NT GUNTALKERS Vol. In Memory of BFO

Haven't had a good old fashion gun thread on NT for a minute now, let's just keep this thread legal and mature. We don't need 2nd Amendmentbashers here, please this thread is for anyone who is interested in guns, shooting, hunting, collecting, etc...We don't want to hear your opinions on howevil you may think guns are. You can start your own thread on that topic.

Anyways, had a great day of shooting out in the mountains today with friends and family. Brought out my little cache of old firearms and lit up everyone ofthem, God I love that smell of burnt powder
smokin.gif
. Played around with a1/4" steel plate at 50yrds by testing a few different calibers to determine penetration. Conclusion? Handgun rounds from the .22
laugh.gif
, 9mm, 40sw, 45, 44mag are poor penetrators(no duh) but it was fun hearing thosebullet ding off at the plate, only the .44 magnum left a nice dent. As for the rifle rounds .223, 7.62's sliced through like hot butter.

My "collection" mainly composed of old weapons collected through a 3 year frame. Don't have anything cool looking, just stuff historical provento work. I have two AR15 kits still on backorder, a 14.5" M4 profile and a 16" M4 profile.

3750965869_71572d30f9_b.jpg

A few random shots I like:

3239455213_1edbb5a102_o.jpg

3117227912_6b8cffa615_o.jpg

3118152215_8747847aff_o.jpg

2976126369_0dd9373252_o.jpg

3750973285_7a563af714_o.jpg

oh and here is the 1/4" steel plate we were shooting at.

iz2pmh.jpg

I'm here

I say we just bump up the BFO post though, that thread has/had a lot of info plus it was the biggest thread BFO had made,

btw Seattle your collection as always is
smokin.gif

you still have that Sig p225/p6 I see, how's it treating you? I was very close to picking one up a few months ago

Originally Posted by 18key

Nice collection
pimp.gif

How long is the wait for those AR-15 kits?

thanks, I went with del-ton because of their quality and great prices but ETA is atleast 16 weeks+, same goes for many of the other brands. But prices havecome down for sure after all this mayhem.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I'm here

I say we just bump up the BFO post though, that thread has/had a lot of info plus it was the biggest thread BFO had made,

smokin.gif

you still have that Sig p225/p6 I see, how's it treating you? I was very close to picking one up a few months ago

i searched but couldnt find it. tried firearms and guns search?

btw, that p6? I love it! best 300 pennies I've ever spent. It's pretty crazy how the same $280 USED german carried sig goes for $400 now, only a fewbucks more can get you a brand new springfield xd with more advanced technology + higher mag capacity! Those days of cheap p6/225's are ovaaa.

SIG SAUER[emoji]174[/emoji] P250 Wins Two NRA Golden Bullseye Awards

SIG SAUER, Inc. proudly announced the P250 pistol as the recipient of the National Rifle Association's coveted Golden Bullseye Award for Shooting Illustrated Handgun of the Year and American Rifleman Tactical Handgun of the Year.

"We are honored to receive, not one, but two, Golden Bullseye Awards from the National Rifle Association," Ron Cohen, CEO of SIG SAUER, Inc. commented. "These prestigious awards honor the best-in-class products of our industry. The SIG SAUER P250 revolutionized the concept of pistol modularity with a simple, one-piece, removable fire-control assembly. Now, one gun can be adapted to fit the shooter for size and caliber, making the P250 the most versatile gun for law enforcement and civilians on the market today."

The concept behind the innovative SIG SAUER P250 is based on a serialized modular frame and a fire-control assembly that allows the user to easily configure their pistol, their way by changing caliber, grip size, trigger and slide length at will. The SIG SAUER P250 is available as a full size, compact and sub-compact pistol in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG and .45 ACP in a black Nitron finish or Two-Tone. MSRP of the SIG SAUER P250 ranges from $750.00 to $870.00 depending upon caliber and finish. The X-Change Kits for the P250 MSRP at $375.00 for any of the available calibers.

This is the one gun that changes everything, the new P250[emoji]174[/emoji] is a modular pistol that allows the shooter to change caliber and grip size at will. One gun that adapts to perfectly fit any individual's hand size, shooting style, and purpose.

The new SIG SAUER[emoji]174[/emoji] P250 is a radically new kind of pistol that carries the renowned SIG SAUER quality - the performance, the accuracy and the reliability - into an exciting new range of unlimited possibilities, all built around a single, serial-numbered metal frame and fire control assembly. Choose the caliber: 9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W, or .45ACP. Choose compact, subcompact or full size polymer grip module. Select
one of three grip sizes and two trigger lengths. Now it's a fully customized P250. But then you can change
everything to meet new requirements. When you have a P250, you not only have a high-quality SIG SAUER pistol that perfectly meets your needs. You have the foundation for building a new SIG SAUER pistol that will meet changing needs without the slightest sacrifice in performance.

my dream has always been to own an M-16

is it true you have to pay a certain yearly fee just to own it?

I want a simple gun for when I get my own place next year...what kind of handgun would you guys recommend for someone who just wants one for security purposes?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I want a simple gun for when I get my own place next year...what kind of handgun would you guys recommend for someone who just wants one for security purposes?
Glock, Beretta, Sig
a trusty .357
they say a 12-gauge shot gun is ideal for home protection though

Why do they say that Fear tactic or effectiveness?...I would think a handgun would be easier for a mild user.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Glock, Beretta, Sig
a trusty .357
they say a 12-gauge shot gun is ideal for home protection though

Anything more specific? Like what kind of Glock, a .45? 9mm?
What are good shotgun brands? Just the standard Mossberg?

Originally Posted by Seattle206

I'm here

smokin.gif

i searched but couldnt find it. tried firearms and guns search?

btw, that p6? I love it! best 300 pennies I've ever spent. It's pretty crazy how the same $280 USED german carried sig goes for $400 now, only a few bucks more can get you a brand new springfield xd with more advanced technology + higher mag capacity! Those days of cheap p6/225's are ovaaa.

Word, that's good to hear. How many mags did yours come with? One of the reasons why I opted to not pick one up was cause magazine availability is scarce& expensive and it only holds 8. Still wouldn't mind owning one though, they look sexy with some nice wood grips

Anything more specific? Like what kind of Glock, a .45? 9mm?
What are good shotgun brands? Just the standard Mossberg?

I'd go 9mm with the Glock & Beretta. but it all depends on what you want, personally for .45 I'd rather have a 1911
Mossberg, Remington are good & trustworthy + affordable

On everything I was gonna make this thread after class today...
pimp.gif

2db152ef5d394d093d6dd7065abe30a88ccaf4f.jpg

G 19 only shot him once this year..
smh.gif
smh.gif

RIP to Jake.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

where did you go? tinkham rd?

yes, I've been going to tinkham road for the past 3 years. But there is a i-90 corridor shooting closure in effect.

The Seattle Times

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I-90 forest corridor closing to target shooters for one year

By Jennifer Sullivan

Seattle Times staff reporter

Starting today, a popular swath of national forest land along the Interstate 90 corridor between North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass will be closed to target shooters for one year, and possibly permanently.

Closing forest lands where shooting is allowed is a controversial move, but Snoqualmie District Ranger Jim Franzel said he made the decision after gunfire has repeatedly come uncomfortably close to hikers, campers, contract workers and rangers.

On Wednesday, rangers in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest began posting signs in the 7,000-acre area off Interstate 90 warning target shooters to push their activities into more remote sections of the more than 1 million-acre forest.

Areas included in the shooting ban are along Tinkham and Denny Creek roads, although the areas still will be open to licensed hunters during the permissible months.

Franzel said anyone caught target shooting in the banned areas can be fined up to $5,000 and face up to six months in jail. While he says the closure is a temporary one-year ban that will be reviewed in the fall, he would like to see target shooting permanently banned in the areas off I-90.

"It's just a dangerous situation," Franzel said. "We have a lot of target shooters going into areas that are screened with vegetation. Target shooters believe they are shooting in a safe manner and they're not."

It now is legal to discharge firearms in national forests, as long as it isn't within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site or occupied area.

Franzel said his decision to push forward with the ban came after a contract worker, who was recently in the forest repairing areas damaged by floods late last year, was nearly hit by gunfire. Franzel said that because of the dense forest coverage it is often difficult to determine where the gunfire is coming from.

Dave Workman, a North Bend resident who is senior editor of Gun Week magazine, said he has talked to a contractor who was almost struck by target shooters in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.

"Some of these guys have been shooting along the road. ... That's not responsible shooting, it's just plain stupidity," Workman said. "I think about the image that these slob shooters are creating for every responsible gun owner who may want to go out and do recreational shooting."

But one Pierce County hunter and firearms instructor believes that responsible gun users are being unfairly punished.

"I do not believe the number of incidents that happen justifies penalizing everybody for the carelessness of very few," said Bob Wendt, who belongs to the National Rifle Association and the Washington State Rifle And Pistol Association. "Personally, I think people who shoot carelessly should be held to task for it legally. The days of shooting bottles at a landfill are long over."

Wendt said he is concerned the ban on target shooting, what he calls "plinking," will encroach on the right to hunt in national forests.

"If you close national forests to plinking, you close national forests to hunting. If it's not safe to plink, it's not safe to hunt," Wendt said.

Nearly 5 million people visit the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest annually, the majority of whom, Franzel said, travel to easy-to-access trails and other destinations off I-90. The areas closed to target shooting will stretch from Exit 38, off I-90, to the top of Snoqualmie Pass.

Jennifer Sullivan: 206-464-8294 or [email protected]

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009 The Seattle Times Company

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ooting01m.html

but, this just means you can only shoot within these exits if you are atleast 100yrds from i-90.

is it true you have to pay a certain yearly fee just to own it?
Well if you actually want a select-fire M-16 then it is considered an NFA weapon; machine guns, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns,suppressors, destructive devices, and AOW's. You have to check on your state on what you can own. Plus you have to pay a special $200 stamp for an NFAweapon and those select-fire M-16's will cost you at least $12,000+.

Or if you can own an AR-15, which the M4/M16's fall into the same family except AR-15's are civilian semi-auto models. Prices range from $700-$2000 onwhat you like. No special fee's required but you gotta check on your state if you can own one or not. Kali for example has a lot of nonsense lawsregarding on what you and cannot have on your AR, but they are legal.

I love my E-series colt python, I dont carry it, I just keep it for the zombies
that python is beautiful, one of the finest examples of a DA revolvers ever. but i would quickly scrap those pachmayr grips and put back someoriginal python wood grips.

OP - What camera do you use?
My old canon rebel xt.

Say what's up to my buddies over at Wade's. Was out in Seattle last summer and spent many hours and $$$$ at their fine establishment.

Back
Top Bottom