NT gamers, what are your thoughts on SONY and Microsoft "banning" you from playing used games?

I heard about this yesterday.SMH at those companies. Bunch of money hungry jerks.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by jonnyybp

No offline gaming? now thats just ridiculous

This.
indifferent.gif

I can definitely understand the used games part, but they are kinda buggin' with the no offline gaming.
I'd like to know where everyone is getting this "no offline gaming" trash from. I keep telling ya'll there's no plans for this to happen.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by jonnyybp

No offline gaming? now thats just ridiculous

This.
indifferent.gif

I can definitely understand the used games part, but they are kinda buggin' with the no offline gaming.
I'd like to know where everyone is getting this "no offline gaming" trash from. I keep telling ya'll there's no plans for this to happen.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I believe it...I'm just saying that would be kinda dumb.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I know gamefly / gamefly users is mad about this..

I am, that's why I stay away of EA games but this new business model will destroy these types of services, no?

They aren't that stupid. They know this isn't going to work. Either way there's always a way to get around everything that is downloaded. They'll end up loosing money because people would probably replicate the files and no game sales = no exclusives for xbox.

I could hardly care though, PS34Life.

Don't game much any more, but was planning to get the new xbox whenever it come out.  If this happens I won't be based on principle.

I think the gov't will step in as well.  Remember Apple only allowed iPods to use iTunes then the gov't forced them to open it up.

Ridiculous 
30t6p3b.gif

I usually only get games I really want, but I have a feeling they'll raise those prices too...

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

I dont play games. I was talking to my co workers 2 weeks ago and I asked them about memory cards and they all just started laughing at me

roll.gif
roll.gif

the good old days of the 8mb ps2 memory cards. 
but i doubt they will not let you play a game offline. that is pushing it too far.

why do they have to be so damn greeedy 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

hate that crap, ruined my FIFA 11 time since it was used and the online pass was used, was not about to pay for a pass, I mean who gets a pass uses it then returns the game a week later?

Dumb. There are plenty of games that have come out where I said "I'll wait for a price drop" "I'll pick it up when it gets marked down used." or a "buy 2 get 1 free used game sale" kinda thing.

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

I dont play games. I was talking to my co workers 2 weeks ago and I asked them about memory cards and they all just started laughing at me

roll.gif
roll.gif

the good old days of the 8mb ps2 memory cards. 

The're bringing the concept back with the Vita. 
If they don't allow used games to be played, they'll definitely suffer in sales. Almost everyone I know that plays games sells their games to Gamestop to buy new games or consoles. If they are unable to do that, I am sure most will not play as much games as they do now.

this is wack ... i own 1 used game ... w/ that being said ... they're only hurting themselves ...

i'll just wait until the prices comedown like i normally do ... i shouldn't be too affected by this ...

i can buy any item i want brand new and sell it once i'm done with it ... what makes video games any different ... if these kids can't trade in games
30t6p3b.gif

i'm gonna pay 60$ for a game that last 4 hrs ...
laugh.gif
... nah i'm good

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

this is wack ... i own 1 used game ... w/ that being said ... they're only hurting themselves ...

i'll just wait until the prices comedown like i normally do ... i shouldn't be too affected by this ...

i can buy any item i want brand new and sell it once i'm done with it ... what makes video games any different ... if these kids can't trade in games
30t6p3b.gif

i'm gonna pay 60$ for a game that last 4 hrs ...
laugh.gif
... nah i'm good
laugh.gif
 i feel the same way

i probably won't play next gen...kind of annoyed with everything this current gen

if anything ill play ios/android games more casually

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Seriously $!#$ these gaming companies. They already try and nickel and dime us on a game that's 60$.
They do w/ this dl content crap ... only game i see myself buying content for is mass effect ... other than that if it didn't make the game release, i don't care about it ... i usually wait for the game of the year editions that come out the next year ... my game backlog is crazy anyways ... i got 450 + games ... i went overboard w/ that best buy scheme a while back
laugh.gif
... i work more now, less time for games ... couldn't care less about DLC .. 
i'm a gamer at heart and have the funds to do it ... used games allow people to find "gems" ... at this rate these games are gonna sell worse and then these gaming houses are gonna go under or have to make android and ios games to stay alive ... 

so let's just fast fwd 5 years where all games just come out on xbox live, psn or on the wii channel ... /rant

buckle up, Sony enthusiasts. A tipster has told Kotaku that the PlayStation 4 is named "Orbis" and that it will feature an anti-used-game system, offer no backward compatibility with PlayStation 3 titles, and ship in holiday 2013.

Orbis is just a code name…or is it?

As for the first part of the rumor, multiple sources told the blog that the Orbis will sport some sort of anti-used-game measure. Full Orbis games will be available via Blu-ray disc or as a PlayStation Network download and will be locked to a single PSN account. Players will not be able to circumvent the system by remaining offline, as the source said users will be forced to be connected to the PSN to boot up their games.

Gamers will be free to trade in Orbis games, but the person who purchases a secondhand disc will be restricted to a limited trial mode or "some other form of content restriction." These gamers will be forced to pay a fee to unlock the full title, according to the source.

Back
Top Bottom