NT Fam need help with a car decision.. Used Personal owner vs. new/used Dealership

I've been working overseas for the past 20 months and I come home in September.
I gave my car to my brother before i left (and ofcourse he ran it into the ground)
I got some money stacked now though about 10k i can use towards the car. and I was wondering, should just get a car through a personal owner selling theirs and drop the straight cash on it...
or should i get a car from a new/used dealership instead and pay APR% but have a warranty and all that?

Here is the dilemma, I could possibly be coming back overseas June or August 2013. so the car will sit (parents use it once in awhile)   for a year.

So is it worth paying payments for a car im not using, but come back to a warrantied ride.. or just buy something out right and not worry about all that. ?

I say go for the dealership...as long as you get the mileage warranty even if you go back overseas you don't need to worry about warranty going out. (I believe it still works the same)

unless getting a car is a pressing issue, i would say wait until you are back in the u.s for a longer period or permanently. you can stack more money w/ interest, wont have to pay insurance/registration, don't have a car sitting and can get a newer car.

but im not absolutely positive if im going to have to leave again and I live somewhat in the country, im about a 20 minute drive just to city. and there are no buses or anything that go out to where i Live so I pretty much need a car.

how much did your brother run your car into the ground? why not spend a couple hundred to keep it road worthy until you are back in the country for good. then you can go and look for something and devote the time and energy into your search.

I wouldnt drop that much on a car if I dont know 100% if I'd be using it, or having it sit. Buy from a personal owner so you can bypass the payments.

well he is still using the car, and not in the best financial situation. Plus thats fam so I will probably help him fix it up regardless (since I got a little money to help finally)

every car I've ever owned has been from personal owner , now that i have some real money to spend not just 2k-4k I do want to have something decent you know. but not knowing what if im staying is whats killing me

Grab a car 2k cash. Stack that bread. If you don't go back overseas then you get one better.

yea but thats kinda a waste cuz if i buy a 2k car and I dont go back, and want a new car i gotta try to sell the 2k car and all that.. thats kinda a mess u know

Back
Top Bottom