NT Golfers unite: What's in the bag?

Good looks on the AP1s HUSTLIN... they are definitely super solid irons and i'd play them if i had em. i had several long range sessions with them and theydefinitely are a sign of titleist taking a step away from the "good ole boy" golfers to the younger and introductory golfer...

HUSTLIN ON YOU...nice set up... and nice pics ..what course is that.? I was going to take some pics as well this weekend when we head out to thecourse...should of did it last weekend (we played Cherokee Hills.. in tulsa, the course John Daly Played to practice because he could drink, wear shorts, andride in a cart. oh and gamble..lol) its a nice coure though.

HUSTLIN ON YOU...nice set up... and nice pics ..what course is that.? I was going to take some pics as well this weekend when we head out to thecourse...should of did it last weekend (we played Cherokee Hills.. in tulsa, the course John Daly Played to practice because he could drink, wear shorts, andride in a cart. oh and gamble..lol) its a nice coure though.

Just started Golfing last year and been hooked since

Didn't waste anytime getting a bag together
laugh.gif
dude dropped somebills in his first year... nice looking though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

Just started Golfing last year and been hooked since. Here is some shots from last week when I played at Fleming in SF. Any local SF Nters into Golf? Hit me up if anyone wants to go play.
yo, I've been playing Flemming a lot lately (like once every other week). I usually hit the range there and play Flemming for practice. But, forsome reason I've never played harding before. All my golfing buddies live outside SF and don't have the resedent card. It cost too much for them toplay.

But man, I'm down to play..

Driver: Nike Ignite 410
Woods: Nike T-60 3 & 4 Woods
Hybrids: Nike Ignite 3H 20*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4-SW
Wedge: Nike Tiger Woods LW 60*
Putter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport & Studio Design 1.5

Driver: Titleist 983K 10.5* w/ Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
3 Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel 15* w/ TM M.A.S. 2 Stiff
Utility: Taylor Made Rescue Mid 19* w/ Royal Precision Rifle Stiff
Irons: Titleist DCI 762 4-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S-300
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Chrome 53*, 60*
Cleveland 588 RTG 56*
Putter: Scotty Cameron by Titleist Studio Style Newport 2 35"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1
Bag: Titleist X66 Navy/Silver/Red

7.1 index, but I've only played once this year because I just don't have the time at the moment...

rb vore, pm me your number. Im free now since I just got done with finals, hopefully I can golf all summer but I am looking for a job at the moment.

My girlfriend is looking to get into golfing... shed be a complete beginner, i dunno where to find some cheap but usable clubs for her.

shes 5'3'', right handed... never played a hole of golf in her life, been to the driving range like twice
laugh.gif

any help on this would be appreciated

^ If you live near a Golf Galaxy store you could pick up a 7 piece starter set for her for $99.99, plus depending on the store they might also have a goodselection of pre-owned clubs for a good price if you're not looking to drop a lot of money.

*EDIT*

You can also buy the 7 piece starter set from golfgalaxy.com if there isn't a store near you.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

My girlfriend is looking to get into golfing... shed be a complete beginner, i dunno where to find some cheap but usable clubs for her.

shes 5'3'', right handed... never played a hole of golf in her life, been to the driving range like twice
laugh.gif

any help on this would be appreciated

check out like a d1ck's sporting goods or a store like that - they probably sell starter packages, including irons, woods, putter, and a bag... theymake them for women, too.. which, you should make sure to get b/c she's small and won't be able to swing regular sized men's very effectively.

^ I've been playing for almost 20 years, and I prefer the tour velvet full cord grips (I'm no scratch player, but I have been hitting the ball quite abit straighter and more consistantly since I switched 3 years ago).

I love the bargain bags at golf stores, I copped a Titleist 5 Wood for $32.50 with tax. I just hit a bucket of balls at the golf course. Next time you go to agolf shop, check the bargain bags or used clubs, they are cheap and really good if they are name brand.

Once I get back from Vegas this weekend, these will be in the bag.

9950_12.JPG

and.....

bow down.....

905e_1.JPG

Yep...after 5 seasons, it's time to move the Nike blades out of the bag, and I already have a studio style Newport 2, but that Studio Select Newport 2 justmakes me happy in pants!

^ what are you gonna do with your old scotty? how much you want for it? what kinda shape it in?

"Bow down" to a Cameron Studio Select?

Sorry, not a big fan of the gimmicky interchangeable weights (which you can't even change yourself).

If that's your thing, a Rife putter is a better way to go.

The Cameron Studio Select has a red Baby T cord grip and interchangeable weights in the heel and toe, but they don't include a tool kit or additionalweights so you can set it up for yourself.

Originally Posted by kingdugan

Sorry, not a big fan of the gimmicky interchangeable weights (which you can't even change yourself).

I don't mind the weights, but then again, I'm a tinkerer when it comes to clubs. I'm always messing with lead tape and stuff like that. I maychange my mind when I practice with it, but I love it's sleek looks. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to something with the look of a 100%German Stainless Cameron.

ad9e_1.JPG

a9c0_1.JPG

As impulsive as I am though, I may come home with a Cameron Detour and a set of Cally X-tours....Thanks for the stimulus check G.W.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by kingdugan

I don't mind the weights, but then again, I'm a tinkerer when it comes to clubs. I'm always messing with lead tape and stuff like that. I may change my mind when I practice with it, but I love it's sleek looks. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to something with the look of a 100% German Stainless Cameron.

ad9e_1.JPG

a9c0_1.JPG

As impulsive as I am though, I may come home with a Cameron Detour and a set of Cally X-tours....Thanks for the stimulus check G.W.
wink.gif
The Studio Stainless is a much better way to go than the Studio Select. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

alright i got my stimulus check in the mail now its time to get to work can im lookin on ebay right now..as far as drivers go can any body tell me what thenumbers 8.5*, 9.5* and 10.5* ect ect mean?

also it seems like everybody has mix matched sets(different irons woods and drivers) how many different clubs should a beginning golfer ideally have in the bagto start off, like is there a certain amount of woods and irons each bag should have..which clubs are essential to building a good bag

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

alright i got my stimulus check in the mail now its time to get to work can im lookin on ebay right now..as far as drivers go can any body tell me what the numbers 8.5*, 9.5* and 10.5* ect ect mean?

also it seems like everybody has mix matched sets(different irons woods and drivers) how many different clubs should a beginning golfer ideally have in the bag to start off, like is there a certain amount of woods and irons each bag should have..which clubs are essential to building a good bag

^that's the degrees. higher the number = higher ball flight. lower number = lower trajectory, goes further but also harder to hit IMO.

the rest of your question is all preference, but you're only supposed to have 14 clubs.
me: driver, 2 woods, 7 irons, 3 wedges, putter

Originally Posted by rb vore

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

alright i got my stimulus check in the mail now its time to get to work can im lookin on ebay right now..as far as drivers go can any body tell me what the numbers 8.5*, 9.5* and 10.5* ect ect mean?

also it seems like everybody has mix matched sets(different irons woods and drivers) how many different clubs should a beginning golfer ideally have in the bag to start off, like is there a certain amount of woods and irons each bag should have..which clubs are essential to building a good bag

^that's the degrees. higher the number = higher ball flight. lower number = lower trajectory, goes further but also harder to hit IMO.

the rest of your question is all preference, but you're only supposed to have 14 clubs.
me: driver, 2 woods, 7 irons, 3 wedges, putter

The degree of loft on your driver is also relative to your club head and ball speed. If you have a few extra bucks to spend and you want to do it right,get fitted at a local golf shop. Some of them even do it for free if you buy the clubs from them.

Back
Top Bottom