NT GRIND THREAD vol. Life Is A Game, Put Down The XBox Controller and WIN

YO NT!

A couple of friends and I started an email we call the Grind Thread. We're all at different stages in our lives, but we all have goals / dreams that we grind at every single day in order to achieve them (I'm finishing my last semester but I'm trying to launch a startup, one guy has a career as a web developer but he started making YouTube web dev tutorials and started his own web dev instructional site [holla at LevelUpTuts.com], and our other friend is living in LA and trying to come up as a model / EDM producer).

We all know that our dreams and aspirations are possible if we grind hard EVERY. SINGLE. DAY., and so we use the Grind Thread to post what we accomplished in the previous day, major developments in the projects / goals we're working on, organizational tips, goals for the next day / near future, and anecdotes that hype us up and motivate us to overcome all of the trials. Right when **** starts goin wrong, we have two other dudes goin through similar trials ready to pump us up to take over the world.

So, I bring this to you, NT, because I know there are a lot of hustlers and grinders on here; a lot of people with big dreams but maybe lacking the drive to finish the race, or even start it. Get in this thread, post about what you're working on, post the successes and the failures, and all of the lessons you've learned. Most importantly though, KEEP IT POSITIVE. When you have pure positivity and camaraderie at your back, you can wade though even the deepest ********. LET'S GET IT. I'll start.

Right now, I'm working on a pitch presentation for a startup I'm trying to launch. The idea is focused in the recruiting area, and if I win this pitch competition next week then I'll get $1,000 (not much, but it'll help) and I'll also get my incorporation costs paid. Once that's done, I'm going to start pitching to potential clients and then I'll start networking like crazy with VCs, startup founders, etc. in the Detroit area. Sorry I'm being a bit cryptic about the idea, but we're in a sensitive stage right now so I don't want to throw out too much information. Things are moving along, but this last semester is killing me. Don't think I've ever been this busy in my college career.

Goals for the Week:

- Finish valuation for the startup with my other finance guy. We're both pretty experienced at valuation and the information gathering is almost done, so we should have results by the weekend.

- Finish surveys that will go out to potential clients and send them to a friend who specializes in surveys. Hopefully have them sent out to clients by the beginning of next week.

- Finish pitch presentation by Sunday so that it can be turned in Monday morning. That means having valuation, pricing strategy, and scaling all completely ironed out, or at least looking completely ironed out.

- Murder my Psych & Bio of Human Sexuality exam today that I barely studied for because I've been so damn busy...this will be a true test of my strength :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what's good NT, what's your grind?

P.S. Check out my boy's site: LevelUpTuts.com if you're interested in learning web development!

Im lost brahs

No direction

Why do you say you're lost? Are you in school or working right now? What are your goals / dreams?

OP you from the D?

I'm from Flint originally, studying at MSU right now. What's good~!

Eh. To busy grinding to have time to keep up with this thread. Stay up fellaz.

Word, appreciate the support, good luck on your endeavors homie.

To everyone: Use this thread as you will, I'm just hoping this will become a vehicle by which we can motivate ourselves to achieve our goals, push one another, and share ideas. Even if you're working on a solo project, it's good to feel like you're not working alone. So... Post Your Grinds!

Back
Top Bottom