NT Fam, Free Prescription Glasses Today (-s&h)

Damn want to place an order and have my prescription for my current pair but I don't have the PD number. When I asked them about it they said it is taken during the eye exam but not written down. I would have to come in and do it again and it would cost $70. Pure BS why wouldn't they write it down on my initial exam. That would bring my total to $100, which isn't bad but I don't have time to go and do the PD exam. FML

Originally Posted by ferndaburn

Damn want to place an order and have my prescription for my current pair but I don't have the PD number. When I asked them about it they said it is taken during the eye exam but not written down. I would have to come in and do it again and it would cost $70. Pure BS why wouldn't they write it down on my initial exam. That would bring my total to $100, which isn't bad but I don't have time to go and do the PD exam. FML

You can measure it yourself (Pause)

http://www.stingyspecs.com.au/what-is-PD.html

They wont give me my prescription info over the phone..... I don't have time to drive all the way up there for that but I do need a new pair. Any way I can get around this?

Originally Posted by ferndaburn

They don't write it down because it's got nothing to do with your eye exam - it's purely a measurement for getting glasses right.

The place you get the glasses from needs to do that part so if you choose to buy them online then that's your problem. It takes training and practice to be able to do it accurately so there's no reason they can't charge you for it so you can get cheap glasses.

That would be like going somewhere to be measured for custom shoes and expecting it to be free. $70 is a bit steep though - I would charge you $30!

Thanks for the replies. I did measure it myself and had some other people do it and got the same number. Thanks again for the link, placed an order and it should be here on Tuesday. Hope it all works out, if not I'll return them.

Stopped by the optometrist this afternoon to get my prescription..just ordered some for $10.90, thanks OP 
pimp.gif

124ix3q.png

hope this is still going on Wednesday. going to the eye doctor then and will order a pair.

someone with a -2.75 shp contact, please tell me your spectacle sph. this damn doctor only did a contract prescription on mine.

how often does this offer happen?

I didn't have my glasses prescription so I just used my contact lens one. I doubt there's much of a difference, and for 10 bucks? I'm straight.

FIRSTPAIRFREE coupon code still works on the site but it seems that a lot of the lenses are sold out for certain frames

Back
Top Bottom