NT drivers...stick shift vs automatic..which do you prefer?

Manual > Automatic.

And despite what some people say, a clutch-less manual is not an adequate substitute.

i'd want a manual car because its fun... on the other hand, with automatic i can eat with two hands.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Automatic FTW!!
I like being able to not have to worry about changing gears...
I can mess with everything in the car and/or text while driving
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

c/s..I'm a multi-tasker when I drive..auto is the easiest for me

TBONE95860 wrote:
Automatic FTW!!
I like being able to not have to worry about changing gears...
I can mess with everything in the car and/or text while driving pay more attention to the traffic conditions watch out for pedestrians
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

i honestly would prefer manual most of the time except for when your stuck in a lot of traffic manual is not cool anymore haha

Learning isn't difficult it's just a matter of repetition. My old roommate showed me how to drive his Honda and I learned how to drive a motorcyle lastyear. Just practice

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

WRONG, automatic transmissions are generally slower only cars with like dsg or twin clutch transmission can shift faster then manual cars.
Are those cars not Automatic?
Originally Posted by mases apprentice

automatic cars also take away power, fool
Yes, i know. You lose power through the torque con­verter. There are even torque converter clutches now to eliminate heat and increase efficiencynarrowing the gap.

On the other hand: If you're dealing with forced induction, there is a loss of boost between the manual change of gears, unless you want to"powershift" the car. Say goodbye to your clutch, then.

ive always wondered isnt manual better for stop and go seeing as you burn less gas in neutral? wait you do burn less gas in neutral don't you?

Manual.

Better in the long run.

Get caught with no battery? It's all good, just roll it down a hill and pop the clutch.

pimp.gif

i like auto for traffic but i like driving stick once in a while. IT is always a fun night when im driving stick at night with my friends lol make car stall inthe drivethru
laugh.gif

i like automatic but when i learned manual i liked it more. you really can control the car better.

Back
Top Bottom