quad-core processing phones and super AMOLED screens, which basically, is a mini-tablet. But I feel that Apple is going to release something that is going to "WOW" everyone again. 

Technology will continue to prosper and play an important role in society. I don't think it's ever going to stop.

You haven't seen anything yet.

that is nuts! :wow:

images

I think I still have this lying around the house somewhere... :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom