NT, got like a 17 K Budget, help me pick a car.

Looking for a sedan. I've narrowed it down to a Maxima or Accord but open to other suggestions. So far, it seems for my price range an Accord is way more do-able. All the Maximas in my price range are sort of high mileage (50k+). I was hoping for a V6 though.

What y'all think. I don't know much about cars.

I dont think NT car threads will ever get old :lol:

But seriously, put the car on hold and spend all 17k on da jesus piece

Last edited:
Since you already seem to kinda want the accord I would probably do that. I got a similar budget for a whip but I'm more into sports cars etc...

I actually found a couple 370z's I can prolly get around that price. Also looked at a 2011 Jaguar XF with 20k miles, but I know the maintenance would be crazy.

I just put a down payment on a 2013 LTZ fleet impala fully loaded $15,000 before tax and everything else.

No hemi though.

I've been doing research lately on these manufacturer extended warranties and there are some decent deals to be had. I'm not talking about 3rd party warranties either, these are the ones from the manufacturer with oem parts. A lot of out of state dealerships will sell these warranties online to people all over the country for a small mark up because they sell them in volume and you can get your car worked on at any official dealership in the country.

For example I was looking at F-150s and I was quoted by a CT Ford dealership at $1200 for a 7 year/75k warranty with $100 deductible. This warranty covers 1000+ parts. It's essentially bumper to bumper minus the $100 deductible and just excludes things like tires and glass. This same plan would be $2600 if you purchased it from Fords website and a normal dealership would probably ask $3000+.

This doesn't necessarily answer OP's question, but it's just an idea to throw out there for anyone who wanted a car that isn't considered as reliable or a used vehicle that has a lot of electrical equipment like infotainment systems and all that.

This method is actually probably cheaper than buying a CPO vehicle and the coverage is longer depending on how long you decide to get coverage for. I don't know how every brand is, but I know there are a ton of Ford and Chrysler dealerships who sell these plans.

My plan is to get either a Ram wit da hemi or F-150 that's a year or two old because of the high depreciation after the first year, and just buy one of those extended warranties for at least the duration of my car loan. I might never need to use it, but for a grand it's a safe bet considering the reliability issues with American cars.

Just copped an 04' for $4500. So far so good.
smokin.gif
$4500 sounds way too good to be true. Just wait for that rear subframe to plummet through the sheet metal. 

I dont think NT car threads will ever get old :lol:

But seriously, put the car on hold and spend all 17k on da jesus piece

Nothing wrong with that. I did when I got mines and just took the public bus.....

I'd say forget the Maxima though. Honda seems more reliable.

A V6 Accord under 10 years and around 50K miles can be found for that price or lower.

Back
Top Bottom