NT don't mess with Bob Marley? vol. Official Reggae/Dance Hall Thread!

Not traditionally big on female Reggae artists, but this one hit me right when I heard it. Just like the vibe of it.

^^^ Ska is awesome. Pretty sure there's been other Ska stuff posted in this thread before, but not a bunch. Feel free to hit us up with more. Repped.

Ska is great but just don't post that crap meathead frat boys think is ska like 311 or sublime...

Agree (though I will admit to liking some Sublime stuff. Saw them live once at -- that's right - a frat party. The original lead singer died like two weeks after that. In any event, I would never post any of their songs in here.)

If I recall correctly, Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi , you do like some of the older, British bands that do ska-style stuff like the Specials, the English Beat and the Clash. Right?

I do lawdog1 lawdog1 , I've even posted English Beat & the Specials in the post you & someone else repped but I only did because of Ranking Roger's bridge in that song. When I hear bands like 311 & sublime I can't help but identify it in the same way when I hear Elvis. I hear cultural plagiarism designed for the sub burb/yuppie kids set.

Maybe it's a little different from me because I grew up with people with people from Jamaica & the rest of the West Indies. :rolleyes

So when is Stephen droppin Fruit of Life? Was supposed to drop like 2 years ago, not to mention still waiting for Jr Gongs next album. Bout to be 10 yrs since Jamrock

^^^ I don't know if its from a full-length album, but Damian has definitely put out some new music relatively recently. Heard a couple tracks on the radio and Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi posted something in here a couple weeks ago.

Bob Marley - Iron Lion Zion

President Barry is only the third president to visit Jamaica (Kennedy, Reagan being the first 2). Where was Barry's first stop? A private tour of 56 Hope Road, Bob Marley's home in Kingston which is now a museum.

He told the small press contingent that he still had all his Bob Marley records. :smokin Jah Rastafari Barry the Lion!!!

Last edited:
Bob Marley - Rat Race

Sometimes I think whatever runs my shuffle mode on my iPod or iPhone is alive... This just came on while my iPhone was on shuffle mode. It hadn't played an reggae until this song which played after my post above. :x

Great...no 311 or Sublime?? Thats all of my play list :frown: lol SIKE!!Yall check out Tokyo Ska Paradise from Japan! Some great two tone vibe on this track:Wisecracker from Germany:

Skip Marley - Cry To Me

First born son of Cedella, Bob & Rita's grandson.

Chronixx - Play Some Roots (Ram Jam Riddim)

New from Chronixx... :smokin

Clay - Clay - Love And Be Loved (Ram Jam Riddim)

Sara Lugo - Really Like You (ft Protoje)

The last 3 songs were produced by Silly Walks Discotheque....

Last edited:
Stephen Marley - Ghetto Boy (ft Bounty Killa & Cobra)

This son is aiight but I'd thought I'd share.

Stephen Marley - Ghetto Boy (ft Bounty Killa & Cobra)

This son is aiight but I'd thought I'd share.
good song. I actually really enjoy some of Stephens stuff. Loved the acoustic version of mind control. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom